england v brazil in november

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

england v brazil in november

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:34 am

its been reported that in nov, that the fa want englaand to play brazil in qater. now i thought that them dates in november was for teams that had finished in 2nd place. i can see capello saying that the prem is too long and we need a break in winter, so why go and play against brazil, wouldnt it be better for the players to have a couple of weeks off. i know city are going to our owners that week, but its a winter trainning sesson in the sun. but i forgot the fa would get 1 mill to play this game.
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Re: england v brazil in november

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:37 am

Stupid game. England players won't want to get injured & a half hearted, half paced game is right up Brazil's street. In a real full blooded contest, imo, England would absolutely slaughter Brazil right now but a showpony game like this just gives Brazil chance to fart around unchallenged & have a big confidence boost for the World Cup. Nonesense planning.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Rag_hater » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:18 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Stupid game. England players won't want to get injured & a half hearted, half paced game is right up Brazil's street. In a real full blooded contest, imo, England would absolutely slaughter Brazil right now but a showpony game like this just gives Brazil chance to fart around unchallenged & have a big confidence boost for the World Cup. Nonesense planning.

Thats the attitude that ensures England will never win a major competition.
Imo Brazil would slaughter England in any game, whether it be a friendly showpony game or a real full blooded contest.
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Scatman » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:23 am

Rag_hater wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Stupid game. England players won't want to get injured & a half hearted, half paced game is right up Brazil's street. In a real full blooded contest, imo, England would absolutely slaughter Brazil right now but a showpony game like this just gives Brazil chance to fart around unchallenged & have a big confidence boost for the World Cup. Nonesense planning.

Thats the attitude that ensures England will never win a major competition.
Imo Brazil would slaughter England in any game, whether it be a friendly showpony game or a real full blooded contest.

how does that attitude ensure england will never win a major competition?
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Rag_hater » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:32 am

I think that when you are playing a team like Brazil players shouldnt be to concerned whether they are gonna get injured or not.The honour of playing for your country I feel should be enough to ensure a 100% effort.
If the fans and players feel it is a meaningless game I think this attitude is negative.
Rag_hater

Postby Kyle » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:16 pm

Rag_hater wrote:I think that when you are playing a team like Brazil players shouldnt be to concerned whether they are gonna get injured or not.The honour of playing for your country I feel should be enough to ensure a 100% effort.
If the fans and players feel it is a meaningless game I think this attitude is negative.

But it is clearly a meaningless game. It literally means nothing. Qualifying warms teams up for the world cup, maybe have a friendly or two in the spring to wipe off the cobwebs. This would be completly stupid because there is no reason to risk injuries. When you are at the world cup, then you dont think of injuries and give it your all. But to play in a friendly and risk injuries for the tourney that actually matters makes no sense at all. Brazil are really weak defensivly and if England played them right now, they would win.
Kyle
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:32 pm

Rag_hater wrote:I think that when you are playing a team like Brazil players shouldnt be to concerned whether they are gonna get injured or not.The honour of playing for your country I feel should be enough to ensure a 100% effort.

Brazil aren't what they used to be so there'd be very little excitement in playing them. Imo only Kaka would get in the England team & only Robbie, Pato & possibly Alvez would get on the bench. They're nowhere near England, Spain, Holland & possibly quite a few others & will have their worst world cup since the 70's. I can see them getting turned over by some unfashionable teams. 3rd worst Brazil team I've ever seen.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Rag_hater » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:27 am

You beat the mighty Croatia and all you deluded Englishmen think you are the best team in the world.
That team that is apperently the worst Brazil squad for a long time just beat the world champs in a competition for a cup and have just beat a team called Argentina at their own house.
According to FIFA who arrange these major tournaments and are regarded as knowing what they are talking about have that shit Brazil side above the Mighty England by quite a few places.In fact they have them ranked as No1 above teams like Spain and Holland.
Brazil would wipe the floor with you.
Just goes to show how deluded you are if you think only Kaka is good enough to make the Mighty England team.
Rag_hater

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:34 am

Rag_hater wrote:You beat the mighty Croatia and all you deluded Englishmen think you are the best team in the world.
That team that is apperently the worst Brazil squad for a long time just beat the world champs in a competition for a cup and have just beat a team called Argentina at their own house.
According to FIFA who arrange these major tournaments and are regarded as knowing what they are talking about have that shit Brazil side above the Mighty England by quite a few places.In fact they have them ranked as No1 above teams like Spain and Holland.
Brazil would wipe the floor with you.
Just goes to show how deluded you are if you think only Kaka is good enough to make the Mighty England team.

While I have nothing to say about actual subject, I wouldn't use FIFA's silly World Ranking as any sort of measure for anything. They have USA 11th, Greece 12th, Australia 14th, Switzerland 15th and Chile 21st. Countries like Ireland are behind Gabon (I dare anyone to name one player from Gabon) and Sweden behind Northern Ireland. The further down you go, the more obscure it gets. Kaza
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Rag_hater » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:38 am

Well I would rather use FIFA's ranking system than some deluded England fans
There is another system thats called ELO which is a bit more accurate (maybe) which has the shit Brazil as No1 as well.
The mighty England as 4 still below the shit Brazil
Rag_hater

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:01 am

Rag_hater wrote:Well I would rather use FIFA's ranking system than some deluded England fans
There is another system thats called ELO which is a bit more accurate (maybe) which has the shit Brazil as No1 as well.

Did you see the Argentina game? Did you think Brazil played good football?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Abu Dhabi » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:04 am

Julio, Maicon, Alves, Robinho, Kaka, Fabiano, Pato.. for example.. and thats just in one breathe..
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The Citizens

Postby Abu Dhabi » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:13 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:Well I would rather use FIFA's ranking system than some deluded England fans

Under Dunga,

Brazil beat Argentina 3-0 , 3-0 and 3-1
Brazil beat Italy 2-0 and 3-0
Beat Portugal 6-2

Yeah they dont play good football.
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby john@staustell » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:17 am

Abu Dhabi wrote:Julio, Maicon, Alves, Robinho, Kaka, Fabiano, Pato.. for example.. and thats just in one breathe..

Elano?????

You think an English Robinho would displace Gerard, or Lampard, or Barry in a Capello England side/system? Or maybe Rooney? Just in one breath! No chance. Fabiano for Heskey I'll give you!

England have played Brazil many times and win some, draw some, lose some, most notably in 1970 WC (1-0 and the Banks master-save) when both sides had their best teams for many a long year, if not ever.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Rag_hater » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:18 am

Ted Hughes wrote:

I'm afraid I didnt see the match just the goals on Youtube.However watching a dull game doesn't bother me.I've seen plenty 1 more wont kill me.The result is far more important to me.
Rag_hater

Postby Robinho_Is_GOD » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:31 am

Easy win for Brazil.......Don Fabio or no Don Fabio, England simply don't have the players with enough talent to beat sides that are as good as Brazil.

Brazil 3 England 1 (and that is being kind to us).
Robinho_Is_GOD
pot noodle style supporter
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Robinho

Postby Fish111 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:45 am

Rag_hater wrote: apperently the worst Brazil squad for a long time just beat a team called Argentina at their own house.

That's not exactly hard to to do is it, they have lost 4 out of their last 5 matches.

CITYSTEVEDON wrote: but i forgot the fa would get 1 mill to play this game.

There's your answer as to why this game is happening.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Abu Dhabi » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:02 am

Ted and John you are having a laugh

HOW.. Just HOW the BEST two RBs in the world MIGHT make the bench after fuclin Johnson!!

HOW.. one of the best 3 keepers in the world.. Julio Cesar.. isnt even making the bench?? After James and Foster!!

Fuckin HOW Fabiano isnt there?!!
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Rag_hater » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:08 am

Fish111 wrote:
Rag_hater wrote: apperently the worst Brazil squad for a long time just beat a team called Argentina at their own house.

That's not exactly hard to to do is it, they have lost 4 out of their last 5 matches.

CITYSTEVEDON wrote: but i forgot the fa would get 1 mill to play this game.

There's your answer as to why this game is happening.

They havent lost at home since 07(may even be longer than that) so I see it as quite an achievement for Brazil to beat a full strength Argie team on their own patch.
Rag_hater

Postby Fish111 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:22 am

Don't get me wrong, i personally think England can and will get to a semi-final next year but i am not confident that we can win it. Spain, Holland & Brazil are much better than us right now imo and you can never discount Germany at tournament football and there is always an outsider that plays out of their skin and cause a few upsets. Teams like Argentina, France & Portugal, teams that are normally strong in the World Cup, are struggling to qualify and it will be very interesting to see if they make it or not.
I will treat next years World Cup as all the others, it's a great excuse for a summer long piss-up supporting my country, and hope we get as far as we can without really having any expectations of winning it. I never buy into the hysterior created by the London-based press, most England fans are more realistic than the muppets who write the shit they print.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum