FA Cup 4th Round

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: FA Cup 4th Round

Postby salford city » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:35 am

s1ty m wrote:We shouldn't fear anyone in any game. Trophies are there for the taking this year. It's up to us.

Agree with this. Taken a while for us to get going which seems to have been down in the main, to the dis-jointed pre-season following on from an extended last season. Feels like we are arriving closer to being the four-midables again but this time with a more pragmatic approach and solid defence
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:09 pm

Cheltenham Town fans doing Crowdfunding for a "virtual ticket" for the game to try to bring in some income for their club during lockdown.
https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/cheltenhamtownvmancity

Story is in the MEN https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... p-19608235

It's only a small amount but if it ensures their club survives then it's a worthwhile cause, in my opinion.
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby PeterParker » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:48 pm

Would love to play Forest later on.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby salford city » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:42 pm

PeterParker wrote:Would love to play Forest later on.

Miss going to Forest we always take 000's . Swansea is a fucking schlep from here but decent place to drink despite only getting 2k tickets not that we will be going to either.... ..
salford city

Miss going to Forest we always take 000's . Swansea is a fucking schlep from here but decent place to drink despite only getting 2k tickets not that we will be going to either.... ..
salford city

salford city

Postby salford city » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:44 pm

Miss them 3 times it seems....
salford city

Postby BlueinBosnia » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:28 pm

salford city wrote:

There's a direct train from Piccadilly to Swansea, although it's just over 4 hours these days (I was certain it was a tad under 3 and a half 15 years ago). Still only about the same amount of time as getting to one of the London teams, after faffing about with the Underground.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby salford city » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:01 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
salford city wrote:

There's a direct train from Piccadilly to Swansea, although it's just over 4 hours these days (I was certain it was a tad under 3 and a half 15 years ago). Still only about the same amount of time as getting to one of the London teams, after faffing about with the Underground.

Indeed there is its the one we always take. Surprisingly - not, there are usually only 2-3 carriages coming back 4.5 hours is a long time to stand even if you've been on the piss all day
salford city

Postby BlueinBosnia » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:20 pm

salford city wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:
salford city wrote:

Indeed there is its the one we always take. Surprisingly - not, there are usually only 2-3 carriages coming back 4.5 hours is a long time to stand even if you've been on the piss all day

It might be better now - Arriva no longer operate the service.

(Funny story about Arriva - I went somewhere with my father on an Arriva train once on a Sunday, and it stank of all the bodily fluids left on it the night before by revellers in Swansea. We complained about the stench (a mixture of Carling and Kebab coming out of both ends) to the conductor. He told us to be quiet and not to complain too loudly, and confided in us that the said stench was emanating from an old man sitting a few seats away. That tells you pretty much everything about how they ran their operations in a nutshell.)
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Postby salford city » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:52 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
salford city wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:
salford city wrote:

It might be better now - Arriva no longer operate the service.

(Funny story about Arriva - I went somewhere with my father on an Arriva train once on a Sunday, and it stank of all the bodily fluids left on it the night before by revellers in Swansea. We complained about the stench (a mixture of Carling and Kebab coming out of both ends) to the conductor. He told us to be quiet and not to complain too loudly, and confided in us that the said stench was emanating from an old man sitting a few seats away. That tells you pretty much everything about how they ran their operations in a nutshell.)

Was only one working toilet last time we made the journey to swansea on that service and that was blocked by stockport. Fucked it off and went by coach in the cup year before last .
salford city

Postby Sparklehorse » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:21 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
salford city wrote:

I live in Swansea and schlepp up to the Etihad a couple of times a season....and yes, 4 - 4.5 hours on a small train, tiring but worth it :D
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby salford city » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:03 am

Sparklehorse wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:
salford city wrote:

I live in Swansea and schlepp up to the Etihad a couple of times a season....and yes, 4 - 4.5 hours on a small train, tiring but worth it :D

Fair play to you mate
salford city

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:12 pm

Sparklehorse wrote:I live in Swansea and schlepp up to the Etihad

is that Welsh?
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:00 pm

Some would say karma with how these things go, I say that the company looks after those that looks after them ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby ruralblue » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:18 pm

salford city wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:
salford city wrote:

Can't get into Wales these days unless your passport in stamped to declare you have fucked a sheep for immunity whilst wearing a mask and swearing an oath to Chinners pals. Dan told me so.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby BlueinBosnia » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:54 am

ruralblue wrote:Can't get into Wales these days unless your passport in stamped to declare you have fucked a sheep for immunity whilst wearing a mask and swearing an oath to Chinners pals. Dan told me so.

Ironically, if you catch the train to Swansea, you'll pass through Llanwrtyd Wells, where one of the pubs (the Neuadd Arms Hotel) is considered a Monster Raving Loony Party shrine. There's a memorial to Screaming Lord Sutch outside the front door in the form of a leopardprint top hat set into the wall. So you might not be far off.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:43 pm

This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:46 pm

Other cup games -:

Friday, 22 January

Chorley v Wolves (19:45) - Live on BT Sport 1

Saturday, 23 January

Southampton or Shrewsbury Town v Arsenal (12:15) - Live on BT Sport 1

Cheltenham Town v Manchester City (17:30) - Live on BBC One

Sunday, 24 January

Chelsea v Luton Town (12:00) - Live on BBC One

Brentford v Leicester City (14:30) - Live on BT Sport 1

Manchester United v Liverpool (17:00) - Live on BBC One

Everton v Sheffield Wednesday (20:00) - Live on BT Sport 1

Monday, 25 January

Wycombe Wanderers v Tottenham Hotspur (19:45) - Live on BT Sport 1
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
My favourite player is: David Silva

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum