Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby Outcast » Wed May 11, 2022 8:38 am

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... d-26931749

Pep isn't holding back these days. I hope he carries on and build a seige mentality. It's time the club started banning some of those so called journo parasites. The friendly open approach isn't working.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed May 11, 2022 9:34 am

Hes gone into overdrive against the wankers...........Good !!!!

He should have done this a while ago IMO and also the club itself should also have adopted a vocal ''fuck you'' against the haters.

P.S John68 - this is why its fuckign important NOT to ignore the trash said about our club and to actually fight against the BS that's spouted about us - your approach to this was to ignore it.....how wrong you are .

Watch on youtube.com
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mase » Wed May 11, 2022 9:43 am

Agreed Carl, we can’t and shouldn’t ignore it. They’ll just keep doing it. Pep is playing a blinder at the moment.

Former Ohio State quarterback and rookie FBI agent Johnny Utah (Keanu Reeves) assists experienced agent Angelo Pappas (Gary Busey) in investigating a string of bank robberies by the "Ex-Presidents": a gang of robbers who wear rubber masks of Ronald Reagan, Jimmy Carter, Richard Nixon and Lyndon B. Johnson. Rather than robbing the vault, they only demand the cash the tellers have in their drawers, and are gone within ninety seconds.

Pursuing Pappas's theory that the criminals are surfers, Utah goes undercover to infiltrate the surfing community. He fabricates a personal family tragedy to persuade orphaned surfer and restaurant waitress, Tyler Endicott (Lori Petty) to teach him to surf, after she saves him from drowning during his first attempt at surfing. Through her, he meets Bodhi (Patrick Swayze), the charismatic leader of a gang of surfers consisting of Roach (James LeGros), Grommet (Bojesse Christopher), and Nathanial (John Philbin). The group are initially wary of Utah, but accept him when Bodhi recognizes him as the former college football star who quit the sport due to a knee injury. As he masters surfing, Utah finds himself increasingly drawn to the surfers' adrenaline-charged lifestyle, Bodhi's philosophies, and Tyler. Following a clue retrieved by analyzing toxins found in the hair of one of the bank robbers, Utah and Pappas lead an FBI raid on another gang of surfers, resulting in the deaths of two of them. The raid inadvertently ruins a DEA undercover operation, as those surfers were wanted for separate charges regarding drug dealing, but they are disproven to be the Ex-Presidents.

At a campfire that night, it is confirmed that Bodhi and his gang are the Ex-Presidents. Tyler discovers Utah's FBI badge and angrily terminates their relationship after briefly holding him at gunpoint. Shortly afterwards, Bodhi aggressively recruits Utah into going skydiving with the group and he accepts. After the jump, Bodhi reveals that he knows Utah is an FBI agent and has arranged for his friend Rosie (Lee Tergesen), a non-surfing thug, to hold Tyler hostage. Utah is blackmailed into participating in the Ex-Presidents' last bank robbery of the summer. As a result, Grommet, along with an off-duty cop (Anthony Mangano) and a bank guard (John Apicella), who both attempt to foil the robbery—are killed. Outraged by Grommet's death, Bodhi knocks Utah out and leaves the scene.

Defying their superior and FBI director, Ben Harp (John C. McGinley) who arrests Utah for the armed robbery, Pappas and Utah head to the airport where Bodhi, Roach, and Nathanial are about to leave for Mexico. During a shootout, Pappas and Nathanial are killed and Roach is seriously wounded. With Roach aboard, Bodhi forces Utah onto the plane at gunpoint. Once airborne and over their intended drop zone, Bodhi and Roach put on their parachutes and jump from the plane, leaving Utah to take the blame. With no other parachutes available, Utah jumps from the plane with Bodhi's gun and intercepts him. After landing safely, Utah's knee gives out again, allowing Bodhi to escape Utah's grasp. Bodhi meets with Rosie and releases Tyler. Roach dies of his wounds, and Bodhi and Rosie leave with the money, with Tyler and Johnny watching on.

Nine months later, Utah tracks Bodhi to Bells Beach in Victoria where a record storm is producing lethal waves. This is an event Bodhi had talked about experiencing, calling it the "50-Year Storm". Utah attempts to bring Bodhi into custody, but Bodhi refuses. During a brawl in the surf, Utah manages to handcuff himself to Bodhi, who begs Utah to release him so he can ride the once-in-a-lifetime wave. Knowing Bodhi will not come back alive, Utah releases him, bids him farewell, and sees him step towards the wave. While the authorities watch Bodhi surf to his death, Utah walks away, throwing his FBI badge into the ocean.

That’s honestly why City are the best.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby PeterParker » Wed May 11, 2022 9:48 am

Absolutely buzzing, to be honest.

This is what I want from him. I can forget the brainfarts, but go all out after these cunts. Understand what it means to be City.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Original Dub » Wed May 11, 2022 10:01 am

Agree with all of the above.

He's highlighting the anti-city bias in all aspects of the game regularly now. No one has ever done that for us before and I hope to fuck he signs on ASAP. It will make it all the sweeter if it's announced straight after we (hopefully) win the league.

Followed by a dipper loss in the chumps final
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby sheblue » Wed May 11, 2022 10:37 am

Original Dub wrote:Agree with all of the above.

He's highlighting the anti-city bias in all aspects of the game regularly now. No one has ever done that for us before and I hope to fuck he signs on ASAP. It will make it all the sweeter if it's announced straight after we (hopefully) win the league.

His performance post Madrid has been absolutely class.
In my opinion it will get us over the line.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed May 11, 2022 10:58 am

and in the fa cup final
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Wed May 11, 2022 11:34 am

Totally agree, kind of find it heart warming to hear Pep showing his passion for his work and the club
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Dimples » Wed May 11, 2022 11:56 am

At least some media outlets are highlighting how poor ('corrupt') Moss's performance was last night.
I was gobsmacked when Stevie G stated that his first half performance should be investigated.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Wed May 11, 2022 12:05 pm

Dimples wrote:At least some media outlets are highlighting how poor ('corrupt') Moss's performance was last night.
I was gobsmacked when Stevie G stated that his first half performance should be investigated.

PIGMOL ramped up now, wouldn’t be surprised if we got a red card tonight probably Rodri or a defender so they will miss the remaining games
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire

Postby Mase » Wed May 11, 2022 12:06 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:
Dimples wrote:At least some media outlets are highlighting how poor ('corrupt') Moss's performance was last night.

PIGMOL ramped up now, wouldn’t be surprised if we got a red card tonight probably Rodri or a defender so they will miss the remaining games

A CB getting a red or injured tonight would be a nightmare!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby sheblue » Wed May 11, 2022 12:35 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:

I think, hope, that were prepared for this stuff. Reasonable to assume that the management team and playing staff discuss this on a regular basis. And therefore are prepared for and expecting it.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby nottsblue » Wed May 11, 2022 12:40 pm

sheblue wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:

I think, hope, that were prepared for this stuff. Reasonable to assume that the management team and playing staff discuss this on a regular basis. And therefore are prepared for and expecting it.

Can’t do anything if the opposition kicks lumps out of you with no punishment though
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Original Dub » Wed May 11, 2022 2:31 pm

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2022/05/11/e ... ster-city/

He's leaving us already.

Fucking gutted.
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Postby salford city » Wed May 11, 2022 2:33 pm

Original Dub wrote:https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2022/05/11/erling-haaland-is-already-being-tipped-to-leave-manchester-city/

He's leaving us already.

Fucking gutted.

Shit, so soon - not to worry
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby carolina-blue » Wed May 11, 2022 2:34 pm

salford city wrote:
Original Dub wrote:https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2022/05/11/erling-haaland-is-already-being-tipped-to-leave-manchester-city/

He's leaving us already.

Fucking gutted.

Shit, so soon - not to worry

Hahahahahahaha they can’t hide their fear
Fucking laughable,
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby gmercer1 » Wed May 11, 2022 5:18 pm

He's leaving us already.

Fucking gutted.

Was nice whilst it lasted........may have to bring Bony back in at this rate
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Original Dub » Thu May 12, 2022 12:21 pm

So, kdb's form has dipped in thr last few months, taking him out of the top 3 for poty.

But salah gets in?

Ok Jason, sounds spot on.

https://talksport.com/football/1107816/
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Postby stupot » Thu May 12, 2022 12:24 pm

Original Dub wrote:So, kdb's form has dipped in thr last few months, taking him out of the top 3 for poty.

But salah gets in?

Alan Brazil and Ally McCoist slaughtered him this morning for saying that.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby PeterParker » Thu May 12, 2022 1:09 pm

Original Dub wrote:So, kdb's form has dipped in thr last few months, taking him out of the top 3 for poty.

But salah gets in?

Are these people for real?
It's not even biased anymore, I think it's frustration? Delusion?

I was never a fan of the likes of Gerrard, Giggs, Scholes, Cantona, etc, but I would lose all my reputation (if I had their job) saying they were not top top players. Or saying now that someone like the Ginger Socrates is not in the top 3.
Ffs, he might be the best ever playmaker Belgian football ever produced, better than Scifo.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum