***official everton v city match thread***

Follow the match live and post your in game comments on the official match day threads.

Re: ***official everton v city match thread***

Postby city9_4eva » Sat May 03, 2014 6:48 pm

chips wrote:
Something like 'Steve Gerrard Gerrard, He slipped on his fucking arse, And gave it to Demba Ba, Steve Gerrard Gerrard'

Love it!

Niiiice!!! I hope to sing that loud and proud after the last game of the season!!!! 2 games to go!! Staying quiet till then!!!
city9_4eva
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby The Original Special One » Sat May 03, 2014 6:54 pm

dick dastardley wrote:I agree what sourness and Rednal say Joe Hart outstanding

I think he got too exposed for the Barkley goal, though; although late tip from the Naismith shot could have been crucial.

Sky's post-game analysis embarrassingly jingo-istic. Even Souness
The Original Special One
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby The Original Special One » Sat May 03, 2014 6:56 pm

Dubaimancityfan wrote:Couldn't watch after they scored their 2nd and switched off the TV. Switched on in injury time and was appalled to see 6 mins added on the fucking ref refused to blow the whistle even on 96 !!
All's well that ends well. Massive result today and well done to all the lads. Special mention for Eden. Big games winner ! Nearly there. I wont jinx it by celebrating too early (memories of QPR !!).

I watched everything, although I was standing up for the last five minutes.
I invited the neighbour around that had been around for the United-Everton game two seasons back, and said he's our lucky charm.

And I shook his hand, afterwards, and thanked him for his support :)
The Original Special One

Postby ruralblue » Sat May 03, 2014 6:56 pm

Dubaimancityfan wrote:Couldn't watch after they scored their 2nd and switched off the TV. Switched on in injury time and was appalled to see 6 mins added on the fucking ref refused to blow the whistle even on 96 !!

Say what??? You turned it off? Wow!
ruralblue
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat May 03, 2014 6:57 pm

Tbh I think the Gerrard song is horrendous. Liverpool are not our nearest rivals.

There is only one team's fans who make up songs about their title rivals & that's Utd.

Singing cocky songs about Gerrard, then shitting your pants & going silent when the oppo score, instead of getting behind your team, is just classic rag behaviour & another few yards down the slippery slope to becoming rags in blue.

Awful.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby guv111 » Sat May 03, 2014 7:03 pm

Alcohol made that easier. Which isn't always the case, so I think the fact that we took a two goal lead led me to believe we were playing well. As I was following the match on the radio, I have no idea yet if we were good or not. Will watch it all later.

Relaxed at the moment about the Villa match, but they have the players to make it difficult for us. Like Sunderland, they can play a bit when they are up for it. Will be nervous all over again on Wednesday.

But what a fantastic time to go top of the league. Beautiful.
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby ross.mcfc » Sat May 03, 2014 7:03 pm

ruralblue wrote:

Say what??? You turned it off? Wow!

I considered it myself. I should take up chess or something, my nerves are shot.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby guv111 » Sat May 03, 2014 7:08 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Tbh I think the Gerrard song is horrendous. Liverpool are not our nearest rivals.

There is only one team's fans who make up songs about their title rivals & that's Utd.

Singing cocky songs about Gerrard, then shitting your pants & going silent when the oppo score, instead of getting behind your team, is just classic rag behaviour & another few yards down the slippery slope to becoming rags in blue.

Awful.

Ha.

Calm down, Ted.

We won. :)
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat May 03, 2014 7:08 pm

guv111 wrote:Alcohol made that easier. Which isn't always the case, so I think the fact that we took a two goal lead led me to believe we were playing well. As I was following the match on the radio, I have no idea yet if we were good or not. Will watch it all later.

Relaxed at the moment about the Villa match, but they have the players to make it difficult for us. Like Sunderland, they can play a bit when they are up for it. Will be nervous all over again on Wednesday.

Neither of these games are easy, as we are fucked, but we should be able to scrape through at least & hopefully blast our way through at best.

Liverpool are not sure to take maximum points though & neither are Chelsea now.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby guv111 » Sat May 03, 2014 7:18 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
guv111 wrote:Alcohol made that easier. Which isn't always the case, so I think the fact that we took a two goal lead led me to believe we were playing well. As I was following the match on the radio, I have no idea yet if we were good or not. Will watch it all later.

Neither of these games are easy, as we are fucked, but we should be able to scrape through at least & hopefully blast our way through at best.

Liverpool are not sure to take maximum points though & neither are Chelsea now.

That's what I said earlier in the thread. Both teams (Liverpool and Chelsea) are capable of blowing their last couple of games now. Liverpool, especially, are on the verge of blowing their own bubble. Chelsea, less so as they are solidly professional.

If, IF, we win the league, looking back at the Liverpool Scousefests in the media will be one of the sweetest parts of it.

Man U finishing seventh will never stop being wondrous.
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby patrickblue » Sat May 03, 2014 7:19 pm

The Original Special One wrote:
Trautmann wrote:Now we only have to go through this again twice.... How are your nerves doing?

We've got to press Villa back into their own box from the getgo. And not give up until we're FIVE up.

But Yaya will be that much fitter; as will Silva

Not too sure about the fitness thing, half the team seem to be walking wounded.
But I do agree that unless scouse 1 drop points against Palace, which I suspect they may do, we need to knock a fair few in against Villa, as the dippers will be going for a record score against Newcastle. Need to nip that idea in the bud
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Renato_CTID » Sat May 03, 2014 7:22 pm

Maybe the most dramatic City game I ever watch in my life today! But what a joy at the final whistle! Fernandinho man of the match for me: don't understand why Pelle left him on the bench at the beginning, but his class and his natural sense of position is impressive. Let's hope Kun Yaya and Edin will be fit for next two finals, fingers crossed and CTWD!
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby blues2win » Sat May 03, 2014 7:27 pm

We can whine all we like but the last two games have been massive wins from a squad battered bruised and exhausted. I'm fucking proud of the lads. Can they drag themselves over the finishing line? I think they can and it will be a greater achievement than the first league title. Will there be lessons to be learned after the season is finished? Of course but for now celebrate a squad with real heart and courage. Good on you lads. Now just do it.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Twobob » Sat May 03, 2014 7:45 pm

Well after a week 'working' away i needed a day without beer - that didn't help, plan failed - great win!

Oh City, you got me singing the blues!
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby gillie » Sat May 03, 2014 7:45 pm

My arse was twitching like a rabbit's nose in the added on time.Fuck me City I swear you will kill me one day.Great 3 points though.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby zuricity » Sat May 03, 2014 7:46 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Tbh I think the Gerrard song is horrendous. Liverpool are not our nearest rivals.

Awful.

wind the neck in please.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Michigan Blue » Sat May 03, 2014 7:56 pm

Has anyone heard one of Liverpool's matches described as "must-win" yet? No? Just us then?

Dippers must be on 86 points already, just like how they've been the league's top scorers since August.

Now I'm just hearing about how many goals they'll hump Palace by to turn the GD back in their favor.
"Certainly our programme is a full one, but as a player and as a manager I've always felt that there is only one way to go into a season...and that's to try to win every game.... While we are in four major competitions we shall try to win four major competitions." - Joe Mercer
Michigan Blue
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby The Original Special One » Sat May 03, 2014 8:06 pm

patrickblue wrote:
The Original Special One wrote:
Trautmann wrote:Now we only have to go through this again twice.... How are your nerves doing?

We've got to press Villa back into their own box from the getgo. And not give up until we're FIVE up.

But Yaya will be that much fitter; as will Silva

Not too sure about the fitness thing, half the team seem to be walking wounded.
But I do agree that unless scouse 1 drop points against Palace, which I suspect they may do, we need to knock a fair few in against Villa, as the dippers will be going for a record score against Newcastle. Need to nip that idea in the bud

My brother's a Dipper, and I told him he shouldn't take the Bar Codes for granted, no matter what happens.

It's more about the head than the calibre of player, in these final two games.
I was delighted the way Javi Garcia held off that late lunging tackle when Barkley - I think - had burst past him and Javi wasn't able to get back and win the ball.
It's those kind of things - where players do lose the head - that can kill us.

De Michelis very much a calming influence in that respect; his having a go at the referee for Everton's second was atypical of him, although it was good to see how quickly he regained his composure
The Original Special One

Postby london blue 2 » Sat May 03, 2014 8:12 pm

One game at a time. Bricking weds now ;)
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby gillie » Sat May 03, 2014 8:28 pm

YourMCFC™ ‏@YourMCFC 5m
Pellegrini has confirmed that Yaya doesn't have an injury.
Sergio has also just tweeted saying he's fine and was taken off as a precaution.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

PreviousNext

Return to Match Day Threads