Transfer rumours

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Transfer rumours

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:37 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:I don’t McCatee going anywhere on loan especially if we empape Bernie and the others .

I feel this player will be world class .

We are going to drench Bernardo? Or make him Pope? There have been four Pope Sergios but never a Pope Bernardo as far as I can find.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby john68 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:58 pm

Wooders wrote:All names that are ok to go (apart from bernie) we need a good squad refresh and these boys will be on good salaries

Whilst I agree with that general idea Wooders, I would fear so much change so quickly could damage us in the short term.
We have seen that Pep's strategies seem to take a second season to take fruit and we have statements like those from Vinnie; that in Pep's first season his instructions sounded like a foreign language. Grealish has confessed his confusion and difficulty understanding Pep. We are a second season team for most players and we can witness the likes of Rodri and Cancelo who only flourished in their second season.

Though I agree that change is necessary to cement our position at the very top table, losing Sterling, Jesus, Bernardo, etc could hurt us at the point where we are about to push on to that crucial next level.

Evolution rather than revolution. Hopefully, Haaland, a left back and Alvarez, coupled with the promotion of some of our kids who are knocking on the door will strengthen and soilidify our continued rise.

Just a thought
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby patrickblue » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:46 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:I don’t McCatee going anywhere on loan especially if we empape Bernie and the others .

I feel this player will be world class .

We are going to drench Bernardo? Or make him Pope? There have been four Pope Sergios but never a Pope Bernardo as far as I can find.

While our Sergio was actually a god.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Outcast » Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:08 pm

I just don't think Barcelona can afford Bernie, but who knows. Can't say I'm sad to see Sterling leave, can't say I'm bothered to see Jesus leave but squad wise we're weaker unless we got replacement lined up or academy players stepping up. I can see Palmer stepping up to replace Sterling. Do you think we'll move for Rice if Bernie leaves? Great engine, tenacity and the will to improve, I'm sure under Pep hell's improve positionally and passing wise, he'll evolve under his guidance. Personally, if Bernie leaves, we must go for Bellingham at any cost, he's the only player can replace him like for like.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby City64 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:26 pm

Barcelona have to pay a long term dept of around €400 million next month or go bust . Bernardo isn’t going there calm the fuck down everyone. Sterling on the other hand is apparently going somewhere…….
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:43 pm

City64 wrote:Barcelona have to pay a long term dept of around €400 million next month or go bust . Bernardo isn’t going there calm the fuck down everyone. Sterling on the other hand is apparently going somewhere…….

......hopefully
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Dimples » Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:19 pm

For several games last season, CL and PL, our bench was packed with inexperienced high potential youngsters.
If five go, Fern, Jesus, Sterling, Bernie and Zinch, we are going to be pushed for experience if injuries hit. Plus those five know how to play in Pep's systems.
If we get four in, Haaland, Alvarez, Phillips and Cucurella, combined with the youngsters we will be fine for 23/24.
The biggest loss by far would be Bern. That would really hurt us.

Overall for 22/23 we will be weaker if all of the above happens. But still good enough to win the PL. We would be fantastic come 23/24 before Haaland moves to RM :lol:
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:50 am

Bernie has to be thinkIng wage reductions club is broke, I need to stay here.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:15 am

Bern isn’t going. He’ll buy a house in Cheshire and have a baby.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:24 am

BBC/MUFC TV NW pushing Sterling to the Chavs this morning in the absence of any red glory stories to plug from their swamp partners they settle for a negative City one.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby salford city » Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:32 am

johnny crossan wrote:BBC/MUFC TV NW pushing Sterling to the Chavs this morning in the absence of any red glory stories to plug from their swamp partners they settle for a negative City one.

21.5 M are they having a fucking laugh
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby john68 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:25 am

Though I remain one of Sterlings biggest critics, my biggest criticism being his indecision in front of goal and therefore the wasteage of good scoring opportunities, plus his inability to score what many of us consider to be sitters. He does however often ( as JC says) get us upfield quickly as well as scoring his share of goals.

Losing Sterling means that those qualities and goals have to be replaced. Do we currently have anyone who can supply that speed of attack and those goals as well as giving us improved decision making and shooting accuracy in front of goal?
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Sideshow Bob » Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:22 pm

even if sterling's replacement lacks his outright pace and movement, the likely upgrade in nearly everything else - possession, passing, decision making, defending, finishing, and courage in big games - would more than make up for it. sterling has held us back for 2+ years and now wants out. it's time to move on.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Mase » Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:11 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:even if sterling's replacement lacks his outright pace and movement, the likely upgrade in nearly everything else - possession, passing, decision making, defending, finishing, and courage in big games - would more than make up for it. sterling has held us back for 2+ years and now wants out. it's time to move on.

The fact he was offered a new contract 18 months ago and has tried to do the Milner trick of “I want to play more” and strung us along, sacked his agent, still not signed - tells us all we need to know. Apparently the club have become annoyed by it as well and instead of trying to convince him to stay they’re willingly pursuing a sale.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:12 pm

john68 wrote:Though I remain one of Sterlings biggest critics, my biggest criticism being his indecision in front of goal and therefore the wasteage of good scoring opportunities, plus his inability to score what many of us consider to be sitters. He does however often ( as JC says) get us upfield quickly as well as scoring his share of goals.

Losing Sterling means that those qualities and goals have to be replaced. Do we currently have anyone who can supply that speed of attack and those goals as well as giving us improved decision making and shooting accuracy in front of goal?

Grealish is probably the best dribbler at the club yet has been held back or not felt comfortable running at players because of the instructions to not lose the ball. But Foden and Sterling run at players, they also lose the ball, but still chip in with a lot of important goals.

Next year we will see whether this 2nd year thing really is true, as if Grealish steps up then we won't need to worry about not having Sterling, plus Mahrez will get more games.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Mase » Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:16 pm

On the future of Silva, Guardiola added: "As of today, I think Bernardo will continue at Man City next season - but as I always said, I don’t like to keep players that are unhappy.

"This is our intention, although I don’t like to keep players at Man City that are unhappy."
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby patrickblue » Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:35 pm

Mase wrote:Bern isn’t going. He’ll buy a house in Cheshire and have a baby.

But he hasn't got a womb!
Where's the foetus going to gestate?
In a box?
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Mase » Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:24 pm

patrickblue wrote:

In a box?

That’s not very woke of you Patrick. Don’t you know men can have babies now. What a world we live in :lol:
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:26 pm

Mase wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

In a box?

That’s not very woke of you Patrick. Don’t you know men can have babies now. What a world we live in :lol:

it is the right of every man ( or woman).
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:10 pm

zuricity wrote:
Mase wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

In a box?

it is the right of every man ( or woman).

Judean People's Front?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum