January 23 transfer window.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: January 23 transfer window.

Postby Indianablue » Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:34 pm

Mendy worst off the pitch for the club. Yaya Toure was brilliant for most of the time on the pitch. Created a shit storm at times off the pitch, not a favourite of mine as a result. Cancelo is a good player but weak defensively. His problem was that he didnt like being played out of position and he couldn't handle it, performance suffered as a result. Should have accepted it, been grateful to get game time and learned to play in his new position. Not all players get to play where they want, but the very best can play anywhere
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Francis Lee

Postby blues2win » Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:40 pm

One bit of good news is that I saw some suggestion that Gundogan wants to stay and is negotiating an extension. We can I’ll afford to lose both Bernardo and Gundogan n’est summer. We’ll really miss Bernardo in my view.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Mase » Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:14 pm

blues2win wrote:One bit of good news is that I saw some suggestion that Gundogan wants to stay and is negotiating an extension. We can I’ll afford to lose both Bernardo and Gundogan n’est summer. We’ll really miss Bernardo in my view.

Bern hasn’t played well for months. Last season he had a class patch from about October to Jan and then dipped again. We’ll miss his running definitely, but he doesn’t score loads of goals or get loads of assists. I think he’s replaceable.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby nottsblue » Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:11 pm

Mase wrote:
blues2win wrote:One bit of good news is that I saw some suggestion that Gundogan wants to stay and is negotiating an extension. We can I’ll afford to lose both Bernardo and Gundogan n’est summer. We’ll really miss Bernardo in my view.

Bern hasn’t played well for months. Last season he had a class patch from about October to Jan and then dipped again. We’ll miss his running definitely, but he doesn’t score loads of goals or get loads of assists. I think he’s replaceable.

Absolutely Mase
His best years are well behind him now. Cracking player and top bloke for us in his prime but his hunger has been satisfied I feel
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby sheblue » Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:26 pm

Eventually Gundo could be a very good addition to the coaching set up.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mase » Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:03 pm

sheblue wrote:

His Mrs won’t let him stay in Manchester beyond his playing career, that’s for sure. She had a moan last season.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby sheblue » Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:05 pm

Mase wrote:
sheblue wrote:

His Mrs won’t let him stay in Manchester beyond his playing career, that’s for sure. She had a moan last season.

Ah for fuck sake what is wrong with these lads have they no balls at all.
What is the world coming to.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mase » Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:15 pm

sheblue wrote:
Mase wrote:
sheblue wrote:

Ah for fuck sake what is wrong with these lads have they no balls at all.
What is the world coming to.

She said something about there being no decent restaurants and the food was horrible.

I’m sure Pep joked that she’d not been to his restaurant.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nick » Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:48 pm

She likes the new Japanese though :D
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Mase » Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:25 pm

Sounds like nothing sinister with Cancelo. He wanted to play every match, we couldn’t guarantee it and he got off -

Watch on youtube.com
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby blues2win » Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:45 pm

Both Cancelo and Pep keen to play down any feud. City want to maintain the possibility he’ll be back next season even if he almost certainly won’t be. Gives them some limited bargaining power on a transfer fee.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby carolina-blue » Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:49 pm

I like the way Pep called out the Hateful 8/9
And he hasn't Forgot love it
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Scatman » Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:18 pm

Mase wrote:Sounds like nothing sinister with Cancelo. He wanted to play every match, we couldn’t guarantee it and he got off -

Watch on youtube.com

He almost said "Stones is always injured" but thought better of it.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Mase » Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:44 pm

Scatman wrote:
Mase wrote:Sounds like nothing sinister with Cancelo. He wanted to play every match, we couldn’t guarantee it and he got off -

Watch on youtube.com

He almost said "Stones is always injured" but thought better of it.

:lol: He said as much last season. Something along the lines of “there’s players that don’t want to play if they have a slight knock, and there’s Phil who wants to play when injured”. Coincided with another Stones injury.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:10 pm

Here we go..

Joao Cancelo may be too expensive to make his loan move permanent any time soon, admits Bayern Munich chief Hasan Salihamidzic...
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Two's Kompany » Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:06 pm

Mase wrote:Here we go..

Joao Cancelo may be too expensive to make his loan move permanent any time soon, admits Bayern Munich chief Hasan Salihamidzic...

I'm shocked!!!!!!!!!!

We've backed ourselves into a corner with this one. Basically said he's not welcome which just gives the buying side the power to chip a big chunk off the asking price.
Two's Kompany
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Anyone in a City shirt!

Postby Dimples » Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:26 pm

Two's Kompany wrote:

I'm shocked!!!!!!!!!!

We've backed ourselves into a corner with this one. Basically said he's not welcome which just gives the buying side the power to chip a big chunk off the asking price.

Cancelo moving has nothing to do with money.
Pep wanted him fucked out, at short notice, and the club backed Pep. Pep needed to assert his authority which presumably was being tested by Cancelo.
Ferguson got rid of loads of players for similar reasons, Stam, Keane, Ince, Mc Grath, Beckham, etc...
Nothing to do with resale value. City prepared to take the financial hit to back Pep.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:26 pm

Dimples wrote:
Two's Kompany wrote:

I'm shocked!!!!!!!!!!

Pep wanted him fucked out, at short notice, and the club backed Pep. Pep needed to assert his authority which presumably was being tested by Cancelo.
Ferguson got rid of loads of players for similar reasons, Stam, Keane, Ince, Mc Grath, Beckham, etc...
Nothing to do with resale value. City prepared to take the financial hit to back Pep.

pour encourager les autres
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Two's Kompany » Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:01 am

Dimples wrote:
Two's Kompany wrote:

I'm shocked!!!!!!!!!!

Of course it does to an extent. We've said he's available for £61.5m
They're now baulking at the price, because, as you say, they know we want him out. But that gives them leverage.
Two's Kompany
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Anyone in a City shirt!

Postby salford city » Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:41 am

Two's Kompany wrote:
Dimples wrote:
Two's Kompany wrote:

I'm shocked!!!!!!!!!!

Of course it does to an extent. We've said he's available for £61.5m
They're now baulking at the price, because, as you say, they know we want him out. But that gives them leverage.

The club has quite rightly backed Pep no issue with that. Not a chance Cancelo returns whilst Pep is here and no doubt the german rags will have our pants down with a transfer but he is their problem now
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum