Transfer rumours

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Transfer rumours

Postby Outcast » Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:05 pm

hayling22 wrote:I would just be happy in this window if we can get McAtee signed up. He looks a great prospect, and at least give him a run out on Friday

It's up to him, he can do a Foden or a Sancho. Look how it worked for the latter.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:26 pm

Outcast wrote:
hayling22 wrote:I would just be happy in this window if we can get McAtee signed up. He looks a great prospect, and at least give him a run out on Friday

It's up to him, he can do a Foden or a Sancho. Look how it worked for the latter.

Foden, for my money, still has a lot to prove. And these last two months havent filled me with confidence. Regardless of what he does on the pitch, he is at a point or coming to a point in his life, which will dictate his path. He could be a superstar or he could easily let his career go from stella to good but should have done better
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Outcast » Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:54 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Outcast wrote:

Foden, for my money, still has a lot to prove. And these last two months havent filled me with confidence. Regardless of what he does on the pitch, he is at a point or coming to a point in his life, which will dictate his path. He could be a superstar or he could easily let his career go from stella to good but should have done better

He was magic against Brentford and we missed him against Arsenal. Yes he had off games but no worse than KDB. he's a country mile ahead of Sancho. A game changer. I agree he needs to do more to be a superstar as suppose to just 'very good'.
Outcast

Postby salford city » Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:09 am

Reading Ramsey is an 'outgoing player' according to Juve but that he has turned down Burnley as he is looking for a more high profile club. How have the mighty fallen. Not exactly ripped up any trees in such a possession based league
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:08 am

salford city wrote:Reading Ramsey is an 'outgoing player' according to Juve but that he has turned down Burnley as he is looking for a more high profile club. How have the mighty fallen. Not exactly ripped up any trees in such a possession based league

He’s stole a living for the majority of his career .
Made out of plasticine!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby sheblue » Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:21 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
salford city wrote:Reading Ramsey is an 'outgoing player' according to Juve but that he has turned down Burnley as he is looking for a more high profile club. How have the mighty fallen. Not exactly ripped up any trees in such a possession based league

Made out of plasticine!

Burnley are too good for him.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby stupot » Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:58 pm

sheblue wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Made out of plasticine!

Burnley are too good for him.

Rags!!!
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby CTID Hants » Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:43 pm

How reliable is that Balague fella? The beeb running an "article" reckoning Barca COULD sign Haaland in the summer.

Apparently they are on the brink of a €1.5 BILLION loan landing courtesy of Goldman Sachs mainly for the stadium rebuild, this addition to €595M they owe Goldman Sachs!!!!

It does go on to say they will need to off load a bunch of high earners, which they will struggle to do

Probably just click bait shit?
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Bobvilla » Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:17 pm

Usually reliable concerning anything Barca related. He wrote the Pep Biography and seems to have a pretty good idea of internal affairs in it. That being said, I can't see how they could even begin to afford Haaland. He's the cherry that goes on the icing and cake they don't have
Bobvilla
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

My favourite player is: Kdb

Postby salford city » Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:52 am

Bobvilla wrote:Usually reliable concerning anything Barca related. He wrote the Pep Biography and seems to have a pretty good idea of internal affairs in it. That being said, I can't see how they could even begin to afford Haaland. He's the cherry that goes on the icing and cake they don't have

Exactly
No fucking way is he going there. Us or the german rags
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Nick » Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:55 am

Coutinho joined villa on loan wow.

Barca are a joke with the finance situation.

Trippier to geordies done.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Mase » Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:57 am

Nick wrote:Coutinho joined villa on loan wow.

Glad Coutinho has gone there. He’s shite and will take up a good chunk of wages. Hope Gerrard slips up.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby PeterParker » Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:16 am

Mase wrote:

Glad Coutinho has gone there. He’s shite and will take up a good chunk of wages. Hope Gerrard slips up.

I think he promised he will make him good again. :lol:
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby john@staustell » Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:57 am

So they need to lower their wage bill to register Torres. So Villa get Coutinho on loan, Barca are so desperate. So if his loan falls flat/breaks leg etc etc, would he be left unregistered etc??

Hope he has a good agent!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Dimples » Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:04 am

No idea who where Haaland goes but it is unlikely to be us?
We did not get Lukaku end of the 19/20 season.
We did not get Kane end of the 20/21 season.
There was not a long queue of suitors for either.
We are going for Haaland end of 21/22 season and everyone wants him.
Real are sponsored by the Spanish state. Never forget that they are called Real (meaning Royal) for a reason.
Barca represent Catalonia and the money follows.
Ditto for Munich and Bavaria.
IMO those three are favorites ahead of us. These are the original State sponsored/sports washing clubs. The money will be available and the rules bent accordingly to facilitate the signing.
Outsiders are the Rags. A money generating machine with massive influence and Chelsea who could splash the cash. So could Newcastle but it is to early in their project to interest Haaland? Dippers don't have the money. The Italians don't have the money.
The money involved will be huge, more than we have spent on a single player before.
I put us joint fourth favs with the Rags and Chelsea. I make the Spanish favorites.
La Liga will be desperate for Haaland to join and the money could be found and legitimized. Also, all sorts of obstacles will be put in our way if we get close to a deal. No way will the continentals want to see it happen. Same goes for Rags, Dippers and Chelsea. They would do whatever they can to stop it.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby PeterParker » Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:07 am

Dimples wrote:No idea who where Haaland goes but it is unlikely to be us?
Real are sponsored by the Spanish state. Never forget that they are called Real (meaning Royal) for a reason.
IMO those three are favorites ahead of us. These are the original State sponsored/sports washing clubs. The money will be available and the rules bent accordingly to facilitate the signing.
Outsiders are the Rags. A money generating machine with massive influence and Chelsea who could splash the cash. So could Newcastle but it is to early in their project to interest Haaland? Dippers don't have the money. The Italians don't have the money.
The money involved will be huge, more than we have spent on a single player before.
I put us joint fourth favs with the Rags and Chelsea. I make the Spanish favorites.
La Liga will be desperate for Haaland to join and the money could be found and legitimized. Also, all sorts of obstacles will be put in our way if we get close to a deal. No way will the continentals want to see it happen. Same goes for Rags, Dippers and Chelsea. They would do whatever they can to stop it.

Agree. The more I look at it, the more I think we are going to get Nunez from Benfica.
No idea why we are not after Vlahovic.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:59 am

PeterParker wrote:

Agree. The more I look at it, the more I think we are going to get Nunez from Benfica.
No idea why we are not after Vlahovic.

Real Madrid having Mbappe and Haaland I think is unlikely. Haaland is imo replacing Lewdowski.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Paul68 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:34 pm

Mase wrote:

Gerrard never slips....

oh wait.......
I wish there was a way to know you are in the good old days....before you've actually left them...
Paul68
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: All the 17-18!

Postby Outcast » Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:37 pm

There is no way he's going to Barcelona. Real going for Baps, with salary restrictions, I doubt they can afford two superstars on high wages. I'm not sure he fancies staying in Germany, I wouldn't rule out Munchens. The rags, I wouldn't rule them out as they have the power to over spend but footballing terms they're not attractive proposition. I doubt Chelsea will go for him when they spunked 100m on Lukaku, they'll have to flog him first. If we can entertain his agent, we have a big chance, the fact is FIFA are introducing 10% cap on all agents commission in 2022/23 season might have just played into our hands. His agent is desperate to get the deal done this summer. Besides, I had a dream he signed for us, it's happening.
Outcast

Postby hayling22 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:45 pm

I would never rule The Rags out of signing Haaland....They love bright new expensive toys to unwrap...The problem is once the novelty has worn off, they lie broken and discarded on the floor, ready to be chucked out, beyond repair
hayling22
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Dennis Tueart

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum