*** Arsenal v City - Official Match Thread ***

Follow the match live and post your in game comments on the official match day threads.

Re: *** Arsenal v City - Official Match Thread ***

Postby Saul Goodman » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:43 pm

The lack of form of Negredo paired with Aguero's injury really hurt today as Dzeko was hugely ineffective and Pellegrini hesitated to bring in Negredo until very late
User avatar
Saul Goodman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp
 
Posts: 3262
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 5:18 am
Location: Toronto
Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: *** Arsenal v City - Official Match Thread ***

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:47 pm

Very frustrating today as we had an early and were playing well in the first and I thought we're going to run away with it. Unfortunately we didn't capitalise on that early lead and the bad form of Arsenal in the 1st half. Everything changed in the 2nd half and they came out fighting and I must say they deserved to get something from this match. Pellers didn't have his best day and his substitutions were mostly wrong foe me. Milner should have cone for Nasri who was having an off day and not for Navas who was creating problems for Arsenal. And what was the point of Negredo replacing Dzeko in the last 10 minutes ?? I would have preferred to see Jovetic come on as a 2nd striker. Maybe a gamble, but it could have paid off as already we had 3 holding midfielders on. It's not like we would have been exposed.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles
 
Posts: 2154
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:15 am
Location: Sydney, Down Under
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Yaya

Re: *** Arsenal v City - Official Match Thread ***

Postby Nige » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:48 pm

Does yaya think he's done enough? Missing for about 40 mins of the second half.
User avatar
Nige
Superman's Underpants
 
Posts: 676
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:14 pm
Location: Failsworth
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Fern 1

Re: *** Arsenal v City - Official Match Thread ***

Postby blues2win » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:52 pm

We'll have Sergio back for the dipper games. It could make all the difference. Just about to sink my teeth into a rump steak plus something to wash it down. Cheers lads!
blues2win
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets
 
Posts: 5307
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:03 am
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Re: *** Arsenal v City - Official Match Thread ***

Postby Tony P » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:08 pm

Better than losing but very disappointing second half. Still in our hands though thanks to Big JT.
Tony P
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles
 
Posts: 2205
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:17 pm
Location: Czech Republic

Re: *** Arsenal v City - Official Match Thread ***

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:10 pm

budfox wrote:Don't know what to think about that really. Away to the dippers is now a game we can't afford to lose.


We don't that until we get to that game. One game at a time.
User avatar
Hutch's Shoulder
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles
 
Posts: 2665
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:55 am
Location: Wild country near Glossop
Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: Eliaquim Mangala

Re: *** Arsenal v City - Official Match Thread ***

Postby Nick » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:13 pm

standard performance at the emirates (as with stamford bridge) that we put it most years - didn't want to win enough for me.

Silva had to play most of the game by himself. Yaya was bobbins, as was nasri.


it was crying out for jovetic and he brought garcia on, confirming he was happy with a point.

very dangerous given our remaining games..
Nick
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets
 
Posts: 5916
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:50 pm
Location: MANCHESTER

Re: *** Arsenal v City - Official Match Thread ***

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:14 pm

budfox wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
phips wrote: Liverpool would be favourites now.


No, we're still 8/11 at Betfair with the dippers 12/5


I said 'would be' not 'are'.

We are favourites.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain
 
Posts: 28561
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:28 pm
Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Re: *** Arsenal v City - Official Match Thread ***

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:17 pm

Nick wrote:standard performance at the emirates (as with stamford bridge) that we put it most years - didn't want to win enough for me.

Silva had to play most of the game by himself. Yaya was bobbins, as was nasri.


it was crying out for jovetic and he brought garcia on, confirming he was happy with a point.

very dangerous given our remaining games..


Yaya was a waste of space all game. We needed protection. We were more likely to lose than win, the way some were playing.

Bringing on Garcia earlier might have been a better option.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain
 
Posts: 28561
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:28 pm
Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Re: *** Arsenal v City - Official Match Thread ***

Postby Trueblue » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:25 pm

Agreed it was a hard earned point on their patch but, for me I think we missed a golden opportunity to nail ALL 3 tonight.

When you consider we were on a roll after battering the rags midweek and with the Arse seriously down on numbers due to injuries
I felt we could and should of closed the game out in the first half as they were shitting themselves.

The big worry for me is that any team that raises the tempo against us...... and its as if we can't cope. You just know exactly how
Rodgers is going to set up his team against us.....simples, and add to the mix Suarez collapsing in and around the box at the slightest
hint of a touch / contact and it will be a nightmare to get anything from that game.

And while we are on that subject, tomorrow..... as they climb to the top which seems on the cards, it will become unbearable
as the media go into overkill about 'the peoples champions'.
Trueblue
Bianchi's Matchday Snood
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:46 pm
Supporter of: Mcfc
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: *** Arsenal v City - Official Match Thread ***

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:31 pm

Good first half. Not so good second but I said on Monday id be happy with 4 points from Arse and Scum away. Still in our hands. The Chelsea result was a nice bonus today as well! On to Southampton! COME ON CITY!!!
Somebody ate my grapes...
User avatar
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle
 
Posts: 1400
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:40 pm
Location: New York, New York
Supporter of: City

Re: *** Arsenal v City - Official Match Thread ***

Postby Benjay » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:35 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Yaya was a waste of space all game. We needed protection. We were more likely to lose than win, the way some were playing.

Bringing on Garcia earlier might have been a better option.


So was Nasri. Looked like he didnt want to get involved. That Liverpool game is going to be massive. Am hoping they bottle it tomorrow but its still in our hands.
Benjay
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:59 pm
Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: Milner

Re: *** Arsenal v City - Official Match Thread ***

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:43 pm

Benjay wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Yaya was a waste of space all game. We needed protection. We were more likely to lose than win, the way some were playing.

Bringing on Garcia earlier might have been a better option.


So was Nasri. Looked like he didnt want to get involved. That Liverpool game is going to be massive. Am hoping they bottle it tomorrow but its still in our hands.


Nasri worked hard. He hasn't hit form again since he was kicked out of action but he keeps putting in a shift. Yaya was fucked & really struggling, not just running but also with his touch. He struggles playing several games close together imo.

Zabba may be struggling because of too many games also. But whatever the reason, Sagna was on another level entirely today. Totally outclassed Zabba.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain
 
Posts: 28561
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:28 pm
Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Re: *** Arsenal v City - Official Match Thread ***

Postby City64 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:44 pm

Pity the Arse saved there best against us in the second half this evening but hey ho 4 points from back to back away games at the Swamp and the Emirates in the run in is most certainly NOT to be sniffed at ! We are still in the driving seat , our goal difference is effectively worth another point and don't the dippers and Chelski play each other soon ?
User avatar
City64
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser
 
Posts: 4919
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:02 pm
Location: Shevington, Etihad , In a bar watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: *** Arsenal v City - Official Match Thread ***

Postby sheblue » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:49 pm

In the second half we looked like we played the derby last night.
To win the league We need Sergio back and back in form.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets
 
Posts: 5006
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:28 pm
Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Re: *** Arsenal v City - Official Match Thread ***

Postby phips » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:50 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
budfox wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
phips wrote: Liverpool would be favourites now.


No, we're still 8/11 at Betfair with the dippers 12/5

I said 'would be' not 'are'.
We are favourites.

the way he quoted it, apparently i said it
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP102NS
phips
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7428
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:04 pm
Location: California
Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Re: *** Arsenal v City - Official Match Thread ***

Postby nottsblue » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:03 pm

A point at title rivals is never a bad thing. Yes we could've, and possibly on the first half showing, should've won the game. But, you know, football is a funny old game and has a habit of throwing spanners where they are not expected. Chelseas result today is a prime case in point.

The title is still in our hands which can only be to our advantage. Should be miss out on Prem it will not be because we got a point here. It will be because of the early season away shockers. We've still only lost once in Prem since Sunderland away. We are the team in form and the best equipped to go the distance.

Spuds might just surprise a few people at dippers tomorrow. Adebayor and Erikson in particular will cause dippers problems at back.
Big game next week. Saints are playing well and we will need to up our game in midfield to get a result. We can do it. Keep the faith
nottsblue
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal
 
Posts: 11365
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: *** Arsenal v City - Official Match Thread ***

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:24 pm

nottsblue wrote:A point at title rivals is never a bad thing. Yes we could've, and possibly on the first half showing, should've won the game. But, you know, football is a funny old game and has a habit of throwing spanners where they are not expected. Chelseas result today is a prime case in point. The title is still in our hands which can only be to our advantage. Should be miss out on Prem it will not be because we got a point here. It will be because of the early season away shockers. We've still only lost once in Prem since Sunderland away. We are the team in form and the best equipped to go the distance. Spuds might just surprise a few people at dippers tomorrow. Adebayor and Erikson in particular will cause dippers problems at back. Big game next week. Saints are playing well and we will need to up our game in midfield to get a result. We can do it. Keep the faith

Like
South Stand Balti
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp
 
Posts: 3077
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:25 pm
Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Re: *** Arsenal v City - Official Match Thread ***

Postby dikdok » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:26 am

Sorry guys but I can't honestly see soft centred Spurs doing anything at Anfield....
dikdok
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:54 am
Supporter of: Man City FC

Re: *** Arsenal v City - Official Match Thread ***

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:36 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Nasri worked hard. He hasn't hit form again since he was kicked out of action but he keeps putting in a shift. Yaya was fucked & really struggling, not just running but also with his touch. He struggles playing several games close together imo.

Zabba may be struggling because of too many games also. But whatever the reason, Sagna was on another level entirely today. Totally outclassed Zabba.


Perhaps he had something to prove contractually?

Cheers
User avatar
DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie
 
Posts: 22338
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:46 pm
Location: Orlando, FL
Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

PreviousNext

Return to Match Day Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest