england v brazil in november

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: england v brazil in november

Postby Dameerto » Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:11 pm

Rag_hater wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Stupid game. England players won't want to get injured & a half hearted, half paced game is right up Brazil's street. In a real full blooded contest, imo, England would absolutely slaughter Brazil right now but a showpony game like this just gives Brazil chance to fart around unchallenged & have a big confidence boost for the World Cup. Nonesense planning.

Thats the attitude that ensures England will never win a major competition.
Imo Brazil would slaughter England in any game, whether it be a friendly showpony game or a real full blooded contest.

Did you see the Croatia game? If THAT England turn up I would back them against anyone - the problem is getting THAT England to turn up though (and has been the problem for a long time now)
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:22 pm

Rag_hater, where you from?
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Rag_hater » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:10 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:Rag_hater, where you from?

I am a Pakistani
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Abu Dhabi » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:22 pm

Rag_hater wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:Rag_hater, where you from?

I am a Pakistani

I take it Alicante is in the west midlands of Spain
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The Citizens

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:05 pm

From the comments I'm reading, I find it hard to believe that ANY of you praising Brazil have actually watched many games involving the current Brazil side. You're all in for a bad shock & dissapointment in the world cup unless they get a very favourable draw.

Their most consistant players are the defenders & goalkeeper. Agree that he's better than England's but very few of the other players are good enough for a top European international side & imo even half decent European sides (not fucking geriatric Italy!) will hammer them in real games. Their biggest danger is from headers at set pieces at the moment. Sad to see. Perhaps they'll unearth some new players but unfortunately I doubt it.

Argentina btw are much worse. Better than Brazil going forward but worse than Hull at defending. Any decent international side would beat them at the moment (everyone is!), they have no defence + half their best players don't even play thanks to Maradona.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby The Man In Blue » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:02 am

Ted Hughes wrote:From the comments I'm reading, I find it hard to believe that ANY of you praising Brazil have actually watched many games involving the current Brazil side.

ted ted ted, you disappoint me. you should know by now that its not the done thing to base your opinion on the evidence of your own eyes.

1. arrive at an opinion based on prejudice, narrow-mindedness, media bullshit or the path of least resistance

2. repeatedly state said opinion, ignore arguments from people who have actually seen said team/player/country, and deride them with personal abuse.

its the internet way!
The Man In Blue

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:31 am

The Man In Blue wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:From the comments I'm reading, I find it hard to believe that ANY of you praising Brazil have actually watched many games involving the current Brazil side.

ted ted ted, you disappoint me. you should know by now that its not the done thing to base your opinion on the evidence of your own eyes.

1. arrive at an opinion based on prejudice, narrow-mindedness, media bullshit or the path of least resistance

2. repeatedly state said opinion, ignore arguments from people who have actually seen said team/player/country, and deride them with personal abuse.

its the internet way!

Ha ha! Well tbh I'll be absolutely delighted to be wrong about this one mate. I love watching Brazil (& argentina) & would love to see both of them competing at their best in the World Cup but apart from against the worst teams, they both look sadly lacking to me. I'd be more optimistic if the competition was being played in scorching hot weather but apparently that won't be the case.

Hopefully I'm wrong but I can see them really struggling (if Argentina even make it to the World Cup , which looks very doubtful).
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Robinho_Is_GOD » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:37 am

Ted Hughes wrote:From the comments I'm reading, I find it hard to believe that ANY of you praising Brazil have actually watched many games involving the current Brazil side. You're all in for a bad shock & dissapointment in the world cup unless they get a very favourable draw.

Their most consistant players are the defenders & goalkeeper. Agree that he's better than England's but very few of the other players are good enough for a top European international side & imo even half decent European sides (not fucking geriatric Italy!) will hammer them in real games. Their biggest danger is from headers at set pieces at the moment. Sad to see. Perhaps they'll unearth some new players but unfortunately I doubt it.

Argentina btw are much worse. Better than Brazil going forward but worse than Hull at defending. Any decent international side would beat them at the moment (everyone is!), they have no defence + half their best players don't even play thanks to Maradona.

Ted, I have watched all the games that have been shown of the South American Qualifiers on Sky Sports, and yes have seen possibly 8 of the Brazil games there and other games that they have played.

I will agree that this isn't the best Brazil side that there has ever been, but they are still far too good for England, what this Brazil side is, is hard to break down and hard to beat, they don't give anything away and for once are solid at the back, but lack the flair and excitement under Dunga that they have had under past managers, even though they have flair players (Kaka, Robinho, Elano, Diego etc).

Dunga has got the side playing the game, the way he used to play it, methodical, hard grafting and workman-like, but they still have that clinical touch to kill sides off when they chance presents itself.

They have beaten sides like Argentina (who are not crap, but managed by someone who is), Italy (World Champions), Spain (Euro Champions), Portugal (twice put England out of major comps), and they also beat the minnows.

England JUST beat the minnows of World football, we played France, LOST, Spain LOST, Portugal LOST, Brazil LOST and about to lose again to them, we are alright until we meet someone who is worth a damn in football, a good side with quality players of their own, I could have picked 11 people off the street and they would give any of our group colleagues a game and probably beat them, lets not get carried away like the press will and have done, they have again set themselves up for the fall.
Robinho_Is_GOD
pot noodle style supporter
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Robinho

Postby Rag_hater » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:49 am

I've seen most of the current England squads matches and those of Brazil and for me Brazil are the much better team.
Green your best goalkeeper.Need anymore be said
Rag_hater

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:06 am

john@staustell wrote:
Abu Dhabi wrote:Julio, Maicon, Alves, Robinho, Kaka, Fabiano, Pato.. for example.. and thats just in one breathe..

Elano?????

You think an English Robinho would displace Gerard, or Lampard, or Barry in a Capello England side/system? Or maybe Rooney? Just in one breath! No chance. Fabiano for Heskey I'll give you!

England have played Brazil many times and win some, draw some, lose some, most notably in 1970 WC (1-0 and the Banks master-save) when both sides had their best teams for many a long year, if not ever.

Surely you can't even be comparing Brazil over the years to England mate. While England has had some fine teams and great players, no nation has been any sort of match for Brazil in long term. Five times World Cup winners, Twice runner up, Twice third placed. Three times Confederations Cup winners. Eight Copa Americas with 19 final appearances. Their record against England is 10 games won, 9 games drawn, 3 games lost.

England has won one World Cup and has other than that have never featured in final of top competition.

Which side is better right now, we'll all see next summer but I have to say as a neutral that I really can't see area where England are stronger than Brazil apart from central defence maybe.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Kyle » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:23 pm

Robinho_Is_GOD wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:From the comments I'm reading, I find it hard to believe that ANY of you praising Brazil have actually watched many games involving the current Brazil side. You're all in for a bad shock & dissapointment in the world cup unless they get a very favourable draw.

Ted, I have watched all the games that have been shown of the South American Qualifiers on Sky Sports, and yes have seen possibly 8 of the Brazil games there and other games that they have played.

I will agree that this isn't the best Brazil side that there has ever been, but they are still far too good for England, what this Brazil side is, is hard to break down and hard to beat, they don't give anything away and for once are solid at the back, but lack the flair and excitement under Dunga that they have had under past managers, even though they have flair players (Kaka, Robinho, Elano, Diego etc).

Dunga has got the side playing the game, the way he used to play it, methodical, hard grafting and workman-like, but they still have that clinical touch to kill sides off when they chance presents itself.

They have beaten sides like Argentina (who are not crap, but managed by someone who is), Italy (World Champions), Spain (Euro Champions), Portugal (twice put England out of major comps), and they also beat the minnows.

England JUST beat the minnows of World football, we played France, LOST, Spain LOST, Portugal LOST, Brazil LOST and about to lose again to them, we are alright until we meet someone who is worth a damn in football, a good side with quality players of their own, I could have picked 11 people off the street and they would give any of our group colleagues a game and probably beat them, lets not get carried away like the press will and have done, they have again set themselves up for the fall.

While, United States also beat spain, and were pretty close to beating brazil. My general rule of thumb is if Landon Donavon and Clint Dempsey can expose your weaknesses then you are probably a bit over-rated. The honest truth is that there are probably 10 teams that are right up thier for the top level of international football, but for internationals there is hardly anything seperating them. No one is leaps and bounds above the opponents.
Kyle
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum