*** Scum v City - Official Match Thread ***

Follow the match live and post your in game comments on the official match day threads.

*** Scum v City - Official Match Thread ***

Postby AG7 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:46 am

It's D(erby) Day!

7 hours to team announcement ...
8 hours to kick-off ...
And I have a feeling ... just under 10 hours to party like we never have before ...

Any chance of Pellegrini pulling Aguero out of his magic hat?

Hart
Zaba - Komps - Demi - Kola
Milner - Ferdy
Nasri - Yaya - Silva
Beast

Subs: Navas, Garcia, Richards, Lescott, Clichy, Dzeko, Panti

( Navas to come on and terrorize the tired legs, Garcia to come on when are 5 up in the first half and Silva to be wrapped in wool for Arse game, and Dzeko to come on for Yaya to add his 3 to the 7 already scored )

Let's stuff `em real good tonight!
C'mmoonnnn City!
AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Agueroooooo!

Re: *** Scum v City - Official Match Thread ***

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:00 pm

I can't help but feel that now more than never we should beat them but we will end up disappointed (a draw?).
maybe its just the nerves.
[scroll]COME ON CITY!![/scroll]
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Sister of fu » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:17 pm

Feeling sick about this one. Logic would say that we have a far superior team but this is a derby and they need to save some face after a shambles of a season. I will take any sort of win. Cant watch this one as training. Come on City......
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Slim » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:23 pm

Sister of fu wrote:Feeling sick about this one. Logic would say that we have a far superior team but this is a derby and they need to save some face after a shambles of a season. I will take any sort of win. Cant watch this one as training. Come on City......

My problem is they will Trevor Sinclair us and drive us to a win while being a clear underdog.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Invisible Man Fan » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:24 pm

Sister of fu wrote:Feeling sick about this one. Logic would say that we have a far superior team but this is a derby and they need to save some face after a shambles of a season. I will take any sort of win. Cant watch this one as training. Come on City......

Most of the rags I know believe Liverpool is their Derby and they couldn't save face in that.

I'm nervous, but I always am.

Come on City!!!
"If we fire our manager after just one bad season - We'll become Chelsea"
"If we think we can fix the problem by buying expensive players - We'll become City"
"If we remember the good times to entertain us during the bad times - We'll become Liverpool"

So, keep calm and do it the United way

"We invest in young players, That is what we are good at — we’re not like other clubs who can spend fortunes on proven goods. We know that Manchester City are going to pay stupid money, pay silly salaries and all that. We can’t do anything about it. We concentrate on what we can do to try to bring players in for the right reasons. We invest in those who will be with the club for a long time, who will create the character of the club, who will create excitement for our fans. We are very proud of that and we are going to continue that way" - Alex Ferguson 14th May 2012
Invisible Man Fan
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: City!!
My favourite player is: Alan

Postby Chinners » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:28 pm

I'm nervous as hell but strangely in an almost enjoyable way, its going to be tight, its going to be scary (at times) but its going to be a great day tomorrow ... oh pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease let it be a great day tomorrow!!
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:37 pm

Chinners wrote:I'm nervous as hell but strangely in an almost enjoyable way, its going to be tight, its going to be scary (at times) but its going to be a great day tomorrow ... oh pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease let it be a great day tomorrow!!

Rags will be looking through fingers, early goal they will fold. Just hope we show up and do what we need to do. Play it right and we will have a very nice evening.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Slim » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:40 pm

I have just listened to Physical Graffiti from start to finish, would take something incredible to shake me from this calm.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:45 pm

I'm feeling savage.

We will embarrass them...yet again.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:18 pm

Really... they have not cancelled training tonight or changed the time, cant you feign an injury :-)
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby phips » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:22 pm

Evra and Vidic are out right?
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:37 pm

I've got a bad feeling about tonight. Just had a dodgy tuna sandwich and I'm worried it might repeat on me.

[scroll]COME ON YOU BLUES[/scroll]
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:39 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:I've got a bad feeling about tonight. Just had a dodgy tuna sandwich and I'm worried it might repeat on me.

Tuna is cat food. Dirty bastard.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Dameerto » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:45 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:I've got a bad feeling about tonight. Just had a dodgy tuna sandwich and I'm worried it might repeat on me.

Tuna is cat food. Dirty bastard.

he'll be fine, it's just a red herring.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Twobob » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:48 pm

Sorry didnt catch that ...
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby john@staustell » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:12 pm

After all those years of slagging us off on Soccer Saturday before his fall from grace, Rodders is on the bandwagon!:

Rodney Marsh claims not a single player from Manchester United would get into Manchester City’s team.

The two rivals meet at Old Trafford on Tuesday night and Marsh claims former club City are well set to do the double over David Moyes, following their 4-1 victory earlier in the season.

“I wouldn’t pick one player from the Manchester United team and put it in Manchester City’s,” he told the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast show. “Wayne Rooney is their best player. In my Man City line-up I would have Yaya Toure just behind Sergio Aguero, in the same position Rooney plays with Robin Van Persie. I would have Yaya over Rooney every day of the week.

“In fact Yaya Toure, who sometimes even plays a little deeper, has scored more goals than Rooney this season,” he added. “I don’t see one Man United player who would get in the Man City line-up. A lot of people would say David De Gea but I would pick Joe Hart over him as well.”
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:19 pm

john@staustell wrote:After all those years of slagging us off on Soccer Saturday before his fall from grace, Rodders is on the bandwagon!:

Rodney Marsh claims not a single player from Manchester United would get into Manchester City’s team.

The two rivals meet at Old Trafford on Tuesday night and Marsh claims former club City are well set to do the double over David Moyes, following their 4-1 victory earlier in the season.

“I wouldn’t pick one player from the Manchester United team and put it in Manchester City’s,” he told the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast show. “Wayne Rooney is their best player. In my Man City line-up I would have Yaya Toure just behind Sergio Aguero, in the same position Rooney plays with Robin Van Persie. I would have Yaya over Rooney every day of the week.

“In fact Yaya Toure, who sometimes even plays a little deeper, has scored more goals than Rooney this season,” he added. “I don’t see one Man United player who would get in the Man City line-up. A lot of people would say David De Gea but I would pick Joe Hart over him as well.”

He's got a PhD in wumming, has Rodney.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Goaters 103 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:39 pm

Don't need any talk from our players, we need actions on the field. The run-in remains in our hands if we put the performances in.

The squads good enough, the players are talented enough, so its time for them to man up, show up and put on a performance that we need.

No excuses, nothing but a win will do. Come on City, over to you.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Dameerto » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:44 pm

VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby AG7 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:46 pm

Alright people ... last derby (at Etihad) I entered a competition on livesport's app to predict result, correct score, first scorer and time of first goal and I had predicted City win, 3-1, Aguero first scorer and goal coming in 11th minute ... but when I finally submitted the final entry it showed me was 4-1 and first goal in 16th minute ... I had thought I probably clicked wrongly or typo or something and that's exactly what happened ... and I even won £50 for predicting all the right answers ...

Today I have just gone and predicted a City win with a scoreline of 0-7 and Yaya to score guess goal in 21st minute ... and lo and behold when final submission confirmation came, it's again different to what I entered ... it says that I have predicted us to win 0-8, Yaya first goal but in 9th minute ...

Here's hoping it all comes true (exactly like last time) ...
AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Agueroooooo!

Next

Return to Match Day Threads