*****Official Derby of all Time match thread*****

Follow the match live and post your in game comments on the official match day threads.

Re: *****Official Derby of all Time match thread*****

Postby Dazzacity » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:51 pm

From the 3rd tier, can you pop down to the bars at the lower tier? Iv got some mates goin and was wondering if you can walk down to them some how?? Prob not, Im guessing.
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby trout man » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:53 pm

Green & Blue wrote:Fans left funing as Howard Webb dropped for the derby.

Alex Ferguson has controversially dropped talismanic referee Howard Webb from Man Utd’s starting 12 for the crucial Premier League clash with Man City, and will instead hand a start to Andre Marriner.
Early reports indicated that crowd favourite Webb would line up for the league leaders, but news has now surfaced that Ferguson is to take a gamble on Marriner.
Marriner, who has only made 3 starts for Man Utd this season, is a surprise selection by Ferguson, given Webb’s ability to pull highly contentious decisions out of the bag in big matches.
“Webby has put in some great performances for us in the past, but I feel the expectation levels of supporters could be too much for him on this occasion,” revealed Ferguson.
“I might put him on the bench as an impact referee in case we need one of their players sending off or a penalty deep into stoppage time.”
Manchester Derby
The news of Marriner’s inclusion has left United fans miffed given Ferguson’s criticism of his performance in a 2-0 defeat to Liverpool in 2009.
“It doesn’t make any sense not to include Webbo,” said avid fan John Henderson, who has lived in Plymouth all his life and whose only connection with Manchester is that he once voted for Bez when he was on Celebrity Big Brother.
“In games like this you want your best performers on the pitch, and Webbsio pulling the strings is as good as going into the game with a two-nil lead.”
“I hope that Ferguson has seen something in Marriner in training that suggests he can rise to the occasion.”
“If City have still got eleven men on the pitch at half-time then I’ll be singing Webbsyio’s name.”
“I’ll be singing it at the TV, but rest assured that the wife will be left in no doubt about how angry I am.”

A stroke of genius, just sent it all over the webb...
Hoping our new rollercoaster gives us the thrill of our lives.
trout man
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: Ellie and City
My favourite player is: Vinnie

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:58 pm

[youtube]RpzTv5fHgn0[/youtube]
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby mr_nool » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:03 pm

[youtube]HbAeZX6t-PM[/youtube]
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Dazzacity » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:04 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:[youtube]RpzTv5fHgn0[/youtube]

Cracks me up everytime. That might have to make a return on facebook.
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Scatman » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:17 pm

Dazzacity wrote:From the 3rd tier, can you pop down to the bars at the lower tier? Iv got some mates goin and was wondering if you can walk down to them some how?? Prob not, Im guessing.

You can get to the second tier from the third, but you can't get to any block you like on the second tier. If you are using the same entrance but are on different tiers you will be OK.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Dazzacity » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:23 pm

Scatman wrote:
Dazzacity wrote:From the 3rd tier, can you pop down to the bars at the lower tier? Iv got some mates goin and was wondering if you can walk down to them some how?? Prob not, Im guessing.

You can get to the second tier from the third, but you can't get to any block you like on the second tier. If you are using the same entrance but are on different tiers you will be OK.

I might be ok then.Ill see on the day.

Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby sandman » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:31 pm

The FA semi final was a bigger game than this, I am not getting over excited about this one, just very nervy of decisions and incidents beyond City's control.
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby feedthegreek » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:09 pm

interview here with the purple one, sounds out of breath to me.
http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0 ... 64,00.html
feedthegreek
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Dawnherts » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:17 pm

This is the most nervously excited I've been in years. Yeah I know I need to get out more :-)
Dawnherts
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchestet City
My favourite player is: All of them!

Postby Original Dub » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:40 pm

I just re read the official fa cup final thread in the classics section.

And I fucking loved it!
Original Dub

Postby Steve » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:44 am

trout man wrote:

Alex Ferguson has controversially dropped talismanic referee Howard Webb from Man Utd’s starting 12 for the crucial Premier League clash with Man City, and will instead hand a start to Andre Marriner.
Early reports indicated that crowd favourite Webb would line up for the league leaders, but news has now surfaced that Ferguson is to take a gamble on Marriner.
Marriner, who has only made 3 starts for Man Utd this season, is a surprise selection by Ferguson, given Webb’s ability to pull highly contentious decisions out of the bag in big matches.
“Webby has put in some great performances for us in the past, but I feel the expectation levels of supporters could be too much for him on this occasion,” revealed Ferguson.
“I might put him on the bench as an impact referee in case we need one of their players sending off or a penalty deep into stoppage time.”
Manchester Derby
The news of Marriner’s inclusion has left United fans miffed given Ferguson’s criticism of his performance in a 2-0 defeat to Liverpool in 2009.
“It doesn’t make any sense not to include Webbo,” said avid fan John Henderson, who has lived in Plymouth all his life and whose only connection with Manchester is that he once voted for Bez when he was on Celebrity Big Brother.
“In games like this you want your best performers on the pitch, and Webbsio pulling the strings is as good as going into the game with a two-nil lead.”
“I hope that Ferguson has seen something in Marriner in training that suggests he can rise to the occasion.”
“If City have still got eleven men on the pitch at half-time then I’ll be singing Webbsyio’s name.”
“I’ll be singing it at the TV, but rest assured that the wife will be left in no doubt about how angry I am.”

That has made me laugh. A lot.
There's only one Antoine!
Steve

Supporter of: The Rays
My favourite player is: Evan Longoria

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:43 am

Scatman wrote:

You cant get to the first tier from the entrances which serve the 2nd and 3rd tier.

And similarly, once in the ground you cant get to the first tier from the other tiers, although can move freely between 2nd and 3rd tier (2nd tier bar is usually a better bet than 3rd tier as its much bigger
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby bigblue » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:00 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:[youtube]RpzTv5fHgn0[/youtube]

one of the best videos on all of youtube, never gets old
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby aaron bond » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:07 am

Steve wrote:
trout man wrote:

Manchester Derby

That has made me laugh. A lot.

Fantastic! :-)
aaron bond

Supporter of: City

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:46 am

Rules for the Scum

1. No let up in the noise
2. South Stand have to join in.
3. Abuse of the Scum is a free for all
4. Do not allow the scum's SCUM to be heard.
5. Stay till the fucking end
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:51 am

North Stand were better than South Stand last time. Starting songs we could all join in with when nothing was happening rather than just standing up. Whoever was getting it all going deserves a medal.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:04 am

Ted Hughes wrote:North Stand were better than South Stand last time. Starting songs we could all join in with when nothing was happening rather than just standing up. Whoever was getting it all going deserves a medal.

Every City fan should be shown Bilbao v Sporting. That was a Russ Abbot night.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby ashton287 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:36 am

SSN this morning, journo "a lot of things happened in that game (the 6-1) the sending off and it wasn't really a 6-1, united went chasing it" and it is going to be a draw apparently.

Hmmmmm. So we never actually beat them 6-1. Why has no one bothered to point this out before we all embarrassed ourselves talking about a game that never happened.
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby gillie » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:39 am

ashton287 wrote:SSN this morning, journo "a lot of things happened in that game (the 6-1) the sending off and it wasn't really a 6-1, united went chasing it" and it is going to be a draw apparently.

Hmmmmm. So we never actually beat them 6-1. Why has no one bothered to point this out before we all embarrassed ourselves talking about a game that never happened.

Journo's are fuckin good are'nt they they can even make FACTS lies.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

PreviousNext

Return to Match Day Threads