Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:02 pm

For the "top six" in that list, most of that money will be going into the owners' pockets offshore. Except Chelsea, I suppose, although I wouldn't let kevin turvey spend my cash.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby CTID Hants » Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:01 pm

nottsblue wrote:
hayling22 wrote:Not sure if true, but where do they get these figures?

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... t-22623469

Manchester United and Man City's 'available transfer budget' compared to Premier League rivals
Manchester United will reportedly have more to spend than Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Newcastle United - after their cash injection.

Premier League clubs 'available budgets' according to FFP rules
From lowest to highest, per club_app.

Everton - £0m

Aston Villa - £5m

Southampton - £37m

Watford - £60m

Crystal Palace - £66m

Wolves - £70m

West Ham - £71m

Leicester City - £79m

Manchester City - £84m

Brighton - £85m

Brentford - £88m

Norwich City - £92m

Leeds United - £99m

Newcastle United - £166m

Burnley - £171m

Arsenal - £201m

Chelsea - £241m

Manchester United - £243m

Liverpool - £273m

Tottenham Hotspur - £400m

Joke of an article.

Chelsea have just announced losses of £145M.

And in what world would Spurs or Burnley spend money

I think what it is trying to say is that's what we are allowed to spend within ffp umder uefa rules given what we've spent recently rather than what money any particular actually club has available to spend.

But you're right bullshit clickbait , a load of utter bollocks either way.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby john@staustell » Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:07 pm

And seeing as Covid has thrown ffp rules right out the window anyway......
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:29 pm

It’s wrong to suggest circumstances are helping Manchester City sail to the title

Manchester City

By Sam Lee Jan 2, 2022 220
There’s a perception that Manchester City have glided through the COVID-19-affected Christmas calendar — or that they have even benefitted from it.

Yes, Pep Guardiola’s side are 11 points clear at the top of the table but the reality of the past couple of weeks is somewhat different.

Had City dropped points against Arsenal, as it looked like they might before an uncharacteristic late win, it would have been easier to reflect on some of the things that haven’t gone their way recently. It would be easier to understand their fatigue and to consider their players who are “not fully fit”.

But because they won and because of how the match developed, sympathy will be in short supply.

Arsenal, Manchester City
Rodri scores City’s winner at Arsenal (Photo: Catherine Ivill/Getty Images)
It is worth pointing out, though, that things have not been quite as they seem.

This is not to say that City have been worse off than the average club. They have got a lot of good players and a manager who knows how to use them. They have not been ravaged like Norwich, who had only a handful of senior outfield players in training at the end of last week, or Leicester City, facing an FA Cup tie against Watford next weekend without 13 first-team players.

But the idea that City have been unaffected by the pandemic over the festive period — or even that they might have benefitted — is wrong.

Thomas Tuchel has said the situation at Chelsea is “unfair” and that’s not being disputed here. Tuchel can handle the situation as he likes. Jurgen Klopp, who will miss Liverpool’s match against Chelsea on Sunday with a suspected case of COVID-19, is not happy either (although his complaints about City haven’t always been necessary, or right). Their comments have fuelled the perception that City have enjoyed a charmed life.

Guardiola is often sarcastic and knows how to make a point without outright complaining, but he has kept quiet and got on with the job. That has allowed an alternative version of events to develop.

City have kept quiet as a club, too, and have possibly not done themselves any favours. Players have missed games mysteriously and the official version is that they are “not fully fit”. At a time when the sporting headlines have been dominated by positive COVID-19 results, City haven’t warranted a mention.

But in an honest post-match press interview following the victory at Arsenal, Guardiola shed light on the situation for the first time.

“Just take a look at our bench today, it was four guys from the academy,” he said of Cole Palmer, Luke Mbete, James McAtee and Kayky, who was signed from Fluminense but is an academy player.

“We had many cases of COVID-19 this season, and injuries… Phil Foden (was not in the squad)… Kyle Walker (an unused substitute) and Rodri, today was the first day since the last COVID time. Today we were incredibly tired, mentally and physically, and Arsenal were better today.”

John Stones has been out, too, and Guardiola confirmed that Oleksandr Zinchenko also has COVID-19. “We are struggling like all the teams all around the world,” he said. “Hopefully it goes soon.”

Guardiola, Manchester City
Guardiola’s side have had plenty of problems to deal with over the Christmas period (Photo: Adrian Dennis/AFP via Getty Images)
Arsenal’s midweek game was postponed owing to COVID-19 cases in the Wolves camp, so they rested while City played a tough game at Brentford. Guardiola’s side flew back to Manchester in the early hours of Thursday and then flew back to London on Friday.

Joao Cancelo played with a cut on his head after he was hit during a burglary two nights ago.

There is no reason to get the violins out, but things have not been as ideal as made out in some quarters.

And that leads us back to the Emirates.

Manager Mikel Arteta could not be there because he has caught the virus, so Arsenal were easily cast as the underdog.

That’s understandable — City are brilliant — but Guardiola’s side had COVID-19 cases in their squad too (more than Arsenal, if we’re counting) and were running out of steam after three games in six days. That’s the context.

And Arsenal were great, not just throughout a fine first half when they took a deserved lead, but after half-time, too, when they kept on top of City, who looked stymied. Tired, even.

Then, of course, the whole house fell in. Arsenal were undone by their most troublesome foe: Arsenal.

City won a penalty, awarded by the VAR, when Granit Xhaka felled Bernardo Silva. Arsenal hadn’t got a penalty earlier so the atmosphere turned sour — the referee had given a corner when Ederson challenged Martin Odegaard. One replay on the VAR review suggested a foul, other angles suggested a clean tackle. The VAR, flawed as the system is, could find no reason to overrule the referee.

Maybe it was the heat of the moment that did for Arsenal given City had some jitters of their own. Just after the penalty, Aymeric Laporte inexplicably headed the ball over Ederson, only for Nathan Ake to clear off the line. Still, it fell to Gabriel Martinelli, who missed the open goal.

As the television replays showed the miss, Gabriel Magalhaes flattened Gabriel Jesus. He had been booked a minute earlier for dissent when the penalty against Xhaka was rewarded before Riyad Mahrez stepped up to equalise. This time he was booked for dangerous play and he was off.

After that, things descended into pantomime. The Arsenal fans were understandably livid but one TV commentator suggested “it does damage to the game that you can’t repair”, which seemed a little over the top.

That kind of talk continued for the rest of the match, though, and City’s undeserved winner hardly helped with the sense of injustice that continued well into the evening.

City were lucky to win but the perception of how things have played out has been nothing short of hysterical.

The league leaders didn’t play brilliantly. Arsenal did, first when they disrupted City’s rhythm better than any team this season — including the ones who have taken points off them — and then when they composed themselves to keep things tight when they went down to 10 men.

City don’t normally score late goals, either. “We are not a team with this characteristic,” Guardiola said.

It was Laporte, of all people, who assisted the winner. Rodri, two days after returning from COVID-19, had burst into the box and was in the right place to bundle home.

“The coin sometimes falls on your side,” Guardiola said.

It certainly did on Saturday but don’t be fooled into thinking they have not suffered.

(
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby branny » Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:02 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
hayling22 wrote:Not sure if true, but where do they get these figures?

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... t-22623469

Manchester United and Man City's 'available transfer budget' compared to Premier League rivals
Manchester United will reportedly have more to spend than Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Newcastle United - after their cash injection.

Premier League clubs 'available budgets' according to FFP rules
From lowest to highest, per club_app.

Everton - £0m

Aston Villa - £5m

Southampton - £37m

Watford - £60m

Crystal Palace - £66m

Wolves - £70m

West Ham - £71m

Leicester City - £79m

Manchester City - £84m

Brighton - £85m

Brentford - £88m

Norwich City - £92m

Leeds United - £99m

Newcastle United - £166m

Burnley - £171m

Arsenal - £201m

Chelsea - £241m

Manchester United - £243m

Liverpool - £273m

Tottenham Hotspur - £400m

Joke of an article.

Chelsea have just announced losses of £145M.

And in what world would Spurs or Burnley spend money

I think what it is trying to say is that's what we are allowed to spend within ffp umder uefa rules given what we've spent recently rather than what money any particular actually club has available to spend.

But you're right bullshit clickbait , a load of utter bollocks either way.

Don't see how it can be right. We were willing to pay £120m for Kane and have sold Torres since.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby zuricity » Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:06 pm

FYI
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby salford city » Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:10 pm

Aarfffff
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:22 pm

Another view of our alleged domination

https://gjfootballarchive.com/2022/01/0 ... omination/
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby nottsblue » Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:40 pm

johnny crossan wrote:Another view of our alleged domination

Good article from Gary

And truthful. Which means of course rag fans wont give it credence
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:02 pm

nottsblue wrote:

Good article from Gary

And the annoying thing about that is they could look up all his facts themselves from proven sources - but they won't.
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby salford city » Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:52 am

Loving the spin of first defeat for raggy ralf since November. Whilst that is true, how many games have they played - never mind the opposition. Could do with Villa showing up in the cup next week to round off a nice start to the new year
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby john68 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:50 am

I have believed for many years that the rags, Arse and the Dippers and the football public's concept of those entitities is largely a media construct built bu a compliant media, that earned £billions from positively publicising them. The sheeple being the sheeple simply absorbed the shite they were/are spoonfed and so a concept becomes solid and treated as truth.

No mention in the media whatsoever regarding the G14 acts of coersion and the threats against UeFA to shut it down. So the sheeple meekly accepted another large spoonful of shite and the favoured clubs were meekly accepted as being an elite,rather than money grabbing seeking to maximise profits at the expense of everyone else.

We saw, initially with Chelsea, the media vilified them and their Abromovich investment until they were finally such a huge threat to European clubs as well, they had to become absorbed ( extra CL qualifying places given to English, Italian, German and Spanish clubs ). Once absorbed, the media vilification largely stopped against Chelsea and the public soon forgot about the issue and accepted them as one of the favoured elite.

With City, there was no room left for absorbtion into the elite and the threat of City had to be stopped...at all costs. We were and are still vilified by the gutter, money earning media, the FFP was brought in to curtail our spending and eventually City were forced to bypass UeFA and take them on at CAS to remove an imposed 2yr ban for doing absolutey nothing wrong.

Until the Arab takeover last year, Newcastle were everybodys' 2nd club. Plucky Newcastle destroyed by a tycoon tyrant. Arab takeover = media change of tack and now we see them also being treated negatively.

The media are agents for the establishment clubs, UeFA, the FA, the Premier League Plc who have relied on those establishmnet clubs to create the £billions they feed off. The public are sheeple, happy to swallow the shite the media spoonfeed them.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby stevefromdonny » Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:08 am

Bluemoon4610 wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Good article from Gary

And the annoying thing about that is they could look up all his facts themselves from proven sources - but they won't.

come on, most of them carnt read
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby patrickblue » Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:45 am

john68 wrote:I have believed for many years that the rags, Arse and the Dippers and the football public's concept of those entitities is largely a media construct built bu a compliant media, that earned £billions from positively publicising them. The sheeple being the sheeple simply absorbed the shite they were/are spoonfed and so a concept becomes solid and treated as truth.

No mention in the media whatsoever regarding the G14 acts of coersion and the threats against UeFA to shut it down. So the sheeple meekly accepted another large spoonful of shite and the favoured clubs were meekly accepted as being an elite,rather than money grabbing seeking to maximise profits at the expense of everyone else.

We saw, initially with Chelsea, the media vilified them and their Abromovich investment until they were finally such a huge threat to European clubs as well, they had to become absorbed ( extra CL qualifying places given to English, Italian, German and Spanish clubs ). Once absorbed, the media vilification largely stopped against Chelsea and the public soon forgot about the issue and accepted them as one of the favoured elite.

With City, there was no room left for absorbtion into the elite and the threat of City had to be stopped...at all costs. We were and are still vilified by the gutter, money earning media, the FFP was brought in to curtail our spending and eventually City were forced to bypass UeFA and take them on at CAS to remove an imposed 2yr ban for doing absolutey nothing wrong.

Until the Arab takeover last year, Newcastle were everybodys' 2nd club. Plucky Newcastle destroyed by a tycoon tyrant. Arab takeover = media change of tack and now we see them also being treated negatively.

The media are agents for the establishment clubs, UeFA, the FA, the Premier League Plc who have relied on those establishmnet clubs to create the £billions they feed off. The public are sheeple, happy to swallow the shite the media spoonfeed them.

That is all so true.

What I was always amazed by was the fact that they claim the PL fixture lists have always been randomly computer generated, yet through the entire period of the "big four" (Rags, vermin, Chelsea and Arse) they always played each other on the same weekends. Big four weekends were a fixture in the sporting calender, like the boat race and Grand National. All on and promoted by Sky of couse.

I've always thought of Chelsea as a rich scrap metal dealer moving in amongst the gentry, tolerated because they didn't really affect the status quo, and bought lots of rounds at the golf club,

City and now Newcastle are a totally different kettle of fish, because there's no more room in the gated community, and some of the (en)titled aristocrats will have to leave to make way.

And the media have quite an easy job as the British sheep are still pretty fond of forelock tugging,

Newcastle became the new City, everyone's "second" club, although, like City, that means the butt of everyone else's jokes.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:08 pm

stevefromdonny wrote:
Bluemoon4610 wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Good article from Gary

come on, most of them carnt read

You're quite correct, I never thought that through properly, did I :D
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Mase » Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:07 pm

Not sure who this guy is but he is spot on..

Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby nottsblue » Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:05 pm

Mase wrote:Not sure who this guy is but he is spot on..

Absolutely nailed it
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:16 pm

They're really hurting. More so than I've ever seen them hurt. To the point where they think we're "lonely" at the top and the real party is going on below.

Words escape me. And that's fucking rare

https://www.varsity.co.uk/sport/22707
"Alvarez haters must be squirming"
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby nottsblue » Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:39 pm

Original Dub wrote:They're really hurting. More so than I've ever seen them hurt. To the point where they think we're "lonely" at the top and the real party is going on below.

Words escape me. And that's fucking rare

https://www.varsity.co.uk/sport/22707

Quite an astonishing piece of journalism

For all the wrong reasons
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:34 pm

On the BBC feed that dippers have asked for postponement of EFL Semi v Arsenal due to covid, very predictable is that
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
My favourite player is: David Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum