Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby patrickblue » Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:07 pm

Covid victims aren't they.

When all this omicron thing dies down they'll probably discover a scouse variant.
Last edited by patrickblue on Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Mase » Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:09 pm

There shouldn’t be any COVID issues as Klopp was so adamant about the vaccine. Has it not worked Adolf? Still not signing anyone unvaxxed?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:25 pm

patrickblue wrote:Covid victims aren't they.

When all this omicron thing dies down they'll probably discover a scouse variant.

Victimvirus39
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Bear60 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:42 pm

salford city wrote:Interesting to see whether they play the FA cup tie with a weakened team or request to pull that as well? Surely they will have to pull that now

They normally play the under 23s with Milner as captain in the FA cup! Hopefully the FA have more backbone and tell them to fulfill the fixture or forfeit it. Given the next couple of midweek games are now taken with the rearranged League Cup semi final, it doesn’t leave many options to play it, especially before the next round commences. And once European competition starts again it further diminishes the slots available.[/quote][/quote]

That was where I was going re the kids. If they play, they're effectively saying we didn't want to put out a weakened team against the arse because they would lose. Playing against the shrews is the easier option so if the game goes ahead, they have taken the piss out of a system that allowed them to[/quote]

My mate has got me a ticket with the Shrewsbury supporters he is saying that its still on at the moment .
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby salford city » Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:03 pm

Bear60 wrote:
salford city wrote:Interesting to see whether they play the FA cup tie with a weakened team or request to pull that as well? Surely they will have to pull that now

They normally play the under 23s with Milner as captain in the FA cup! Hopefully the FA have more backbone and tell them to fulfill the fixture or forfeit it. Given the next couple of midweek games are now taken with the rearranged League Cup semi final, it doesn’t leave many options to play it, especially before the next round commences. And once European competition starts again it further diminishes the slots available.
[/quote]

That was where I was going re the kids. If they play, they're effectively saying we didn't want to put out a weakened team against the arse because they would lose. Playing against the shrews is the easier option so if the game goes ahead, they have taken the piss out of a system that allowed them to[/quote]

My mate has got me a ticket with the Shrewsbury supporters he is saying that its still on at the moment .[/quote]

Cool mate. My 14 year old daughter moved back up here to live with me in November from her Ma in Wem
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:58 pm

False 9s, traditional 9s and playing without a 9: Analysing Guardiola’s strikerless Manchester City

Too long to copy here so I've made a pdf

https://ia601402.us.archive.org/8/items ... e%209s.pdf
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby RodneyRodney » Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:04 pm

patrickblue wrote:Covid victims aren't they.

. . .if only they were Typhoid victims - the whole , entire city.
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby Sideshow Bob » Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:25 pm

ed woodward out?? no!!!
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby sheblue » Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:31 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:ed woodward out?? no!!!

Bad day so far.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby salford city » Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:31 pm

How are they going to follow him -fred the red maybe
salford city

Postby salford city » Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:46 pm

salford city wrote:

How are they going to follow him -fred the red maybe

Am reading it's their current MD, Arnold who has been in charge of day-to-day activities. Nothing to see here, crack on mate, if you're already in charge of the day-to-day, then you will do for me.
salford city

Postby Mase » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:33 am

Eight men who sued Manchester City after saying they were abused by paedophile Barry Bennell more than 30 years ago have lost a High Court fight.
The men said he abused them when they played for teams he coached in north-west England between 1979 and 1985.
Mr Justice Johnson ruled that it had not been shown that City was "legally responsible for Bennell's acts of abuse".
The lawyer who represented the men said they were "shocked and dismayed".
The men, now in their 40s and 50s, claimed Bennell was a scout for City when they were abused and argued the relationship between the paedophile and the Premier League club was "one of employment or one akin to employment".
City denied the claims and told the court the 68-year-old was a local scout in the mid-1970s but not when the men were abused.
Bennell, who is in prison after being convicted of numerous sexual offences against children in recent years, denied being linked to City in the 1980s when he gave evidence during the High Court trial.

I really feel for the guys that have had their lives ruined by this monster. But blaming City because they previously employed him isn’t right, and correctly got thrown out.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:48 am

Mase wrote:Eight men who sued Manchester City after saying they were abused by paedophile Barry Bennell more than 30 years ago have lost a High Court fight.
The men said he abused them when they played for teams he coached in north-west England between 1979 and 1985.
Mr Justice Johnson ruled that it had not been shown that City was "legally responsible for Bennell's acts of abuse".
The men, now in their 40s and 50s, claimed Bennell was a scout for City when they were abused and argued the relationship between the paedophile and the Premier League club was "one of employment or one akin to employment".
City denied the claims and told the court the 68-year-old was a local scout in the mid-1970s but not when the men were abused.
Bennell, who is in prison after being convicted of numerous sexual offences against children in recent years, denied being linked to City in the 1980s when he gave evidence during the High Court trial.

I really feel for the guys that have had their lives ruined by this monster. But blaming City because they previously employed him isn’t right, and correctly got thrown out.

I'd have done the nonce in when I grew up - though I've read that of course he only picked on quieter, weaker boys. I'm afraid that I'm a bit old school Mase - most of us had pretty traumatic childhoods in some way back in the day - Can't help thinking some people only came forward declaring a ruined life when they heard the 2 words Manchester and City
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Mase » Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:03 pm

john@staustell wrote:
Mase wrote:Eight men who sued Manchester City after saying they were abused by paedophile Barry Bennell more than 30 years ago have lost a High Court fight.

I'd have done the nonce in when I grew up - though I've read that of course he only picked on quieter, weaker boys. I'm afraid that I'm a bit old school Mase - most of us had pretty traumatic childhoods in some way back in the day - Can't help thinking some people only came forward declaring a ruined life when they heard the 2 words Manchester and City

Hopefully he’ll be getting the kicking he deserves in prison now. Obviously won’t help the people who have had their lives ruined.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:38 pm

Look at this off the BBC feed - :

Jurgen Klopp says a Covid outbreak that led to the postponement of Liverpool's Carabao Cup semi-final first leg at Arsenal had "a lot of false positives".

The Reds said a "severe outbreak" at the club meant they could not field a team against the Gunners.

However, Klopp says defender Trent Alexander-Arnold is the only player to actually test positive.

Who is taking the piss out of who? Always smell a rat with this shower of cunts
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:47 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:Look at this off the BBC feed - :

Jurgen Klopp says a Covid outbreak that led to the postponement of Liverpool's Carabao Cup semi-final first leg at Arsenal had "a lot of false positives".

The Reds said a "severe outbreak" at the club meant they could not field a team against the Gunners.

However, Klopp says defender Trent Alexander-Arnold is the only player to actually test positive.

Always offended never ashamed

A truly despicable football club
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:34 pm

Only the other day I read their Dutch defender wotsisname was moaning how many cases they had had and how few we had had, except now it emerges they haven’t.

False positives, aka lies. Fucking scouse twats. Imagine their outrage if their opponents had done this. Fucking vermin the lot of them.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Dimples » Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:13 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:Look at this off the BBC feed - :

Always offended never ashamed

A truly despicable football club

Has any other club had this problem of "a lot of false positives"?
Thought not. Any retrospective action planned but the PL? Thought not.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Two's Kompany » Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:18 pm

Miseryside Police will investigate!!!!!!!
Two's Kompany
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Anyone in a City shirt!

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:40 am

Dimples wrote:Has any other club had this problem of "a lot of false positives"?
Thought not. Any retrospective action planned but the PL? Thought not.

Perhaps it is linked to other substances they have put in their bodies.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum