Thursday's B*ll*x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Thursday's B*ll*x

Postby Chinners » Thu May 05, 2011 7:13 am

Kompany on board for long term in City's 'beautiful' success story
Defender confirms desire to remain at Eastlands with club near to FA Cup win and Champions League place
Vincent Kompany wants to stay at Manchester City for the rest of his career. Given the revolution at Eastlands over the past three seasons, Kompany is already a relatively old stager there – originally signed from Hamburg by Mark Hughes as a midfielder who could play in defence when required, he has become one of the bedrocks at the back, earning himself a place in the PFA Premier League team of the year.
The 25-year-old has been one of the inspirations behind City's charge to the FA Cup final and increasingly more certain challenge for a Champions League place. Having come so far in such a short period of time, it is hardly a surprise that the Belgium international wants to hang around for a lot longer.
"I have made a lot of progress," Kompany said yesterday. "But I still have a lot more to show and bring to this club. I am definitely looking looking long term."
Despite his recent training ground clash with fiery striker Mario Balotelli, Kompany has been one of the more stable characters at City recently. He has even taken the captain's armband at times when Carlos Tevez has been injured and Kolo Touré was suspended for his failed drugs test. And the unqualified support he receives from the City faithful merely confirms his belief that he is at exactly the right place at this stage in his career.
"I have never been embraced as well as I have been here, by the fans and the country in general," he said. "I feel really comfortable here and I am proud to be a part of everything that is happening. I take nothing for granted and work hard every day, because I know when it happens, we should all consider ourselves lucky to be able to be part of such a beautiful story."
That story will have its next chapter once City have secured a top four spot in the Premier League. They will be celebrating on Saturday evening if a win at Everton is followed by a Tottenham defeat to Blackpool at White Hart Lane. More likely, it will take a result next Tuesday – and revenge – against the Spurs side who defeated them at Eastlands to take the same prize last term to ensure the battle does not go down to the final couple of matches.
"We are on course," Kompany said. "We have gone a tremendous way since the takeover happened three years ago. It is a completely different club and it would really be a great way to start the success story we want to have by achieving Champions League qualification and winning the FA Cup. That is our target, and it becomes even more important than ever now"

Micah Richards is the future of English football claims Brazil legend
Brazil legend Carlos Alberto has named Micah Richards as the unlikely future of English football.
The man who captained Brazil's 1970 World Cup winners picked out Richards as a future England captain and says the 22-year-old Manchester City defender can become an even better player than he was because he has a “rare, incredible talent.”
He also claimed City can dominate English football for the next 20 years.
It is an incredible tribute from one of football’s all-time greats to Richards, who has only recently rediscovered his best form after a turbulent two years.
In an interview with KMF, the Brazilian Soccer Schools' regular magazine, he said: “I look a lot at my position and at Micah Richards. You see, in my position, right-back, I think I was the first attacking right-back, the first attacking full-back in the world, just because I had the physical condition so that it felt possible to go attack, defend, attack, defend - no problem.
“I watched Richards from his England debut at 17. This was impressive, as he was marking Arjen Robben. Robben didn’t get past Richards, and I’ve seen in the Premier League twice before with Thierry Henry - Richards accelerated past him, and he was frightened to see such a talent at 17.
“He is only 22 and has the experience and knows what he wants and where he wants to go. He reminds me a little bit of myself. He can play with the ball well. I know his original position was midfield.
“To me, possibilities for him to become captain of the English national team seem a very obvious path for such a player. But to become the best in his position in the world would only fulfil the promise I saw in him as a 17-year old.
“Talent and ability like that is rare and I’ve seen football across the world. He even went out of the national team and has not complained or made noise, he is just concentrating on playing well for his club. And this is the best.
"This one’s future is very bright.”
Richards has endured a difficult two years at City, finding his progress blocked by big-money signings, losing his place in the senior England team and being accused of losing his focus.
But Alberto says that Richards’ recent experiences can make him more determined to succeed, despite being surrounded by expensive foreign signings.
“He is still only 22, and he is incredible,” he said. “Now he has five years of playing with league experience, but more importantly he has had experience of life off the pitch and grown.
“Sometimes, a crisis or difficult problem at a young age can prove to be the mother of growth, creativity and invention.
"The problem is he’s 22 and plays in a top four Premier League team. Not enough English players are playing at this level regularly. Richards has five years experience and is still only 22. He, to me, holds the keys to the hopes of England for this coming generation.
“I went to Manchester City’s training facilities in the year when Richards was 17 or 18. Stuart Pearce said to me that he had never worked with anybody who was so good so young. This tells me that all his potential is still there.
“It was a very big pressure to play for the national side at 17. I think he was the youngest defender ever to play for England, the country that gave football to the world.
“He was a captain of the club at 18 and this year’s captain on occasions, but [being] given the captaincy first at 18 brings a lot of pressure.
“I was 22 before I started playing at Santos as a regular. I took over in Santos but was 22 before playing regular. Now, with all the things that modern football brings, to have this pressure and responsibility at 17 or 18 is huge.
“I speak with people who work with Richards at his club and with the national team. He has grown, he has had experience, not only one who has had small problems and difficulties - that experience can only come from having that. And this can be a good thing.
“Whether he stays at Manchester City, I don’t know. It would be good for him to stay in this club because they have a lot of conditions off the field and on the pitch where they will be successful for a very long time.
“But I’m pleased when I speak with people at the club to see that Richards is now, despite being 22 and still a young player, has the head and growth mentally of somebody who is 30. This made me very, very happy. “
Alberto keeps a keen eye on English football and says that City have got the strength in depth to dominate for the next 20 years.
He added: “The Premier League this year has been a little bit different. Tottenham have done well and played good football, and I like Gareth Bale a lot. Arsenal have some problems with the defence and these problems seem to be there more than one season, so I don’t understand with Arsenal.
“But Manchester City have the conditions to play a big role in English football for the next 10 to 20 years.”

Richards is 22 apparently ....

Tevez is losing Cup final fitness battle
Carlos Tevez is losing his battle to be fit in time for the FA Cup final.
The Manchester City skipper, who has been out for the past two-and-a-half weeks with a hamstring injury, is not fit enough to claim a place on the bench for Saturday's trip to Everton.
That leaves him with only next Tuesday's clash with Tottenham at Eastlands to prove to boss Roberto Mancini he is fit enough to play against Stoke at Wembley on May 14.
Mancini has already warned Tevez he must get some minutes on the clock for City if he is to be considered for the final, as the club looks to end its 35-year wait for silverware.
The City manager is not prepared to take a gamble on Tevez by throwing him into the final against Stoke without any game-time under his belt, despite the striker's importance to the team.

Man City eye Drogba in Tevez swap deal
Carlos Tevez and Didier Drogba could be swapping clubs this summer according to reports on Wednesday.
The Manchester Evening News claims Tevez is ready to demand a transfer this summer, with Chelsea one of the only clubs in the world who could afford to buy him and pay his massive wages.
City do not want to let the Argentine striker leave, but if he were to force the issue and seek a switch to Stamford Bridge, Roberto Mancini wants to bring Didier Drogba to Eastlands as part of a cash-plus-player deal that would also include £30m in cash.
Drogba has seen his once guaranteed first-team spot under threat since Fernando Torres arrived in January and another top forward joining the club would see him marginalised even further.
But Mancini is a big fan of the Ivorian ace and believes that even at 33 he still has plenty to offer in the Champions League.
City chiefs are still hoping that qualifying for Champions League football will be enough to keep 27-year-old captain Tevez who still has three years on his current contract.
But his commitment is difficult to gauge as the Argentine has had an up and down relationship with the club and Mancini and even handed in a transfer request last December, which he later withdrew.

OTHER BOLLOX
Manchester United and Birmingham City target Maxi Lopez could be heading to the Premier League this summer from Italian side Catania. talkSPORT

Arsenal and Tottenham have been put on red alert after reports in France claimed coveted striker Gervinho has rejected a new deal at Lille. talkSPORT

Chelsea are bracing themselves for a £25m bid from AC Milan for midfielder Michael Essien. Metro

Sunderland and West Brom are locked in a battle to sign Sporting Lisbon midfielder Simon Vukcevic.talkSPORT

AC Milan will make an £18m bid to entice Michael Essien from Chelsea this summer and could also offer a player part-exchange. Daily Mirror

Atletico Madrid striker Sergio Aguero, who has been linked with Chelsea and Tottenham, has opened the door to a move to the Premier League.
Full story: Daily Mirror

Aston Villa, Blackburn and Sunderland have approached West Ham about striker Demba Ba. Daily Mirror

Liverpool are lining up a bid for Wigan midfielder James McCarthy, having failed to sign him from Hamilton two years ago. Daily Mail

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew hopes to lure Ipswich's in-demand teenager Connor Wickham to St James' Park, having worked with him previously at Reading. Daily Mail

Blackburn's highly rated 19-year-old defender Phil Jones has given a hint where his future may lie by saying "Arsenal play the prettiest football in the Premier League". the Independent

Aston Villa midfielder Nigel Reo-Coker could leave for free in the summer after his agent revealed there had been no talks over a new contract with the Midlands club since November.the Sun

Arsenal defender Thomas Vermaelen could make a remarkable return at Stoke in the Premier League on Sunday. The Belgian has been out since August because of an Achilles tendon injury. Daily Mirror

West Ham have drawn up a seven-man shortlist to replace Avram Grant as manager - Neil Warnock, Paul Lambert, Malky Mackay, Chris Hughton, Slaven Bilic, Ian Holloway and Martin O'Neill. the Guardian

Manchester United and Barcelona will only receive about 25,000 tickets each for the Champions League final at Wembley on 28 May. the Times

Hull owner Assem Allam wants to buy the KC Stadium from the local council and build a £100m sports village, which would include an Olympic-size swimming pool. Daily Star

Fears are growing that midfielder Scott Parker could miss the rest of West Ham's season as they battle against relegation. He is set to have painkilling injections because of an Achilles tendon problem. Daily Star

Prince William's spokesman has rejected claims by a Fifa member that he was invited to the Royal wedding as an enticement to vote for England's 2018 World Cup bid. Daily Mirror

Kazakh footballer Armand Masimzhanov, who plays for FC Kairat, has been banned for life after an astonishing kung-fu kick on a rival. Metro

Cricket chiefs fear the opening Test match between England and Sri Lanka in Cardiff at the end of the month could be played in an empty ground if Swansea and Cardiff make it to the Championship play-off final on the same bank holiday weekend.Daily Mirror

more bollox & wag soon ....
Last edited by Chinners on Thu May 05, 2011 8:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Thursday's B*ll*x

Postby Avalon » Thu May 05, 2011 7:51 am

Kazakh footballer Armand Masimzhanov, who plays for FC Kairat, has been banned for life after an astonishing kung-fu kick on a rival. Metro

[youtube]JN_iizRM9Bg[/youtube]

Here's the video
Avalon
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City

Postby one man army » Thu May 05, 2011 8:18 am

nice one...
ŁÓDZKI 1908 KLUB 2015 SPORTOWY
107 years and counting...
NIGDY NIE ZGINIE! ŁKS NIGDY NIE ZGINIE!
one man army
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: ŁKS & MCFC
My favourite player is: Bodzio W.

Postby mr_nool » Thu May 05, 2011 8:21 am

Reminds me of Maradona while at Barcelona.
[youtube]nEeMSBy8EW0[/youtube]
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu May 05, 2011 8:22 am

Kompany can sign a ten year deal for me.

As for that Kung Fu kick,that is some serious dangerous shit right there.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby simon12 » Thu May 05, 2011 8:23 am

Manchester United and Birmingham City target Maxi Lopez could be heading to the Premier League this summer from Italian side Catania. talkSPORT

Them 2 in the same breathe after the same player makes me piss

Man City and Wolves target Lionel Messi...HAHA
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby simon12 » Thu May 05, 2011 8:31 am

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening ... ester-city

Carlos Tevez boost for Manchester City
Stuart Brennan

May 05, 2011

Carlos Tevez is ready to lead the charge as Manchester City prepare for a final assault on the top four and FA Cup.

The Argentine striker is close to a return to full training after stepping up his fight to be fit for the Wembley final a week on Saturday.

And with Nigel de Jong and Pablo Zabaleta both expected to be fit for the trip to Everton this weekend after injury scares, the Blues will be close to full strength for the final stages of the season.

Micah Richards is expected to be added to the bench at Goodison Park after fighting back from a hamstring problem, and Tevez is thought to be not far behind him.

The Blues skipper is now running at full pace and kicking a ball again, and could rejoin the squad for full training on Friday or Monday – which would keep him on schedule to take some part in next Tuesday’s home clash with Spurs.

De Jong this week had a scan on a hip problem which forced him off at half-time of the 2-1 win over West Ham, while Zabaleta is confident of shaking off an ankle knock he picked up late in the same game.
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby ashton287 » Thu May 05, 2011 9:11 am

lets all have a disco wrote:Kompany can sign a ten year deal for me.

As for that Kung Fu kick,that is some serious dangerous shit right there.

Reminded me of that bruce lee film where he bullies that other kid so he kicks im in the back and and cripples him.

also drogba plus 60 million.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby razor400 » Thu May 05, 2011 9:51 am

Is it me or do footballers fight like fannys
[/border][/b]
[/color]
razor400
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Champions
My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu May 05, 2011 4:44 pm

If we were to get Drogba and £30m for Tevez, would that not put Drogba's valuation at somewhere in excess of £20m ??

For a 33 year old player, how unrealistic is that ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Slim » Thu May 05, 2011 5:03 pm

Kompany for captain and 10 year deal, also Silva and de Jong for huge long term deals.

Get it done Bobby.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Return to The Maine Football forum