*** City v WBA - Official Match Thread ***

Follow the match live and post your in game comments on the official match day threads.

Re: *** City v WBA - Official Match Thread ***

Postby phips » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:55 am

jovetic is a little too much of a finesse player. its not his fault...its a result of playing in Serie A. hes needs more time to adapt, to get more physical, and to realize he cant just do step overs and backheels.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby dick dastardley » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:05 am

All those whinging about the fans hows about getting off ur arses and going to a game?? Apart from the ones who live abroad!!
Atmosphere was a lot better last night than last week.....
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:39 am

dick dastardley wrote:All those whinging about the fans hows about getting off ur arses and going to a game?? Apart from the ones who live abroad!!
Atmosphere was a lot better last night than last week.....

Sounded decent last night, sang along with most of it. Not quite got the Zab's song yet though ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:56 am

phips wrote:my word. what a boring match.

aside from the first 10 minutes when we started like a bat out of hell we were fairly poor. and after Silva went off we offered virtually nothing going forward and were horribly uninventive...which is a shame because youd think Nasri would step up with Silva off. he didnt and he didnt vs Sunderland either.

but at this point in the season, who cares. 3 points is 3 points.

in the summer we need to shore up the defense...badly.

ive stuck behind Pellegrini all season and I still do but its worrying that he cant seem to get his players to get up for all the games and to play with consistent effort and energy.

I agree with your last point, it's something that's been worrying me too.

On Nasri, he was an excellent block away from adding a fourth and that was an excellent one two he played with Jovetic to set Dzeko up. He's no Silva but who is?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:11 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

On Nasri, he was an excellent block away from adding a fourth and that was an excellent one two he played with Jovetic to set Dzeko up. He's no Silva but who is?

I thought kompany showed real fire in his belly last night and leads by example.

Shame he has that wobbly few mins around 80 mins. His head went awol.

Atmosphere was kuch better and the fans made an effort which was great.

I got told by a fella behind me to sit down when we were singing blue moon. I told him to get off his arse and get behind the lads or get a seat in the corporate section next time. I wouldnt mind I only stand in unison with everyone else and sing, it wasnt like it was only me.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby john@staustell » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:14 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

I thought kompany showed real fire in his belly last night and leads by example.

Shame he has that wobbly few mins around 80 mins. His head went awol.

he went charging around like a raging bull for 10 minutes. Luckily Demichelis was there to cover his errors.

Never thought we'd be saying that 6 months ago!!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby bayblue » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:29 am

Good performance.
In the second half West Brom seemed more concerned with protecting their goal difference than trying to do anything to affect the game's outcome.
Was a good night for some of our less consistent performers. I was impressed with Dzeko, showed skill, power and pace at times. MDM was excellent.
Nasri played really well and if Silva is injured he's got to be our best chance of unlocking Palace.

Aguero made a huge difference but I wasn't convinced he was fully fit; anyone else think this?
bayblue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:28 am

bayblue wrote:Good performance.
In the second half West Brom seemed more concerned with protecting their goal difference than trying to do anything to affect the game's outcome.
Was a good night for some of our less consistent performers. I was impressed with Dzeko, showed skill, power and pace at times. MDM was excellent.
Nasri played really well and if Silva is injured he's got to be our best chance of unlocking Palace.

Aguero made a huge difference but I wasn't convinced he was fully fit; anyone else think this?

Agreed, Aguero looked to be hobbling, but he does have a very strange walk, like his thighs are too wide for his body.

WBA's approach the game was very strange, they set up to counter attack with pace, which they did on a couple of occasions with one of them paying off. However, they seemed to time waste when losing 3-1? The ball was with Olson on the far side of the penalty area and the ref blew for offside against us, so instead of Olson giving the ball to foster, he just left it on the far side and foster walked over to get it and then brought it back to the centre to the the freekick. I can guarantee that every one of us would be screaming at our players if they did that.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby bayblue » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:46 am

Wonderwall wrote: Agreed, Aguero looked to be hobbling, but he does have a very strange walk, like his thighs are too wide for his body. WBA's approach the game was very strange, they set up to counter attack with pace, which they did on a couple of occasions with one of them paying off. However, they seemed to time waste when losing 3-1? The ball was with Olson on the far side of the penalty area and the ref blew for offside against us, so instead of Olson giving the ball to foster, he just left it on the far side and foster walked over to get it and then brought it back to the centre to the the freekick. I can guarantee that every one of us would be screaming at our players if they did that.

I think they'd been told not to risk any more goals to protect their GD. Didn't make for an enthralling second half anyway!
bayblue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Previous

Return to Match Day Threads