Welcome Rodrigo Hernandez

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Welcome Rodrigo Hernandez

Postby s1ty m » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:37 am

I'm not a fan of Gundogan but recently he's been excellent.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby PeterParker » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:39 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Love the bloke.

You really need to buy a working tv :lol:

I’m a glass half full type of guy who always looks for the positives. Not seen enough to say he needs to go but seen enough to say that he’s doing a good job - nobody can replace Fern for what he does, only evolve things in a different way.

Fuck, did i just see somebody dis’in the Gundogan? What a player he’s been lately.

The problem is he can't break opponents counter like Fern does and many times he lives us open.
He is excellent up front, but on the back he is not as good as he should be.

He keeps on doing the same mistakes he did last year, not offering cover to the defence, the only diference is Dias and Stones. Compare our last three games, all at home: Brighton & Villa, parked the bus, but really dangerous on the break, Palace, parked the bus but inept on the break because Fern was there.

I think Rodri is an excellent playmaker, to be honest, no way a holding mid because of his lack of speed and movement, but upfront he provides some amazing passes. Even that from last night to Bernie, really inch to perfection.
I would try it.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby s1ty m » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:44 am

PeterParker wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Love the bloke.

You really need to buy a working tv :lol:

I’m a glass half full type of guy who always looks for the positives. Not seen enough to say he needs to go but seen enough to say that he’s doing a good job - nobody can replace Fern for what he does, only evolve things in a different way.

Fuck, did i just see somebody dis’in the Gundogan? What a player he’s been lately.

The problem is he can't break opponents counter like Fern does and many times he lives us open.
He is excellent up front, but on the back he is not as good as he should be.

He keeps on doing the same mistakes he did last year, not offering cover to the defence, the only diference is Dias and Stones. Compare our last three games, all at home: Brighton & Villa, parked the bus, but really dangerous on the break, Palace, parked the bus but inept on the break because Fern was there.

I think Rodri is an excellent playmaker, to be honest, no way a holding mid because of his lack of speed and movement, but upfront he provides some amazing passes. Even that from last night to Bernie, really inch to perfection.
I would try it.

Fernandinho is still a superb player. We just look better with him patrolling the middle. He also plays the ball forward much more quickly.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:16 pm

My issue with Rodri is tempo, often seems a fraction of a second too slow in his actions. He was excellent last night though, against a counter of real quality too.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mase » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:36 pm

What’s classed as a ball recovery FIBD? That’s suggesting Rodri recovers the ball 9 times per match?? We have usually 70% possession each game. How is he recovering the ball that many times?

He has an average 1.1 interceptions and 1.9 tackles per game - we’ve played 18 games. Would love to see what’s classed as a “ball recovery”.

EDIT: in genuinely interested, as when you look here https://www.kickest.it/en/premier-league/stats/players/recovered-balls it’s a list of goalkeepers and Rodri. How can a keeper recover the ball back from the opposition? Are they classing saves?
Last edited by Mase on Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby PeterParker » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:31 pm

Mase wrote:What’s classed as a ball recovery FIBD? That’s suggesting Rodri recovers the ball 9 times per match?? We have usually 70% possession each game. How is he recovering the ball that many times?

He has an average 1.1 interceptions and 1.9 tackles per game - we’ve played 18 games. Would love to see what’s classed as a “ball recovery”.

Probably recovers after he gets a ball in his balls
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:54 pm

Mase wrote:What’s classed as a ball recovery FIBD? That’s suggesting Rodri recovers the ball 9 times per match?? We have usually 70% possession each game. How is he recovering the ball that many times?

EDIT: in genuinely interested, as when you look here https://www.kickest.it/en/premier-league/stats/players/recovered-balls it’s a list of goalkeepers and Rodri. How can a keeper recover the ball back from the opposition? Are they classing saves?

Ball Recovery is an event in which a player gains possession after control of the ball has been lost by the opposition.

That's how it's defined so I guess tackles, interceptions and being first to breaking balls would all be counted.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mase » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:01 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

Ball Recovery is an event in which a player gains possession after control of the ball has been lost by the opposition.

That's how it's defined so I guess tackles, interceptions and being first to breaking balls would all be counted.

Goalkeepers rarely tackle and intercept - that list is made up of them though. Rodri has 1.1 interceptions and 1.9 tackles per game. So he’s being first to 5-6 balls each game?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:09 pm

Mase wrote:

Goalkeepers rarely tackle and intercept - that list is made up of them though. Rodri has 1.1 interceptions and 1.9 tackles per game. So he’s being first to 5-6 balls each game?

I guess so. Keepers recover overhit passes and I guess saves would be included in their numbers too.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby aaron bond » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:16 pm

I've written this plenty of times before but Rodri isn't a bad player. He's just a big step down from Fern.

Fern should play in all of the key games this season. That will give us the best chance of winning the league and any of the cup competitions.

The way I see it is that Fern only has this season and maybe next season with us to make a significant contribution. After that we'll need a replacement and despite spending 60m Rodri is never going to replace him.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby Nick » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:18 pm

I've given him a break as weve looked good so he hasnt been an issue. Mate who loves him me those stats. He definitely isnt one of our top tacklers so who knows what that proves. We will see how we fair with him playing over dinho with no kev.

Dinho leagues above. I'd prefer Douglas Luiz.
Nick
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mase » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:01 am

Nick wrote:I've given him a break as weve looked good so he hasnt been an issue. Mate who loves him me those stats. He definitely isnt one of our top tacklers so who knows what that proves. We will see how we fair with him playing over dinho with no kev.

Now you have the full stats which includes keepers above him you can show your mate how ridiculous the ‘ball recovery’ stat is. You’re welcome Nick.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby City64 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:03 pm

Fernandinho is key to our success this season he is a level above Rodri and more dynamic with his forward play and passing . Rodri is good and learning but needs to add those qualities Fern has to his game if he is going to reach the level required. He has the best coach to work with to adapt .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:08 pm

Nick wrote:I've given him a break as weve looked good so he hasnt been an issue. Mate who loves him me those stats. He definitely isnt one of our top tacklers so who knows what that proves. We will see how we fair with him playing over dinho with no kev.

He has second highest tackles per game this season, Cancelo has the highest.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby salford city » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:17 pm

He has second highest tackles per game this season, Cancelo has the highest.

That is only because Rodri's second touch is a tackle.... seriously, am a fan of his but we keep coming back to the same issues, he is not Fern, well not many are but the more relevant are that he is still too slow to sniff out danger and he appears slow. Speed he either has or he hasn't and it is the latter for me, but positional sense can be worked on
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Outcast » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:36 pm

I'll keep saying it and I'll say it again, Eduardo Camavinga. The complete midfielder or should say has bags of potential to be one, under Pep guidance could become one.

Let's wait until he's worth 150m before we take a punt.

How about bring him next summer, integrate him slowly ready to replace our aging midfield.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby CTID Hants » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:15 pm

Poto's of Rodri in training today just been posted by the club on FB

Great news!
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:27 pm

CTID Hants wrote:Poto's of Rodri in training today just been posted by the club on FB

Great news!

johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mase » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:01 pm

Shame. I still prefer Fern, especially against a counter attacking team.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby CTID Hants » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:04 pm

Mase wrote:Shame. I still prefer Fern, especially against a counter attacking team.

I think we all do Mase, sadly Fern is now a one in 3 games to be effective
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum