Transfer rumours

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Transfer rumours

Postby Kippax Sean » Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:07 pm

Did I hear right Pogba has been offered an new lucrative contract with scumbags? Lol. Hopefully he signs.
Kippax Sean
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Kun Aguero / Neil mcnab

Postby Dimples » Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:01 am

Kippax Sean wrote:Did I hear right Pogba has been offered an new lucrative contract with scumbags? Lol. Hopefully he signs.

Seemingly so to stop their £90M investment leaving for nothing. Talk about throwing good money after bad. Rumoured that offer would make Pogba highest paid player in the PL. Truely the Rags have gone insane. Pogba is a disruption. SAF was right to get rid of him.
Good news though as it is something like double what Salah is currently on. Salah has 18 months left on his contract but he will be 31 when it expires. Dippers caught between a rock and a hard place. Age catches up with everyone. Currently they need a motivated Salah or they are in trouble but FSG will not want to give him what he wants, 4 years at top $$$$$.
The next contract negotiation will probably start with Salah's agent discussing Pogba's offer :lol:
How long before Salah downs tools?
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby sheblue » Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:40 am

hayling22 wrote:I would never rule The Rags out of signing Haaland....They love bright new expensive toys to unwrap...The problem is once the novelty has worn off, they lie broken and discarded on the floor, ready to be chucked out, beyond repair

Of all the clubs mentioned I think the rags are the least likely. Barcelona might be a mess but at least they have a manager who knows something about football, depends on whether they can raise the money, that looks unlikely.
Real have their hearts set on mbappe, its a done deal.

Munich are the biggest threat they will have the money. He could go there and win the league for the rest of his career. How boring that would get though. If he has any balls, we present more of a challenge.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Two's Kompany » Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:56 am

Bayern and Real will go head-to-head in my opinion.
I listened to an educated journo, on the European round-up on 5Live, after PSG had rejected Real's summer bid for Mbappe. He said Real were all over Mbappe AND Haaland because they could get the pair for less than £70m in the summer of 2022. Yeah high wages but they have always paid top whack.
Since 2019 they've been fairly prudent so have been working towards it I reckon.
Bayern will lose Lewandowski and go all out for Haaland.
Two's Kompany
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Anyone in a City shirt!

Postby Mase » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:07 am

Rags paid Raiola €27m via Juve for Pogba. A similar thing will happen here and it’ll just depend who pays him the most. I can’t see Bayern doing that. Real and Barca will. 50/50 if we decide to.

The way around it for us is paying Alfie a fee - we cancelled his contract a year early because it had an injury clause in it, so I’m sure we can pay him a fee for that year plus a bit more for the suffering it caused.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby blues2win » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:03 am

I don’t know about 50 50. If we want Haaland we have to go all in or not bother. That means sucking up a fat fee for Raiola whichever way it’s done. If he prefers La Liga that’s that. If he wants the most competitive league in the world with the best manager in the world and a fantastic squad we’ll get him. It would help if Pep would extend by June. It could be the difference. I can live with Haaland going elsewhere as long as we go all in and as long as he doesn’t go to the rags. The latter seems very unlikely.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Outcast » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:20 am

blues2win wrote:I don’t know about 50 50. If we want Haaland we have to go all in or not bother. That means sucking up a fat fee for Raiola whichever way it’s done. If he prefers La Liga that’s that. If he wants the most competitive league in the world with the best manager in the world and a fantastic squad we’ll get him. It would help if Pep would extend by June. It could be the difference. I can live with Haaland going elsewhere as long as we go all in and as long as he doesn’t go to the rags. The latter seems very unlikely.

He didn't actually say he prefers La Liga, he said he would like to play there one day and the hacks latched on as if it's his preferred destination.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby PeterParker » Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:30 pm

I agree with all the Haaland post, but I think we need to ask ourselves, what is our plan B if we fail to sign him.
Last summer we did not have any, are we going to do that again this year?

Vlahovic, Kane, Nunez and maybe Isak are the names that keep on poping out.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby john68 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:53 am

I keep reading all this hupeabout Haarland and wonder if we really need him.

Our recent buying strategy has been to ignore the media superstars and go slightly under the radar.
None of City's recent signings have been in the media 'superstar bracket' despite reports we were interested. (I think Grealish being the exception)
Ronaldo. Messi, Van Dyke, Sanchez, Pogba, Mbappe, and a number of others were all linked by the media with City at some point and for a variety of reasons never landed. City never paid the price and in fairness, it didn't stop us forging on, winning trophies and dominating English football, breaking record after record, like no other team in English football history.

Maybe we City fans underrate the reputations of Bernardo, Dias, Rodri KDB, Cancelo etc.

Considering the way we play, the balance of the team, the way that individual egos seem to be subservient to the team ethic, and, to me importantly the manner in which our own kids like Foden, Palmer have played, and the likes of McAtee pushing....Do we really need to chase the likes of Haarland?
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:33 am

john68 wrote:I keep reading all this hupeabout Haarland and wonder if we really need him.

Our recent buying strategy has been to ignore the media superstars and go slightly under the radar.
None of City's recent signings have been in the media 'superstar bracket' despite reports we were interested. (I think Grealish being the exception)
Ronaldo. Messi, Van Dyke, Sanchez, Pogba, Mbappe, and a number of others were all linked by the media with City at some point and for a variety of reasons never landed. City never paid the price and in fairness, it didn't stop us forging on, winning trophies and dominating English football, breaking record after record, like no other team in English football history.

Maybe we City fans underrate the reputations of Bernardo, Dias, Rodri KDB, Cancelo etc.

Considering the way we play, the balance of the team, the way that individual egos seem to be subservient to the team ethic, and, to me importantly the manner in which our own kids like Foden, Palmer have played, and the likes of McAtee pushing....Do we really need to chase the likes of Haarland?

I don't think we would necessarily need him or another galactico forward for that matter, for the remainder of this season. And arguably, even next season. Whilst Pep is at the helm and we continue to play like we have for the last season and a half in the system we employ, we will very likely continue to be very successful.

However, we cant play forever without a forward and Peps replacement may take us in a different direction style wise. And if a generational talent is available now then maybe we should go for him in the summer, if only for future campaigns. Better to secure him now and get him used to the PL so we benefit from his best years. The same would apply for Mbappe
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby dick dastardley » Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:38 pm

How can Barca get haaland they can't even get Torres onboard!!
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:48 pm

Just reading that Tommy Doyle and Taylor H-B might be cancelling their loans to move to other clubs in Jan, again on loan.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:04 pm

dick dastardley wrote:How can Barca get haaland they can't even get Torres onboard!!

They're gonna sell the rest of their 1st team squad. It'll be Haaland and the under 21s......
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:12 pm

That Forest right back Spence will do
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Dimples » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:58 am

nottsblue wrote:
john68 wrote:I keep reading all this hupeabout Haarland and wonder if we really need him.

I don't think we would necessarily need him or another galactico forward for that matter, for the remainder of this season. And arguably, even next season. Whilst Pep is at the helm and we continue to play like we have for the last season and a half in the system we employ, we will very likely continue to be very successful.

However, we cant play forever without a forward and Peps replacement may take us in a different direction style wise. And if a generational talent is available now then maybe we should go for him in the summer, if only for future campaigns. Better to secure him now and get him used to the PL so we benefit from his best years. The same would apply for Mbappe

Our transfer policy suggests Pep is desperate for a proven center forward.
We tried to get Lukaku - he turned us down.
We tried to get Kane - Levy turned us down.
Both transfers would have been mega £££ deals.
(We were in discussions with Ronaldo).

We will be in for Haaland (or similar) and will have no problem paying the big bucks (if it does not cause squad issues).
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Mase » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:08 am

Dimples wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Our transfer policy suggests Pep is desperate for a proven center forward.
We tried to get Lukaku - he turned us down.
We tried to get Kane - Levy turned us down.
Both transfers would have been mega £££ deals.
(We were in discussions with Ronaldo).

We will be in for Haaland (or similar) and will have no problem paying the big bucks (if it does not cause squad issues).

I think getting a top top CF will convince Pep to extend. He seems desperate to get an out and out CF, maybe he wants one last tactical alteration before he leaves us.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nick » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:24 pm

Whats all this lukaku rejects us bollocks
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Mase » Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:04 pm

Nick wrote:Whats all this lukaku rejects us bollocks

He read in the paper that we were interested so he decided to reject us. I think that’s how it worked.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:36 pm

I think they like to use the word “snub” for these imaginary situations, don’t they?
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Dubciteh » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:36 pm

Mase wrote:Just reading that Tommy Doyle and Taylor H-B might be cancelling their loans to move to other clubs in Jan, again on loan.

Any idea why? I know doyle wasnt playing so makes sense but HB looks to have been playing. Worrying for both of them, cant see any making it with us altho i had hopes for HB.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum