*** Scum v City - Official Match Thread ***

Follow the match live and post your in game comments on the official match day threads.

Re: *** Scum v City - Official Match Thread ***

Postby Dunnylad » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:00 am

The best bit is that it is becoming less and less our most important match of the season as they are so p!55 poor - long may it remain so
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby gmercer1 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:30 am

I have the displeasure of working with 2 rags. One of them is a good lad and admits they are now shite. Rag number 2 on the other hand has come out with these belters so far:

"We played some really good stuff"
"Fellani's elbow was never a yellow""
"Fellani is starting to play well now"
"Kompany should have been sent off for going through the back of Hernandez".

I kid you not, these words came from his mouth.

PS. I am in love with David Moyes!!! (These are my words not his)
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:33 am

gmercer1 wrote:I have the displeasure of working with 2 rags. One of them is a good lad and admits they are now shite. Rag number 2 on the other hand has come out with these belters so far: "We played some really good stuff" "Fellani's elbow was never a yellow"" "Fellani is starting to play well now" "Kompany should have been sent off for going through the back of Hernandez". I kid you not, these words came from his mouth. PS. I am in love with David Moyes!!! (These are my words not his)

Similar spectrum at work for me:

Realistic - I would have been happy at 2-0
Unrealistic: we played really well till the second goal.
Hutch's Shoulder

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Sister of fu » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:38 am

Taken from redcafe in regard to Silva.....im guessing this person doesn't watch or know a lot about football. Anderson and Silva in the same sentence, do me a favour.

I'd take Wilshere over Silva

I'd probably take Modric too. Both of them are more well-rounded and useful at both ends of the pitch.

Silva's brilliant in the final third but doesn't do any of the dirty work in the centre of the park.

I actually think Anderson's performance at the weekend is a good example of the type of all-round central midfield display that you won't ever get from Silva and that you need if you're going to play with two strikers and two wingers, the way we like to line up.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby gmercer1 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:39 am

Sister of fu wrote:Taken from redcafe in regard to Silva.....im guessing this person doesn't watch or know a lot about football. Anderson and Silva in the same sentence, do me a favour.

I'd probably take Modric too. Both of them are more well-rounded and useful at both ends of the pitch.

Silva's brilliant in the final third but doesn't do any of the dirty work in the centre of the park.

I actually think Anderson's performance at the weekend is a good example of the type of all-round central midfield display that you won't ever get from Silva and that you need if you're going to play with two strikers and two wingers, the way we like to line up.

Written by a Mr D Moyes.
gmercer1

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Sister of fu » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:40 am

And another one....hahahahahahahahahah. Is that Silva that has won everything in the game bar a European Cup.

Typical overreaction. Nani's been performing at a high level for longer than Silva. The only players who are a 'mile' ahead of Nani are the likes of Ronaldo and Messi. Not David Silva.
Sister of fu

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby TheBlueCatsWhiskers » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:13 pm

Sister of fu wrote:And another one....hahahahahahahahahah. Is that Silva that has won everything in the game bar a European Cup. Typical overreaction. Nani's been performing at a high level for longer than Silva. The only players who are a 'mile' ahead of Nani are the likes of Ronaldo and Messi. Not David Silva.

I must start reading the rag stuff. Really cheers me up that they can be so diluded.
TheBlueCatsWhiskers
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby RodneyRodney » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:26 pm

I'm honestly disappointed at 3-0 ; if ONLY we could have stuck a couple more in during the first 20 , a bit more ruthlessness - we could have gone better than a couple of years go - who knows ? If ONLY . . .. .
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:29 pm

Sister of fu wrote:Taken from redcafe in regard to Silva.....im guessing this person doesn't watch or know a lot about football. Anderson and Silva in the same sentence, do me a favour. I'd take Wilshere over Silva I'd probably take Modric too. Both of them are more well-rounded and useful at both ends of the pitch. Silva's brilliant in the final third but doesn't do any of the dirty work in the centre of the park. I actually think Anderson's performance at the weekend is a good example of the type of all-round central midfield display that you won't ever get from Silva and that you need if you're going to play with two strikers and two wingers, the way we like to line up.

Too much rubbish there too argue with, but where were the two wingers last night? They looked far too narrow
Hutch's Shoulder

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Duckman » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:37 pm

is it possible that scum players targeted Zaba and tried to injure him because we had no RB on the bench?

was that part of their game plan?
private dick/family man
Duckman
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Silva, Kompany, Yaya

Postby phips » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:55 pm

Duckman wrote:is it possible that scum players targeted Zaba and tried to injure him because we had no RB on the bench?

was that part of their game plan?

couldve used Milner...but i see your point
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Blue Since 76 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:06 pm

Sister of fu wrote:Taken from redcafe in regard to Silva.....im guessing this person doesn't watch or know a lot about football. Anderson and Silva in the same sentence, do me a favour.

Brilliant. As long as they keep signing the Andersons, the rest of the football world will be happy.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:08 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:

Brilliant. As long as they keep signing the Andersons, the rest of the football world will be happy.

It could get better, Bebe wants to come back

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... ng-on-loan
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby john@staustell » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:09 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:

That about Silva one of the craziest comments I've ever seen. Mind you these fools are fed by the pundits. Remember not lon ago Soccer Saturday were debating who was better - reserve Mata or Spain first-choice Silva. None of the fools have actually watched Silva.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:13 pm

john@staustell wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:

That about Silva one of the craziest comments I've ever seen. Mind you these fools are fed by the pundits. Remember not lon ago Soccer Saturday were debating who was better - reserve Mata or Spain first-choice Silva. None of the fools have actually watched Silva.

I remember Parry, Durham & the usual fucking clowns on Talkshite all going on about how we had wasted money on 'unknowns' like Yaya Toure & David Silva, when we could have signed people like Joe Cole.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby TheBlueCatsWhiskers » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:14 pm

So pleased that the rags are turning on their manager and bacon face too. Makes a real mockery of their previous claims that they promote longevity and structure and planning.

If course we know that to be a lie as evidenced by their panic buying of Fellaini and Mata (1 crap the other average).

Their next panic will be to bin the chosen one. How embarrassed must they be to be seen by the world like this....?
TheBlueCatsWhiskers
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby john@staustell » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:32 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:

I remember Parry, Durham & the usual fucking clowns on Talkshite all going on about how we had wasted money on 'unknowns' like Yaya Toure & David Silva, when we could have signed people like Joe Cole.

Me too. Priceless. EDIT - that said I'll probably try and catch Durham on the way home later. Bound to be a hatchet job on Moyes.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:40 pm

john@staustell wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:

Me too. Priceless. EDIT - that said I'll probably try and catch Durham on the way home later. Bound to be a hatchet job on Moyes.

I've barely listened to more than 5 mins of that station since we won the league, but actually today might not be a bad day to tune in.

I'm trying to remember some of the names people like Parry & Durham were coming up with as players we should have signed rather than Silva: "I've never heard of him, have you heard of him ?" "I'm sure he's ok but he's not what you would call a 'top' player is he ?"

Joe Cole was one held up as a bargain we could have had, but there were other similarly comedic suggestions.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby AG7 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:50 pm

Brilliant result for us last night ... brilliant game ... well played everyone, the best was how quickly we attacked them from the start and that paid off ... they were never threatening enough and we always seemed like whenever required can go a gear or two higher even ... and that'd take care of it.

Pissed off about the ref, first not giving Wellbeck a red, then Fellaini a red, then Rooney a yellow ... so at half time with just 0-1 up and ref totally giving them everything (or rather not giving them what they needed given) was a little worried that the ref might decide this game ... but then the second half started just like the first and the second goal calmed down everything ...

In the end 0-3 was NOT a fair reflection of how the whole game went (at least that's how I see it) ... we should have had that 0-3 lead in the first 10-15 minutes ... and then they should have been down to 9 men by half time ... yup, could have been 10, should have been 10 by the final whistle ...

But in the end whether it was 0-10 or 0-3 or hell even if it had stayed at 0-1 ... it all accounts for 3 points ... so 3 in the bag and now next game is more important in the greater scheme of things ...

For here on three more difficult away games left and I'd rather we win from Arsenal and Liverpool, then (if we have to) drop points at Everton ... we'd still win the league, and if Everton also beat Arsenal in ten days time ... then Martinez will finish 4th and Arsenal 5th ... now THAT will be an awesome finish ... and in there if Chelsea drops more points and end up 3rd and Liverpool pimp them to 2nd (won't mind that much) ... that'll just round up a great fucking season ... oh, and of course Uwe to win their FA Cup semi over Wenger as well ;)
AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Agueroooooo!

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:00 pm

Just switched on Talkshite & Hawksbee was talking to someone from the Liverpool media, said City fans were commenting that last night's game was a good win, but the real derby is with Liverpool..

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to Match Day Threads