Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:34 pm

On the BBC feed that dippers have asked for postponement of EFL Semi v Arsenal due to covid, very predictable is that
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby salford city » Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:34 pm

Robotic elegance? Haha fuck off you bitter, bitter bastards.
We are robotic whilst red scouse kick and rush is somehow entertaining? Bless
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby salford city » Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:36 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:On the BBC feed that dippers have asked for postponement of EFL Semi v Arsenal due to covid, very predictable is that

Could not make this shit up. What's up boys, don't fancy going up against arsenal eh? Shit-houses
salford city

Postby Dimples » Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:42 pm

salford city wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:On the BBC feed that dippers have asked for postponement of EFL Semi v Arsenal due to covid, very predictable is that

Could not make this shit up. What's up boys, don't fancy going up against arsenal eh? Shit-houses

As long as they are made play two legs - no worries.
Let their fixture backlog pile up, let them wait for Salah and Mane, then keep flogging them to death.
They look like they are tiring already, that will only get worse because of their over reliance on Salah and Mane.
Also how long before Salah gets pissed off? He is carrying them almost on his own and they will not give him what he wants contract wise.
Unless Klopp reverts to type and throws the LC and FA cup ties by fielding weakened teams this is good news for us.
Decreases their chances and increases our chances in both the PL and CL.
Crazy as it sounds but the pack (Arse, Spurs, WH, Rags) are not that far behind Liverpool so they cannot afford to switch of in the PL and focus on the CL.

I think Liverpool and Klopp are unraveling slowly and the Yanks are not going to release the cash to bail them out.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby nottsblue » Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:08 pm

Dimples wrote:
salford city wrote:

Let their fixture backlog pile up, let them wait for Salah and Mane, then keep flogging them to death.
They look like they are tiring already, that will only get worse because of their over reliance on Salah and Mane.
Also how long before Salah gets pissed off? He is carrying them almost on his own and they will not give him what he wants contract wise.
Unless Klopp reverts to type and throws the LC and FA cup ties by fielding weakened teams this is good news for us.
Crazy as it sounds but the pack (Arse, Spurs, WH, Rags) are not that far behind Liverpool so they cannot afford to switch of in the PL and focus on the CL.

I think Liverpool and Klopp are unraveling slowly and the Yanks are not going to release the cash to bail them out.

Agree whole heartedly mate. Hopefully the EFL will tell them to fuck off. There can’t be many other dates these fixtures can be played
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:15 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Dimples wrote:
salford city wrote:

Agree whole heartedly mate. Hopefully the EFL will tell them to fuck off. There can’t be many other dates these fixtures can be played

I wouldn't trust that shower of cunts they are up to something, hope they are made to play the tie.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Postby salford city » Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:39 am

[/quote]
Agree whole heartedly mate. Hopefully the EFL will tell them to fuck off. There can’t be many other dates these fixtures can be played[/quote]
I wouldn't trust that shower of cunts they are up to something, hope they are made to play the tie.[/quote]

They are struggling to put a decent team out and trying it on. 2nd leg is scheduled for next week and the FA cup starts at weekend so not a lot of wriggle room. I remember the lower tier teams having to either put the kids out or forfeit their FA cup games recently and they played villa's kids as a result. Same should apply here, get on with it. Mind, I would not be mithered if they put it back and added to the fixture pile-up for them either - win-win
salford city

Postby Mase » Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:56 am

They wanted it done in one match rather than two legs, so they’re just spitting their dummy out. Do they actually realise they’re going to have to play all these matches at some point? Or are they doing this so that when they win fuck all again they can use this as an excuse - “oh we had soooo many matches!”
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby salford city » Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:03 am

Mase wrote:They wanted it done in one match rather than two legs, so they’re just spitting their dummy out. Do they actually realise they’re going to have to play all these matches at some point? Or are they doing this so that when they win fuck all again they can use this as an excuse - “oh we had soooo many matches!”

My money is on your last sentence..also, think they can see the PL slipping away and think this league cup is a more realistic trophy
salford city

Postby Outcast » Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:19 am

Trevor Sinclair is an utter embarrassment to City. No wonder they allow him airtime. Just fucking cringe when I hear him talking.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:16 pm

Outcast wrote:Trevor Sinclair is an utter embarrassment to City. No wonder they allow him airtime. Just fucking cringe when I hear him talking.

What's he said?
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby stupot » Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:18 pm

Just heard on Sky Sports News that Steven Gerrard is writing an autobiography.
Only problem is it doesn't have a title :D :D
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:02 pm

stupot wrote:Just heard on Sky Sports News that Steven Gerrard is writing an autobiography.

Must have slipped off the front cover
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:07 pm

salford city wrote:

Breaking news on BBC that EFL confirm postponement
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:28 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:
stupot wrote:Just heard on Sky Sports News that Steven Gerrard is writing an autobiography.

Must have slipped off the front cover

:lol: :lol: :lol:
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:32 pm

Bluemoon4610 wrote:
salford city wrote:

Wonder how much say Arsenal had in the decision?

After all they are a big part of the equation. Could they have dug their heels in? There’s no love lost between the clubs, especially after the Luis Suarez transfer fiasco
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby salford city » Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:42 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Bluemoon4610 wrote:
salford city wrote:

After all they are a big part of the equation. Could they have dug their heels in? There’s no love lost between the clubs, especially after the Luis Suarez transfer fiasco

Interesting to see whether they play the FA cup tie with a weakened team or request to pull that as well? Surely they will have to pull that now
salford city

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:51 pm

salford city wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Bluemoon4610 wrote:
salford city wrote:

Interesting to see whether they play the FA cup tie with a weakened team or request to pull that as well? Surely they will have to pull that now

They normally play the under 23s with Milner as captain in the FA cup! Hopefully the FA have more backbone and tell them to fulfill the fixture or forfeit it. Given the next couple of midweek games are now taken with the rearranged League Cup semi final, it doesn’t leave many options to play it, especially before the next round commences. And once European competition starts again it further diminishes the slots available.
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby salford city » Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:01 pm

Interesting to see whether they play the FA cup tie with a weakened team or request to pull that as well? Surely they will have to pull that now[/quote]
They normally play the under 23s with Milner as captain in the FA cup! Hopefully the FA have more backbone and tell them to fulfill the fixture or forfeit it. Given the next couple of midweek games are now taken with the rearranged League Cup semi final, it doesn’t leave many options to play it, especially before the next round commences. And once European competition starts again it further diminishes the slots available.[/quote][/quote]

That was where I was going re the kids. If they play, they're effectively saying we didn't want to put out a weakened team against the arse because they would lose. Playing against the shrews is the easier option so if the game goes ahead, they have taken the piss out of a system that allowed them to
salford city

Postby branny » Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:23 pm

Klopps players getting plenty of rest. Thought that's what he wanted. ;)
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum