***Official Match Thread - City v Southampton***

Follow the match live and post your in game comments on the official match day threads.

Re: ***Official Match Thread - City v Southampton***

Postby Original Dub » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:53 pm

BT reporter really pushing for the whole "that offside ruined the game" angle.
Original Dub

Postby Green & Blue » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:56 pm

That's a great result.Southampton are a really good side at present.Hopefully that puts a bit of pressure on Brendan and Maureens lads.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby stevefromdonny » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:56 pm

well we got 3 pts, PLAY LIKE THAT AGAINST POOL AND THAT WILL BE IT
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby Tru_Blu » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:59 pm

good game hope Fernandinho isn't injured
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare."

Piers Morgan

Tru_Blu
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: oat-Rivaldo cur-KDB

Postby blues2win » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:01 pm

For me the key moment was putting on Garcia. Yaya is immediately freed up and we look a better side all round. Jovetic really should play a part against Liverpool. He looked good in the brief time he was on the pitch. The key thing against Liverpool is to really monster Gerrard. Give him absolutely no time on the ball. Also watch the tackles against Suarez who'll be falling into the penalty given half a chance.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Joeythelips » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:21 pm

That, you bunch of hairy bastards, is a job well done.
Joeythelips
Ben Thatcher's Elbow

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: Sergio aguero

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:28 pm

stevefromdonny wrote:well we got 3 pts, PLAY LIKE THAT AGAINST POOL AND THAT WILL BE IT

We will certainly have to up our game against Liverpool. I'm happy with the three points but the scoreline did flatter us a little.
If we give Liverpool that much of the ball as we did to Southampton in the first half, they will have more of a cutting edge.
We got a decision go for us and then another goal quickly which really deflated Southampton but still, we'll need to up our game next week.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:28 pm

Well I enjoyed that game. First half Southampton were the better team between the penalty areas but looked dodgy under pressure (especially the keeper) and didn't make many clear cut chances, whereas we struggled to get the ball in the middle but could have had give. Second half mire even thanks to Garcia. I think some the usually peripheral men were good today: Garcia, Demi, Jovetic.
Hutch's Shoulder

Supporter of: City of course

Postby branny » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:22 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:We will certainly have to up our game against Liverpool. I'm happy with the three points but the scoreline did flatter us a little.
If we give Liverpool that much of the ball as we did to Southampton in the first half, they will have more of a cutting edge.
We got a decision go for us and then another goal quickly which really deflated Southampton but still, we'll need to up our game next week.

Flattered us yes and we weren't great. Could and probably should have scored eight though.
branny

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby s1ty m » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:52 pm

Just got back. Much better in the 2nd half and could have had 8. First have was poor yet we go on 3-1 up. Odd game. Silva was magnificent.
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Sister of fu » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:56 pm

We won't play like that next week. We have gears and we seem to be able to up them like today. Reminded me of the Everton game early in the season where we seemed to struggle and they were the better team but we come out in the 2nd and look comfortable. If Liverpool had of got that result today the world and his wife would have been having a joint wankfest about it.

They will just be as fearful of us as we are of them. David Silva is prob the best midfielder in the prem at the moment. They will be frightened to death of him.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:08 pm

What was quite noticable today was how we kept away from any hard tackles. In fact, I'd say we didn't even go in for any soft tackles. Silva and Dzeko made it quite obvious for me, pulling out of 50/50s, even when they seemed to have the advantage. I'm not sure if they were told or they chose to but the fact that we only got 2 yellows, none of which were for tackles, says a lot.

Looks like they are saving themselves for next week as it's probably the biggest game of the season. That could explain why we weren't forcing the issue to get the ball back of Southampton.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby budfox » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:22 pm

Good win today, no question. The Saints (my home town and a team I have a lot of time for) are by no means a poor side. In truth I had a nagging doubt about today but a win and a good boost to goal difference to boot.

Not far to go now and I think we have the firepower to take a huge leap next week. I also think Chelski will beat the dippers too.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Kev

Postby Twobob » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:41 pm

Very good win today, S'hampton played well - their passing was very accurate but did little with their possession - mostly due to our back three and Kola helped defend sometimes too...

Great how we kept going in extra time 1st half - made the most of our forward play, up until then we struggled to string passes together.

Great goals by Dzeko and Nasri too and great to see Jovetic on the score sheet too - excellent team effort for all the goals.

Did Yaya dive? (will see on MOTD) if he did he should be fined as he seemed to be trough on goal and had done the hard work getting past a few players!
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:33 pm

Nobody got anything to say about Zab's penalty? Thought he had an average game today, not up to his usual standards.

The opposition didn't make it easy for him though.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby blues2win » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:49 pm

I agree beefy. I'm not sure I'd play Micah next Sunday though. I think we need James on to help him out with Navas missing out. I''d also play Clichy as the better defensive option. I'd be tempted to play Garcia from the start allowing Yaya to push forward. That means leaving out Nasri but he Jovetic and Aguero could come on as very powerful subs if necessary.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:02 pm

blues2win wrote:I agree beefy. I'm not sure I'd play Micah next Sunday though. I think we need James on to help him out with Navas missing out. I''d also play Clichy as the better defensive option. I'd be tempted to play Garcia from the start allowing Yaya to push forward. That means leaving out Nasri but he Jovetic and Aguero could come on as very powerful subs if necessary.

I think we should play Garcia from the off as up onto him coming on in the last couple of games Yaya has been well below his normal standard.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby City64 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:57 am

Great 3 points and goal difference tally boosted ........ job done !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby clawbaggio » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:16 pm

We always knew Arsenals title challenge would drop off but this is a total rectal prolapse.

Just watching the Toffees opening them up easily. That's what we should have done first half last week when we were so well on top. If we could've got a second it would have been all over.

It's always tough for us at Goodison and they're going well at the moment.

Come on the Hammers this pm!
clawbaggio
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: aguerro

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:56 pm

This just gets funnier with every game

Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Previous