Transfer rumours

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Transfer rumours

Postby Mase » Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:01 pm

Southampton have signed Manchester City goalkeeper Gavin Bazunu for a reported £12m.

The 20-year-old, who has played 10 times for the Republic of Ireland, has signed a five-year deal.

Bazunu was named players' player of the year at Southampton's neighbours Portsmouth in 2021-22 after a successful loan move in League One.

He never played for City's first team after joining three years ago from Shamrock Rovers.

He has made 84 first-team club appearances for League of Ireland side Rovers, Rochdale during a loan spell in 2020-21 and Pompey.

Southampton keeper Fraser Forster joined Tottenham on a free transfer this summer so Bazunu is likely to rival Alex McCarthy for the number one role.

"Gavin is a very exciting addition to the squad," said Southampton manager Ralph Hasenhuttl.

"He is a goalkeeper with a very modern style of play, comfortable in the build-up phase, who has developed physically through some very important loan moves early in his career.

"He is already an international goalkeeper, which is very rare for his age."

Bazunu said: "I feel like it's a place I can come and develop and learn my game. The biggest thing is opportunity - the fact that I can come here and have a chance to play regular football."

Soft twat! Hope he’s playing for Bristol Rovers next year.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby City64 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:48 pm

stupot wrote:
City64 wrote:
stupot wrote:
Mase wrote:
City64 wrote:Jesus must be fucking off his rocker going to Arsenal. Who the fuck would want to go to that circus to win absolutely fuck all at the worst club in London ????
The lad has just about won everything with City in his young career he must have mental issues even contemplating a move to that laughing stock of a football club .

Agree completely. It seems like he’s putting all his faith in Arsenal keeping Arteta. He could be sacked in 2 months and another manager that realises Jesus isn’t a starter comes in and he’s back to the bench, but for a team that will win fuck all and aren’t in the CL.

I disagree completely. Arteta has done well with the kids but can't handle big name egos. He improved massively on the previous year and got in the Europa so if he improves again he can be challenging Chelsea and Tottenham for 3rd a nd 4th. If he gets sacked then it's up to Gab to impress a new manager and keep a starting spot. It's going to be easier than at our place.
I don't get the " worst club in London" bit. Definitely 2nd after Chelsea,, they might have come below Tottenham this year but they've won countless trophies since Spuds last one

Arsenal have been underachieving for well over a decade despite spending fortunes . Even Brentford are punching their weight higher than Arsenal.

They've won 4 F A Cups in the last decade

But have underperformed in the PL and gone backwards. Wimbledon won a fucking FA Cup !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby stupot » Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:36 pm

So did Wigan but they didn't win 4 in 10 years
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Dimples » Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:06 pm

Mase wrote:Liverpool accepted £35m from Bayern for Mane. If Arsenal think they can fuck about with £30m for Jesus just move on from them. We do what’s best for the club.

Media reports saying his salary will be almost trebled at Bayern from £6M to £17M.
If accurate he was paid way below the market rate at Liverpool and £4M less than Salah.
If Salah is running down his contract, that has to affect his performances. No way is he going to risk being injured and he cannot possibly have the same focus and drive. Human nature.
Liverpool's front four will be, an uncommitted Salah eyeing his next move, Diaz who has only played a handful of PL games, Nunez who has had one successful season in Portugal and two major knee operations and Jota who is useful but not elite.
Out of those four only Salah would get a place in our starting eleven imo.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby patrickblue » Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:36 pm

Dimples wrote:
Mase wrote:Liverpool accepted £35m from Bayern for Mane. If Arsenal think they can fuck about with £30m for Jesus just move on from them. We do what’s best for the club.

Media reports saying his salary will be almost trebled at Bayern from £6M to £17M.
If accurate he was paid way below the market rate at Liverpool and £4M less than Salah.
If Salah is running down his contract, that has to affect his performances. No way is he going to risk being injured and he cannot possibly have the same focus and drive. Human nature.
Liverpool's front four will be, an uncommitted Salah eyeing his next move, Diaz who has only played a handful of PL games, Nunez who has had one successful season in Portugal and two major knee operations and Jota who is useful but not elite.

I'm happier to see Mane go than I would be Salah.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby City64 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:26 am

stupot wrote:So did Wigan but they didn't win 4 in 10 years

So you are saying if gabby decides to go to Arsenal he can expect to win one FA cup a loads of Thursday night Europa third rate games but absolutely nothing else ? Seems logical after winning almost everything with City !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:02 am

patrickblue wrote:
Dimples wrote:

Not sure, Salah is lazy Mane was the catalyst for the press. I think they will miss him, Salah not sure but he likes his way…
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:35 am

City64 wrote:

So you are saying if gabby decides to go to Arsenal he can expect to win one FA cup a loads of Thursday night Europa third rate games but absolutely nothing else ? Seems logical after winning almost everything with City !

The whole “he’ll get first team football at Arsenal” line is silly. He’ll get first team football at Bolton too. Arsenal are in a terrible state - still paying off their stadium and not putting enough to transfers. They’re not CL and they win nothing. I’d love it if Arteta got binned 2 months into the season if Jesus went there.
Last edited by Mase on Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby stupot » Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:00 am

City64 wrote:

So you are saying if gabby decides to go to Arsenal he can expect to win one FA cup a loads of Thursday night Europa third rate games but absolutely nothing else ? Seems logical after winning almost everything with City ![/quot
e]I don't understand what you want me to say mate. He's got 1 year left on his contract, he's never been a regular starter with us and he's got less chance of games now if he stays. He wouldn't get in the dippers team, he wouldn't get in Spuds with their front 3. A team like Arsenal who've won more than most recently and are in Europe and fan challenge for top 4 is the best he's going to get if he wants to stay in the Prem
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby nottsblue » Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:38 am

patrickblue wrote:
Dimples wrote:

So am I

I’ve a few pals who are dipper fans and none are happy to see him go. They know it’s the start of the team break up, which is always inevitable as it goes, but they’d prefer Salah to have gone and Mane to have stayed
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Dimples » Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:26 pm

nottsblue wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
Dimples wrote:

So am I

I’ve a few pals who are dipper fans and none are happy to see him go. They know it’s the start of the team break up, which is always inevitable as it goes, but they’d prefer Salah to have gone and Mane to have stayed

According to a large portion of media reports I have read, Liverpool are evolving their style of play for next season.
Nunez is central to this new style (so are Thiago, TAA and Roberstson) and Mane will not be missed. At least nothing like he would have been in previous seasons. That moving him on was great business as he is 30 and they got what the paid for him plus six years service.

I wonder what they would have been writing if he extended his contract?
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby patrickblue » Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:08 pm

Had he stayed and they extended his contract the narrative would be he's irreplaceable.
Yet to see what Nunez is like, but AFAIC, he's got a hard act to follow.
I'm a huge fan of Mane (very grudgingly, I might add) and always felt he'd have been superb for us, especially in those all too frequent games of trying to tippy tap it past an eleven man back line.
As I say, Nunaz is an unknown quantity (to me at least), but I'd imagine Mane's power through the middle will be hugely missed, though fortunately not by me.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Original Dub » Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:39 pm

I think Mane has been one of the best finishers in world football over the last few years.

I'm not saying he was the best striker because perhaps he drops too deep sometimes or isn't in the right place when the ball comes in, but when he is... absolutely clinical.

He'll be a huge miss, but as said, the focus will be on nunez and their evolution.

Just like when salah decided to run down the last year of his contract, the headlines were all about "salah commits to Liverpool for the coming season".

That one was a corker
"Alvarez haters must be squirming"
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby Mase » Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:43 pm

Original Dub wrote:I think Mane has been one of the best finishers in world football over the last few years.

I'm not saying he was the best striker because perhaps he drops too deep sometimes or isn't in the right place when the ball comes in, but when he is... absolutely clinical.

He'll be a huge miss, but as said, the focus will be on nunez and their evolution.

Just like when salah decided to run down the last year of his contract, the headlines were all about "salah commits to Liverpool for the coming season".

That one was a corker

When Rio interviewed him before the CL final and he said “I’m staying next season” and Rio took that as he was signing a new contract and Salah corrected him and said, no he’s staying next season and that’s it :lol: BT still ran with ‘Salah is staying’
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:16 pm

Mase wrote:
Original Dub wrote:I think Mane has been one of the best finishers in world football over the last few years.

That one was a corker

When Rio interviewed him before the CL final and he said “I’m staying next season” and Rio took that as he was signing a new contract and Salah corrected him and said, no he’s staying next season and that’s it :lol: BT still ran with ‘Salah is staying’

Genuine question Mase, where on earth is Salah going to go ? Madrid are struggling for cash Barca are bankrupt. Bayern don't need him . Juve ? Milan, PSG?

He , like Mane is the wrong end of the age range, these are difficult times.

The woke generation are finding out what mortgage interest rate hikes mean. It is about time.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Mase » Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:20 pm

I reckon now Mbappe has turned down Real, they’ll go all out for Salah mate.

Salah apparently has said he would prefer to stay in the Prem, even if it’s for a rival :lol:
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:52 pm

Mase wrote:I reckon now Mbappe has turned down Real, they’ll go all out for Salah mate.

Salah apparently has said he would prefer to stay in the Prem, even if it’s for a rival :lol:

fair enough , but he wont risk diving around like in the past . Heaven forbid he gets a long term injury , i mean , he's an old tosser now.
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Dimples » Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:30 pm

If I was Salah I would go to Newcastle.
He has won everything there is to win with Liverpool :lol:
Time to cash in.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:12 am

Chelsea coming in for Sterling...

I'm getting all excited.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby zuricity » Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:23 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Chelsea coming in for Sterling...

I'm getting all excited.

just had to Switch Desert Island Discs off for a few minutes.
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum