The Sack Pep Thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Sack Pep Thread

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:07 pm

salford city wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
patrickblue wrote:I really think this is all a bit knee jerk.
He's still the best manager we've ever had.
Trouble is he's caught typical cityitis as far as European football is concerned.
He's so scared of fucking up, he does.

How long does he need to not fix what doesn't need fixing ? hes had 4 years.

You could also make a point about him having unlimited resources at his disposal. I've been there for everything that we have won under him and am more than grateful for where he has taken us to but his CL record with us is littered by his own senseless brainfart team selections and tactics and Saturday was by far the most embarrassing
I would like him to stay and sort it out but I dont think he has got the balls to challenge himself

Sources close to the Manchester City squad have revealed that the players were left furious with Pep Guardiola's team selection and tactical approach in Saturday's 3-1 defeat to Lyon, according to the Athletic.

One figure close to the Manchester City squad said the players were left confused having trained for the majority of the season in the 4-3-3 system, only for Pep Guardiola to rip up the rule book and reinvent the wheel for a club who finished seventh in France.

The relationship remains tight between the Man City players and coaching staff and the 'connection' is still strong. However, sources close to the squad were unanimous in their assessment - Pep Guardiola got it wrong and the players are frustrated that it keeps happening.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby sheblue » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:20 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
salford city wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Trouble is he's caught typical cityitis as far as European football is concerned.

You could also make a point about him having unlimited resources at his disposal. I've been there for everything that we have won under him and am more than grateful for where he has taken us to but his CL record with us is littered by his own senseless brainfart team selections and tactics and Saturday was by far the most embarrassing
I would like him to stay and sort it out but I dont think he has got the balls to challenge himself

Sources close to the Manchester City squad have revealed that the players were left furious with Pep Guardiola's team selection and tactical approach in Saturday's 3-1 defeat to Lyon, according to the Athletic.

One figure close to the Manchester City squad said the players were left confused having trained for the majority of the season in the 4-3-3 system, only for Pep Guardiola to rip up the rule book and reinvent the wheel for a club who finished seventh in France.

The relationship remains tight between the Man City players and coaching staff and the 'connection' is still strong. However, sources close to the squad were unanimous in their assessment - Pep Guardiola got it wrong and the players are frustrated that it keeps happening.

Dont want pep to go dont want him to be sacked. Would like to see him at least acknowledge that he got it so badly wrong. The players know it the fans know it, everyone knows it. I hope he learns from it. Gut feeling is he will do it again.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby blues2win » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:54 pm

Cheesy tweets that Pep has signed a short extension to his contract. An extra year?
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Mase » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:57 pm

blues2win wrote:Cheesy tweets that Pep has signed a short extension to his contract. An extra year?

FFS. If it’s only a year then just go!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Blue Jam » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:15 pm

Mase wrote:
blues2win wrote:Cheesy tweets that Pep has signed a short extension to his contract. An extra year?

My thoughts exactly, but then it's possible that he's been told, "don't fucking to this again, this is your last warning".
Either way, he's got to sort it out or go.
Blue Jam
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Goater

Postby City64 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:27 pm

1 year extension is best for both parties . Pep is the highest paid manager in the world if the club were to sack him half way through a 5 year contract it would cost the club a fortune . Both parties have mutual respect which is rare in today’s modern elite football . Squad rebuild in process and improvement required but good to have stability at elite level imho .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PeterParker » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:40 pm

Mase wrote:

One year extension? That means until 2022, right? As he had another year, or so was the rumor.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Mase » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:45 pm

City64 wrote:1 year extension is best for both parties . Pep is the highest paid manager in the world if the club were to sack him half way through a 5 year contract it would cost the club a fortune . Both parties have mutual respect which is rare in today’s modern elite football . Squad rebuild in process and improvement required but good to have stability at elite level imho .

Simeone is highest paid manager in the world mate.

Pep is in his final season. He’s not got 2.5 years left.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:47 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
salford city wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

That’s an interesting take and one that could be suggested by the majority of us. However, if the players were so unhappy, and we know they’ve had open talks before, why didn’t the players bring this up prior to the match? After all, they’d been practicing this set-up for nearly a week.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby City64 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:56 pm

Mase wrote:
City64 wrote:1 year extension is best for both parties . Pep is the highest paid manager in the world if the club were to sack him half way through a 5 year contract it would cost the club a fortune . Both parties have mutual respect which is rare in today’s modern elite football . Squad rebuild in process and improvement required but good to have stability at elite level imho .

You read it wrong pal , if City were to give pep a 5 year contract they haven’t , 1 year contract suits both parties . Rags sack managers every 2 years who are on 5 year contracts and that is why they are treading water . Hope we never go down that route again . And if simeone is the highest paid manager for producing that anti football shite somebody high up at Atleti needs fucking off !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:59 pm

Just win the fucking prem next year and all is forgiven
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Mase » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:24 pm

City64 wrote:
Mase wrote:

You read it wrong pal , if City were to give pep a 5 year contract they haven’t , 1 year contract suits both parties . Rags sack managers every 2 years who are on 5 year contracts and that is why they are treading water . Hope we never go down that route again . And if simeone is the highest paid manager for producing that anti football shite somebody high up at Atleti needs fucking off !

Ah I got you
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:10 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
salford city wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

That’s an interesting take and one that could be suggested by the majority of us. However, if the players were so unhappy, and we know they’ve had open talks before, why didn’t the players bring this up prior to the match? After all, they’d been practicing this set-up for nearly a week.

I find that hard to believe. Even before the game took place , probably even in the hotel earlier in the day . They all would have known the team . not like just on the bus going into the stadium. Furthermore , they would have had the opportunity to ask why the defensive mode ? I can only think that Pep was hoping to bluff Bayern- else this team selection didn't make sense for an attacking team like City.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:27 pm

Z, are you saying that Pep tried a double bluff but the bluff didn’t work?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:03 pm

Blue Jam wrote:
Mase wrote:

My thoughts exactly, but then it's possible that he's been told, "don't fucking to this again, this is your last warning".
Either way, he's got to sort it out or go.

Complete and utter bollocks , contracts are made . People screw up - get fired . It happens. Pep has brought and will continue to bring silverware, took me a while to be convinced but he has set records with City and it will continue .

I've made a very healthy living working contracts for over 40 years . Works wonderfully well - i don't get the BS employees have to go through and i have the right NOT to extend when they screw up.

Both City management and Pep are comfortable in their contract arrangements - We aren't the rags and we have a very astute , wealthy and patient owner .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:52 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
salford city wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Who knows Beefy - but I Can well believe some of the players were pissed off at PePs tactics and starting 11 (KDB most certainly ) we were playing Lyon ffs - the team that played RM would have killed them.

Anyway - it’s over , I’m not even pissed off anymore as
watching football (any football ) with no fans was always shit to watch and that’s actually numbed the emotion of losing the other night if I’m honest .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby BlueinBosnia » Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:36 am

Mase wrote:

Has it been confirmed that it's for an extra year? I'm interpreting 'short extension' to mean until the end of the 20/21 season, if it's extended beyond his current contract.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:00 am

Pep only does 1 year, I hope history does not repeat itself, both parties knew it was a mistake when this was done at Barca, remember the presser. For me we need clarity and Pep needs to be honest with us and himself. City cannot continue with this footballt based on we score inside 5/10/15 mins and dominate. Lyon, Monaco fans think Ligue1 no problem I said it they should have beat PSG in the French. Cup final teams at this level have everything we have plus they are ruthless we’re not.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:42 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Anyway - it’s over , I’m not even pissed off anymore as watching football (any football ) with no fans was always shit to watch and that’s actually numbed the emotion of losing the other night if I’m honest .

You’ll get no arguments from me there. As most have said, the football we’ve been watching has been nothing more than a distraction. There’s a huge asterisk next to each of the winners with the words COVID Cup attached to it.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby dazby » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:51 pm

Pep just needs to acknowledge that it's our way or the highway. If we play our way and we win, then great. If we lose playing our way, then that's ok. Don't fucking pander to lesser opposition.

Having written that, I do approve of playing a slower tempo at Anfield. That is his holy grail. He MUST get a win there.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum