*****Official Derby of all Time match thread*****

Follow the match live and post your in game comments on the official match day threads.

Re: *****Official Derby of all Time match thread*****

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:27 pm

Would Roberto go all out and play Aguerro, Tevez and Balotelli?

I honestly feel if we can contain Valencia (easier said than done) We can contain United. He's by far and away their biggest threat and always seems to have good games against us.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Risby » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:56 pm

Not sure I want Balotelli starting. I would prefer Tevez and Aguero to start with Silva pulling the strings.
We just have to be in their faces and go for the jugular. Every time they have struggled this season is when teams have a go at them. I just hope bobby sends them out to go for it and not sit back.
Risby
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Zaba

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:57 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:Would Roberto go all out and play Aguerro, Tevez and Balotelli?

I honestly feel if we can contain Valencia (easier said than done) We can contain United. He's by far and away their biggest threat and always seems to have good games against us.

Tbf we didn't even try to stop him last time; we just put Kolarov there.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:06 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Bridge'srightfoot wrote:Would Roberto go all out and play Aguerro, Tevez and Balotelli?

Tbf we didn't even try to stop him last time; we just put Kolarov there.

Exactly. How many times over the last few years have we seen it. A United midfielder gets the ball and everyone can see either Valencia or Giggs standing on the wing, not a City player within the same postcode and we all know what's gonna happen. Gets the ball, crosses it- goal. We really need one of midfielders to help Clichy double up on him. Barry is well suited to this. Nani aswell can be very dangerous though.
Bridge'srightfoot

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:10 pm

well, in perhaps the most dubious of posts in my humble mcf.net career i pretty much agree with you on both counts.

Yes to Balo.
Shackle Valencia.

i believe that the rags will play for a draw with a 5 man midfield, and i think the counterbalance to that is Agueo and Balo up front and Tevez in the hold behind them. If we play this conservatively and play Barry and NDJ i think we've made a tactical error which will play into their hands to gum it up, kick us when they need to and hope to nick the odd goal on the counter or from a set piece, which they easily can do.

if we play an attacking team that is clearly set out to ravage them, i think they've got zero chance of winning this match.

One could argue Nasri in midifield instead of Balo, and with Tevez alongside Kun, but i really think that Tevez thwarting their midfield with his tactics and pushing forward can be the difference maker. His service to Kun and Balo will net goals.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby john68 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:57 pm

Doomie, I love you but you scare me. NOOOOOOOOO!!!...no nono no no no...NO!!!!!!

Ballo is not the man for Monday. Our recent success has been built on our Gaucho Guerrillas...Aguero and Tevez. To spoil that would be suicidal. Leave well alone...it ain't broke. Ballo is not the man for the tight situations, those little one twos and jinky little runs that nip in and out of the tiny gaps. That is not Ballo's forte but it is for Aguero and Tevez, backed by Silva. Even Nasri is better suited to that type of battlefield.

BRF,
I know you have a massive respect for all things rag, you have made that very plain over the months but you can have too much respect for an opponent, to the detriment of yourself.
Whatever Valencia can and can't do, we have the quality players that have to do what City do. Ifwe do that and we do it well, we assert our authority onto the game. They then have to contain us.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Mingchester Mingy » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:05 pm

john68 wrote:Doomie, I love you but you scare me. NOOOOOOOOO!!!...no nono no no no...NO!!!!!!

Ballo is not the man for Monday. Our recent success has been built on our Gaucho Guerrillas...Aguero and Tevez. To spoil that would be suicidal. Leave well alone...it ain't broke. Ballo is not the man for the tight situations, those little one twos and jinky little runs that nip in and out of the tiny gaps. That is not Ballo's forte but it is for Aguero and Tevez, backed by Silva. Even Nasri is better suited to that type of battlefield.

BRF,
I know you have a massive respect for all things rag, you have made that very plain over the months but you can have too much respect for an opponent, to the detriment of yourself.
Whatever Valencia can and can't do, we have the quality players that have to do what City do. Ifwe do that and we do it well, we assert our authority onto the game. They then have to contain us.

I agree 100% . You put Balo in and good lord knows what he will do. We dont need that attitude ruining what has been some of the best football I have seen City play over the last few weeks with the Argentines and Silva up top. Soooo freaking excited about this game....
Mingchester Mingy
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:09 pm

Playing Mario would be an unbelievable gamble.It might comne off it might not but would Mancini really take that risk?
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:12 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Playing Mario would be an unbelievable gamble.It might comne off it might not but would Mancini really take that risk?

He better not mate !
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby john68 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:13 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Playing Mario would be an unbelievable gamble.It might comne off it might not but would Mancini really take that risk?

I think Mancini understands that if he wants success out of Mario, he has to take him from the pressure cooker and get him in a quiet room. He needs to work on Mario's head, his feet are good enough.

Great steering wheel but no driver,
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:54 pm

john68 wrote:Doomie, I love you but you scare me. NOOOOOOOOO!!!...no nono no no no...NO!!!!!!

BRF,

That's stupid. We all know how well we can play but we need to stifle their best players. I've simply said we need a plan for stopping Valencia as he is by far and away their most dangerous player and has hurt us in the past. Stop looking for a petty dig.
Bridge'srightfoot

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:56 pm

He did score two at OT didn't he, and played a cracker in both Wembley games last year.
Confident he'll rise to the occasion.
Bridge'srightfoot

Postby Tourebros » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:01 pm

Luke11993 wrote:I can seriously see the stage is set for tevez to score the winner, personally I think we will win 2-1 with tevez gettin the winner last minute, and going over to fergie and doing something, then Mancini telling the press rags are favourites still and there te best but deep down knowing we're in with an awesome chance then! This is what I'm hoping anyway!

I think it will go 1-0 city then 1-1 at the end 3-2 with Tevez winning it
Tourebros
Carlo Nash's Debut

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby john68 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:02 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:

BRF,

That's stupid. We all know how well we can play but we need to stifle their best players. I've simply said we need a plan for stopping Valencia as he is by far and away their most dangerous player and has hurt us in the past. Stop looking for a petty dig.

and what would yourplane be.
john68

Postby Tourebros » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:02 pm

bigblue wrote:
You're right, now we'll win 4-0

If we score a crazy scoreline 4-0. I'll eat my underpants
Tourebros
Carlo Nash's Debut

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby john68 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:05 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:

He did score two at OT didn't he, and played a cracker in both Wembley games last year.
Confident he'll rise to the occasion.

The difference this game to those others is that we have to win. They only have to draw.
Tactically,that could make it a whole different ball game. Taggart has already alluded to that.
Why would you wish to change what has been a winning formula over the last few weeks?
john68

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:14 pm

john68 wrote:
Bridge'srightfoot wrote:

BRF,

and what would yourplane be.

To double up on him. Don't give him space to pick out a cross because his delivery is normally good. As soon as he gets the ball I'd like to see Barry close him down straight away and hurry him. We do not want to leave Clichy exposed one on one.

Whenever United beat us, it's nearly always due to their wingers.
Bridge'srightfoot

Postby Mingchester Mingy » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:16 pm

Bob wont start Balo, I bet all the money I have he wont do that...in fact, Im certain he wont put him in period. The kid has a shiite brain and spoiled arrogant on field attitude....and who knows what he would do in the 70th minute when Rooney is in his hear about for who knows what....kick him probably and see a red. Than Mancini loses his job for jeopardizing the Championship by putting Balo out there in the first place. Im sure to some people he is your favorite player and you see that he has insane talent...but please stop saying he should start over Silva, Tevez, or Kun.....you expose yourself in ignoring the fact that Balo is a loose cannon. Great skills, no head. Period.
Mingchester Mingy
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby john68 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:42 pm

But isn't that City's normal expected modus operandi, to defend upf ield, close down quickly and deny space? Whether it always happens is another matter but that has been the strategy all season. Even though it has not always succeeded, it has succeeded enough to put us still with a chance of finishing top.

It is easy to say. you mark him and you double up on him and you don't go forward in case he does this...You end up with players all over the place, your game plan fucked and you are playing to their game plan.

It ids part of our basic strategy to attack through the middle and use Micah and Clichy out wide in attack. I know you have missed this because you have been screaming for width all season. Micah, (Zaba), Clicy (Kolarov|) are our wide men. It is important that they get upfield. If they do so often enough, it pushes Valencia back to cover them, negates his offence and he plays where we want him...in his own half. Asserting our strategy not his.
john68

Postby brite blu sky » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:52 pm

BRF,

I think Balotelli would not be as much of a gamble as reaction on here suggests, It would be a gamble but not that much, he has played fine v the rags before, so what has changed. Anyway it is academic cos he wont start. Why because Mancini doesn't NEED to start him, he has Tevez now instead. If Bob is hinting Mario could play it is just to wind up the rags with their prep.

As for Valencia, I'll give that he occasionally gets a reasonable cross in but ffs he is generally garbage. No need at all for special treatment. Hopefully the fat bastard wont even see the ball and will be chasing shadows all game. He is another defensive liability as well so I hope they play him.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

PreviousNext

Return to Match Day Threads