Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:01 am

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59903274

BBC team of the season so far. What a joke ! I know it’s based on fan votes but shame on the BBC for even considering giving it coverage.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Scatman » Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:48 am

Dubaimancityfan wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59903274

BBC team of the season so far. What a joke ! I know it’s based on fan votes but shame on the BBC for even considering giving it coverage.

Safe to say the vast majority who take notice of and vote on the BBC website are from the South East.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby salford city » Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:23 am

Scatman wrote:

Safe to say the vast majority who take notice of and vote on the BBC website are from the South East.

At least it gives those fans something to celebrate - little victories and all that.
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby patrickblue » Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:12 am

Scatman wrote:

It's not that exactly, it's because our player ratings on the BBC are always marked down by the hoards of armchair dwelling red shite followers, both scouse and manc.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:16 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Scatman wrote:

It's not that exactly, it's because our player ratings on the BBC are always marked down by the hoards of armchair dwelling red shite followers, both scouse and manc.

I also vote on this - just to try to balance the red shite I go through their games giving scores of 1 to all their players. Perhaps we need more doing it - or am I just wasting my time... :?:
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Dimples » Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:39 am

Anything voted on by fans is pointless.
It is a numbers game, fans are biased, players from clubs with the biggest fan bases 'win'.
Keeps the clicks rolling in so media are happy out.

Just a complete waste of time if you want objectivity.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Tokyo Blue » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:16 am

Only the league table really matters.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Outcast » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:47 am

Bluemoon4610 wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
Scatman wrote:

I also vote on this - just to try to balance the red shite I go through their games giving scores of 1 to all their players. Perhaps we need more doing it - or am I just wasting my time... :?:

Wasting your time! Everything about the BBC is prehistoric. I truly despise them. Came really close to strangling the ex when said they're ' impartial'! Maybe that's we're divorced
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:01 pm

Outcast wrote:
Bluemoon4610 wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
Scatman wrote:

Wasting your time! Everything about the BBC is prehistoric. I truly despise them. Came really close to strangling the ex when said they're ' impartial'! Maybe that's we're divorced

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Outcast » Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:05 pm

https://www.mailplus.co.uk/edition/comm ... r-in-court

Wtf!! should the current owners be accountable for past ownership mishap?

I feel for the victims, however this cunt is using their misfortune to bash city. Just when you thought this cunt can't sink any lower
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Mase » Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:12 pm

Outcast wrote:https://www.mailplus.co.uk/edition/comment/143966/manchester-city-should-never-have-made-the-men-horribly-abused-as-boys-by-barry-bennell-face-this-malevolent-predator-in-court

I feel for the victims, however this cunt is using their misfortune to bash city. Just when you thought this cunt can't sink any lower

The victims knew it was a possibility they’d have to see the horrible cunt, so it’s on them for trying to make money from a rich club just because we once employed someone. The whole thing makes no sense and I’m not sure why it even went to court as he wasn’t employed by City during the period they were abused.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:06 pm

Mase wrote:
Outcast wrote:https://www.mailplus.co.uk/edition/comment/143966/manchester-city-should-never-have-made-the-men-horribly-abused-as-boys-by-barry-bennell-face-this-malevolent-predator-in-court

The victims knew it was a possibility they’d have to see the horrible cunt, so it’s on them for trying to make money from a rich club just because we once employed someone. The whole thing makes no sense and I’m not sure why it even went to court as he wasn’t employed by City during the period they were abused.

They saw a potential payout and saw the pound signs. Most probably egged on by the solicitors and other hangers on, also sniffing a payday. They got what they deserved, which was nothing
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:38 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:

They saw a potential payout and saw the pound signs. Most probably egged on by the solicitors and other hangers on, also sniffing a payday. They got what they deserved, which was nothing

They were after a payday. Out of court £ would have been a win. Disgusting what happened, however they should be ashamed of themselves.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby salford city » Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:58 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:

They were after a payday. Out of court £ would have been a win. Disgusting what happened, however they should be ashamed of themselves.

Just about sums it up. Yes terrible things happened and the kiddy fiddler is banged up and hopefully getting a few pastings but his actions are not on us and the solicitors knew this and were chancing their arms on us caving to avoid a publicity scandal which we rightly did not do so yes, shame on the law firms
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:14 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Scatman wrote:

I do it all the time. Razzer always gets one of the lowest scores as the Dippers/Rags et al love marking him down in games, same with all our players. Therefore, I always give them a shit score, even if they were a star player.

I don’t mind giving the BBC their clicks in this case, just a bit of fun and makes me chuckle.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby littlebig » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:16 am

salford city wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:

Just about sums it up. Yes terrible things happened and the kiddy fiddler is banged up and hopefully getting a few pastings but his actions are not on us and the solicitors knew this and were chancing their arms on us caving to avoid a publicity scandal which we rightly did not do so yes, shame on the law firms

Cynical to say that they were just out for $$.

Victims of these crimes usually just want justice and for the truth to come out.
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby Mase » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:11 am

littlebig wrote:Cynical to say that they were just out for $$.

Victims of these crimes usually just want justice and for the truth to come out.

They got that in the first case. He’s behind bars now. This particular case was against City, not Bennell. It was 100% for money.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Nickyboy » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:43 pm

Mase wrote:
littlebig wrote:Cynical to say that they were just out for $$.

They got that in the first case. He’s behind bars now. This particular case was against City, not Bennell. It was 100% for money.

And apparently they refused to take part in the compensation scheme city immediately set up (which was deemed to be fair) as obviously these lawyers told them they could get them more.
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:53 pm

Anyone that thinks this is not about money need to give themselves a slap around the face...for an hour!!....its 100% about trying to fleece City out of millions for a fucking crime they didn't commit....anyone with even half a brain knows this.

Sometimes I wish the 'do gooders' took over a business and were sued for something the last owners were supposedly guilty of....id love to see their attitudes then.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Original Dub » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:45 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Anyone that thinks this is not about money need to give themselves a slap around the face...for an hour!!....its 100% about trying to fleece City out of millions for a fucking crime they didn't commit....anyone with even half a brain knows this.

Sometimes I wish the 'do gooders' took over a business and were sued for something the last owners were supposedly guilty of....id love to see their attitudes then.

100pc
"Alvarez haters must be squirming"
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Haaland

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum