*** City v WBA - Official Match Thread ***

Follow the match live and post your in game comments on the official match day threads.

Re: *** City v WBA - Official Match Thread ***

Postby bluemoon » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:45 pm

Much better and could've easily been 5-1 by half-time. Surprised somewhat by the controlled performance in the 2nd and West Brom making it so straight forward for us. Not what I would've expected from a team fighting relegation.

Silva is going to be a huge loss for us against Palace because of the way they defend. We really could've done with some Silva magic to carve them open.
bluemoon
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:47 pm

Few points from tonights game

1 Three points in the bag. All we can now do is win our games and hope dippers slip up. In that regard it was job well done. Not the most entertaining of games, but at this stage of season it doesn't really matter

2 When Silva plays well, City play well. A huge blow tonight if he misses run in and it didn't look good. He creates most of what we do well. Much as Nasri has the talent and that he is playing much better than last season, he just isn't as good as Silva.

3 We need width and pace. Only Navas provides this. This should be addressed in the summer

4 What is wrong with the crowd. There were more empty sests than occupied seats going into injury time. If you are gonna go to games get behind the lads. Am damn sure they would appreciate it

5 MDM is actually not a bad defender!

6 Win lose or draw, remember who we are, where we came from, where we're at and most important, where we're going. Keep the faith
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby bleedBlue » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:50 pm

bluemoon wrote:Much better and could've easily been 5-1 by half-time. Surprised somewhat by the controlled performance in the 2nd and West Brom making it so straight forward for us. Not what I would've expected from a team fighting relegation.

Silva is going to be a huge loss for us against Palace because of the way they defend. We really could've done with some Silva magic to carve them open.

WTF... WE ARE STILL IN IT. ... WE NEED LFC TO LOSE ONE GAME....not that our lazy don't give a fuck players and stupid coach going to do anything. ...
bleedBlue
Ben Thatcher's Elbow

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Weiss, Nimely, Boyata, AJ

Postby CTID Hants » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:56 pm

bluemoon wrote:Much better and could've easily been 5-1 by half-time. Surprised somewhat by the controlled performance in the 2nd and West Brom making it so straight forward for us. Not what I would've expected from a team fighting relegation. Silva is going to be a huge loss for us against Palace because of the way they defend. We really could've done with some Silva magic to carve them open.

Silva will be a massive loss, that said palace are now safe, I hope they will be all partied out through relief of staying up?

The other point I'd make is that if we hadn't fucked around with that free kick, the baggies would never have scored at all and we could have destroyed them, enhancing our goal difference.

Bottom line is our season didn't end tonight?
CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby PrezIke » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:56 pm

MilnersJaw wrote:Zabbas English has got really good.

Good for him. Has shown tremendous character and desire since coming.

Unfortunate american tv does not often show interviews from non-native speaking/excellent english speakers.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby The Original Special One » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:57 pm

Tim777 wrote:
The Original Special One wrote:Never; he's a finesse player, not a leader of the line.
Dzeko for me; he works his bollocks off. So what if he misses a shedload of sitters; when it really matters he puts his head on the chopping block, and he's as tough as old boots.

I like Dzeko, a lot, he's a hard worker, almost never gets injured - tough as you say, has the passion, but Jovetic is the superior forward.
The last few games are crucial.
Jovetic, if given the chance and maintains his fitness, will want to prove his mettle, be the hero and be more likely to help get us the ultimate result, if of course Chelsea and/or Palace open up the chance for us to win.

Yeah, but Jovetic hasn't had the interaction with the other players; you can't suddenly create that from scratch
And he hasn't been tested - resilience-wise.

Stay fit and he could light up the League next season - but impact sub at the moment; maybe even more than Navas, because he's got the unpredictable in him.
The Original Special One
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby Spurge » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:00 pm

blues2win wrote:Pellegrini says Silva has played with pain in his ankle every week. Scan tomorrow.

I read an article in the sports section of the telegraph, I think it was in our title winning season which was an interview with Silva. He said then that he had problems with his ankle and suggested he had been blighted with it most of his career, but that the physical nature of the prem league was making it more difficult to manage.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby CTID Hants » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:01 pm

nottsblue wrote:Few points from tonights game 1 Three points in the bag. All we can now do is win our games and hope dippers slip up. In that regard it was job well done. Not the most entertaining of games, but at this stage of season it doesn't really matter 2 When Silva plays well, City play well. A huge blow tonight if he misses run in and it didn't look good. He creates most of what we do well. Much as Nasri has the talent and that he is playing much better than last season, he just isn't as good as Silva. 3 We need width and pace. Only Navas provides this. This should be addressed in the summer 4 What is wrong with the crowd. There were more empty sests than occupied seats going into injury time. If you are gonna go to games get behind the lads. Am damn sure they would appreciate it 5 MDM is actually not a bad defender! 6 Win lose or draw, remember who we are, where we came from, where we're at and most important, where we're going. Keep the faith

I agree with all of that, especially the last bit
CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Joeythelips » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:02 pm

Am I right in thinking we have just beaten the goalscoring record set by the busby babes ?
If so, that's all gone a bit quiet since the dippers wankfest started.
Joeythelips
Ben Thatcher's Elbow

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: Sergio aguero

Postby Spurge » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:10 pm

bluemoon wrote:Much better and could've easily been 5-1 by half-time. Surprised somewhat by the controlled performance in the 2nd and West Brom making it so straight forward for us. Not what I would've expected from a team fighting relegation.

Sounds like Yaya may well be fit for Palace. If as it appears Silva will miss the Palace game, then bring Yaya in in an advanced midfield role. He's not David silva, but he is effective in the advance role in that he is more physical an
d very direct. Garcia did a good job in sitting in font of the back four tonight, so seems a logical option to me.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Twobob » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:31 pm

Cracking win, still causing ourselves pain by stupid mistakes (what was that bloody free kick about??) and looks bad for Dave.

Atmosphere better today too, almost like the pressure was off. Nice to hear a bit of 'We're Man City we stay to the end' as the fire-alarm sounded ...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby AG7 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:32 pm

A mixed bag tonight ... not as cut throat as we'd have liked to see ... but 3 points in, which is what the bottom line objective was ...

Injuries an issue, yet again! Don't know what's going on this season ... Silva is very important for us ...

But equally important for the next four games is us making some noise, ffs manager, captain, players, (I'll come to fans later) ... make some noise, come out and say it out loud all we are away from the title is one Liverpool slip up ... make them feel some heat, put them under some fucking pressure, at least sound confident ... what's this we are nice guys, we don't talk about others shit ...

And fans ... I guess enough is being said already, wtf is this, are we playing pre-season friendlies? Fucking hell, even the likes of Newcastle and Southampton are making more noise whose seasons are over, they don't leave early, actually nowhere have I seen anyone leave so early as people leave Etihad ... the club should lock the gates and announce we'll evict away supporters first and gates for home support will only open a half hour after the final whistle ... and close the pubs and counters and all 15 mins before final whistle ...
AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Agueroooooo!

Postby The Original Special One » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:59 pm

Spurge wrote:

Sounds like Yaya may well be fit for Palace. If as it appears Silva will miss the Palace game, then bring Yaya in in an advanced midfield role. He's not David silva, but he is effective in the advance role in that he is more physical an
d very direct. Garcia did a good job in sitting in font of the back four tonight, so seems a logical option to me.

I wouldn't start Yaya; it's way too important a game for him breaking down.
Plan without him; only bring him on as a very last resort.

Remember Palace is composed of journeymen, no matter how well-disciplined they've become under Pulis.
The majority of our players are 'cream of the crop'
The Original Special One

Postby MilnersJaw » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:07 pm

The Original Special One wrote:Never; he's a finesse player, not a leader of the line.
Dzeko for me; he works his bollocks off. So what if he misses a shedload of sitters; when it really matters he puts his head on the chopping block, and he's as tough as old boots.

He's not tough. He falls over when someone farts near him. For such a big guy he's such a pushover.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silver

Postby Goaters 103 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:14 pm

We won, solidly, & cemented our spot in the top 3. Smacked of too little too late but a wins a win.

Silva's injury may be more than we can stand & tbh I cant see us winning at Palace or at Everton, but you never know.

Surely now Jovetic merits a start. The failure to beat Sunderland & way fixtures are set out means we are never in position to put any pressure on Liverpool.

Palace on sunday wont be for the faint hearted. Will be a proper man up game so lets see who fancies it. I fear if Liverpool have already beaten Chelsea that afternoon our mood will be on the floor.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby The Original Special One » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:15 pm

MilnersJaw wrote:

He's not tough. He falls over when someone farts near him. For such a big guy he's such a pushover.

Look at the video of the second QPR goal again
If they'd put a brick wall in front of him he was still crashing through it.
Every big man can be brought down easily; I'm talking toughness
The Original Special One

Postby Spurge » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:22 pm

The Original Special One wrote:
Spurge wrote:

I wouldn't start Yaya; it's way too important a game for him breaking down.
Plan without him; only bring him on as a very last resort.

Remember Palace is composed of journeymen, no matter how well-disciplined they've become under Pulis.
The majority of our players are 'cream of the crop'

If he is fit why would he necessarily breakdown?

Garcia and Ferna in the middle, Yaya offers something different to Silva but can certainly hurt teams playing the advanced role. Other than Nasri he's the most offensive midfielder available if Dave's not fit and against a physical but disciplined team like palace we might just need to bulldoze our way through rather than look for the perfect pass to unlock the door.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby The Original Special One » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:17 am

Spurge wrote:
If he is fit why would he necessarily breakdown?

Garcia and Ferna in the middle, Yaya offers something different to Silva but can certainly hurt teams playing the advanced role. Other than Nasri he's the most offensive midfielder available if Dave's not fit and against a physical but disciplined team like palace we might just need to bulldoze our way through rather than look for the perfect pass to unlock the door.

I believe Pello pushes his favourites too much; and makes them decide to return early, knowing that they don't want to let him down.
Managers and favourite players have this relationship; it can work also as - for example - a manager doesn't want to disappoint a not 100% fit player who's had his heart set on playing in a Cup Final.

You know who my favourite City player is; but I wouldn't start him against Palace
The Original Special One

Postby phips » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:49 am

my word. what a boring match.

aside from the first 10 minutes when we started like a bat out of hell we were fairly poor. and after Silva went off we offered virtually nothing going forward and were horribly uninventive...which is a shame because youd think Nasri would step up with Silva off. he didnt and he didnt vs Sunderland either.

but at this point in the season, who cares. 3 points is 3 points.

in the summer we need to shore up the defense...badly.

ive stuck behind Pellegrini all season and I still do but its worrying that he cant seem to get his players to get up for all the games and to play with consistent effort and energy.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby zuricity » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:51 am

Lee_R wrote:
Aguero isnt 100% fit and Negredo hasn't done anything for a couple of months. Theres only Dzeko and he can be hit and miss.. so why not Jovetic?

Do you just not like him? Fair enough if thats the argument.

I like Jovetic, but he hasn't done or shown enough to warrant a start nevermind a regular place in the team.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

PreviousNext

Return to Match Day Threads