*****Official Derby of all Time match thread*****

Follow the match live and post your in game comments on the official match day threads.

Re: *****Official Derby of all Time match thread*****

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:18 am

Don't think it will be a 'goalfest' (to quote contemporary parlance) on Monday night. It'll be tight, tense, tetchy and physical - if we can keep a clean sheet, who would bet against Tevez popping up with the winner ??........phew, what a game it's going to be and then, after that, it's away to Newcastle. You couldn't make it up if you tried; it's just like an adventure thriller.

For old codgers like me on this site, the coincidence of the Sunderland and Newcastle fixtures recalls strange parallels with 1968 and, whilst irrationally re-inforcing the belief that we're going to do it again, the accompanying tension levels don't do anything for the old heart rate.

If we manage to do it against the Geordies, at the end of the rainbow there's the QPR fixture and the nagging fear that, against all that we've had to go through this season, Spews will somehow exact his bitter Scum revenge against us and be the spanner in the works that hands the title to the Swamp-dwellers, at the last gasp.......

Who would ever be a City fan and bring their kids and grandkids up with the same, quasi-religious devotion to this unique Club, when we always seem to have to do it the hardest way possible ??.....and yet, without that, it wouldn't quite be the same somehow.

Whomsoever advocated concentrating on one game at a time certainly knew what he was talking about. I haven't felt as nervously excited as this, for centuries.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby dick dastardley » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:48 am

Tell you what would be a fantastic boost for the team........... if the sheikh came over and dropped into the changing room and give a little pep talk before the game, and also let him see just how passionate the fans can be against the devils own!!
one other thing if we beat the scumbags next week and then go on to beat barcodes, there is no certainty the rags will beat swansea therefore a draw against qpr and games over....

Come on you blues lets do'em in proper style!!!!!
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:52 am

dick dastardley wrote:Tell you what would be a fantastic boost for the team........... if the sheikh came over and dropped into the changing room and give a little pep talk before the game, and also let him see just how passionate the fans can be against the devils own!!
one other thing if we beat the scumbags next week and then go on to beat barcodes, there is no certainty the rags will beat swansea therefore a draw against qpr and games over....

Come on you blues lets do'em in proper style!!!!!

good luck to the sheikh getting a ticket, like gold dust they are... have you seen the prices they're going for????
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:59 am

The atmosphere is going to be insane, I'm sure a lot fans are going to be nervous but even with croaky voices this has got to be the match that brings City 'home' to the Etihad. Hamburg eat your heart out. 46,000 City fans will have the rags cornered and fighting for their lives, if there was ever a 12th man this is the moment. 30 plus years of stomaching shit from this lot all to be released in 90mins of mayhem, That is a about 200,000 minutes for every minute of this game.

I'm not sure that any of the rag footballers have experienced that kind of intensity from any fans anywhere.

We have the players and the style to take them apart, we know that. The team have to play it cool and go about their business. Unlock that first goal and the whole season is thrown over with the ball into their court. I'm not convinced at all that they would handle that.
If we can crack them open and then keep it cool, keep the ball and wait to pounce, they will crack and fall apart. Instead of 11 players they will have 9 and two outright liabilities the others will have to shepherd. J Evans, we are looking at you!
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Dazzacity » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:41 pm

Iv got a feeling the atmosphere alone will get me welling up.
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:50 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:If we win by another mental scoreline THE DRUNKEN TRAMP may actually just keel over...at last.

Carl as good as that would be, how much would you enjoy a 96 minute Tevez (dubious) penalty to win the game ;)
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby King Kev » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:19 pm

If you haven't got a ticket for the match, this might be a good place to watch it!

King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby gillie » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:23 pm

King Kev wrote:If you haven't got a ticket for the match, this might be a good place to watch it!

Fuckin quality PMSL.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:26 pm

King Kev wrote:If you haven't got a ticket for the match, this might be a good place to watch it!

be better if that wasn't photoshopped.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Mingchester Mingy » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:20 pm

bigblue wrote:I see us winning 3-0, with tevez scoring and mario getting a late cameo goal. Plus a rag red card for a frustration foul late in the game

Mario wont get on the pitch in that game. He cannot be trusted and Mancini wouldnt jeopardize a 2-0 lead so that Mario can get mad over a free kick and end up punching someone, earning a red. I see a 2-1 or 2-0 win for us.
Mingchester Mingy
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Chopper » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:25 pm

I just hope that Tevez doesnt lose his car keys again.

Chopper
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Dolemite

Postby chips » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:19 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
good luck to the sheikh getting a ticket, like gold dust they are... have you seen the prices they're going for????

Good thing he can afford gold dust then!
chips
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:24 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:If we win by another mental scoreline THE DRUNKEN TRAMP may actually just keel over...at last.

as much as I want the cunt dead Carl he cant be doing it until the summer...it would overshadow the title win if he croaked too soon, and City would get the blame for it somehow
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby gillie » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:30 pm

Bianchi on Ice wrote:

as much as I want the cunt dead Carl he cant be doing it until the summer...it would overshadow the title win if he croaked too soon, and City would get the blame for it somehow

If the piss soaked drunken old tramp pegs it after the game the premier league would declare the season null and void imo just to stop us winning it.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:34 pm

No Youtube? I'm disappointed.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby PeterParker » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:46 pm

Is the team line-up in yet?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Patrick » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:00 am

That's a keeper! I might put that on fbook!
Standing in the Naughty Corner since 1961
Patrick
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Citeh
My favourite player is: Joe Hart

Postby feedthegreek » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:09 pm

apparantly taggart is taking the scum lot to cardiff today for a few days to play golf and team bonding it worked a treat before the blackburn game, where they all had a jolly good time at st andrews, he was quoted as saying i thought some of the lads were feeling a little nervous so it helped ease the nerves. im thinking if they were nervous about blackburn they must be shitting it big time now.
oh btw cardiff are allowing them to use their training facilities whilst in wales, vale of glamorgan actually.
feedthegreek
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Green & Blue » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:51 pm

Fans left funing as Howard Webb dropped for the derby.

Alex Ferguson has controversially dropped talismanic referee Howard Webb from Man Utd’s starting 12 for the crucial Premier League clash with Man City, and will instead hand a start to Andre Marriner.
Early reports indicated that crowd favourite Webb would line up for the league leaders, but news has now surfaced that Ferguson is to take a gamble on Marriner.
Marriner, who has only made 3 starts for Man Utd this season, is a surprise selection by Ferguson, given Webb’s ability to pull highly contentious decisions out of the bag in big matches.
“Webby has put in some great performances for us in the past, but I feel the expectation levels of supporters could be too much for him on this occasion,” revealed Ferguson.
“I might put him on the bench as an impact referee in case we need one of their players sending off or a penalty deep into stoppage time.”
Manchester Derby
The news of Marriner’s inclusion has left United fans miffed given Ferguson’s criticism of his performance in a 2-0 defeat to Liverpool in 2009.
“It doesn’t make any sense not to include Webbo,” said avid fan John Henderson, who has lived in Plymouth all his life and whose only connection with Manchester is that he once voted for Bez when he was on Celebrity Big Brother.
“In games like this you want your best performers on the pitch, and Webbsio pulling the strings is as good as going into the game with a two-nil lead.”
“I hope that Ferguson has seen something in Marriner in training that suggests he can rise to the occasion.”
“If City have still got eleven men on the pitch at half-time then I’ll be singing Webbsyio’s name.”
“I’ll be singing it at the TV, but rest assured that the wife will be left in no doubt about how angry I am.”
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Esky » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:32 pm

Is there a plan to do the Poznan with the scum team gets read out? And are they dimming the lights for the Blue Moon? Hope to see both of those on the tv.
Esky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Blue Ship

PreviousNext

Return to Match Day Threads