I thought there was kryptonite in the Etihad shirt but

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

I thought there was kryptonite in the Etihad shirt but

Postby aristation » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:18 pm

I was watching Ireland and he was still making the runs the difference is no-one is finding him with the ball. We seemed at times today to be scared of passing forward.Is it me or are the tactics making Stevie look bad?

PS I also wore my mancityfans.net black "were not really here" shirt today as my wife got juice on my colours is it now a lucky shirt which I have to wear to every game? Are there any left in XXXL?
It may be my last year as a season ticket holder as it just doesn't seem the same with so few English and local players (but I said that last year)
aristation
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Shaun Goater

Re: I thought there was kryptonite in the Etihad shirt but

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:23 pm

I think he is still trying to find away how he can be as effective as last season in his new deeper role, sadly he wasn't played further forward today despite Tevez and Robinho being out.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby Geo123 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:25 pm

I have been saying this for the last couple of games the runs he is making off the ball are outstanding just were not finding him this year and holding on to the ball a bit long at times, it will take players time to adapt to his style of play not all players can have an instant understanding like him and robi last year
Geo123
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Grob » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:25 pm

aristation wrote:I was watching Ireland and he was still making the runs the difference is no-one is finding him with the ball. We seemed at times today to be scared of passing forward.Is it me or are the tactics making Stevie look bad?

PS I also wore my mancityfans.net black "were not really here" shirt today as my wife got juice on my colours is it now a lucky shirt which I have to wear to every game? Are there any left in XXXL?

I keep hearing that its the tactics fault Ireland has been below par this season.

Its not.

Ireland is just going through some lesser form.

Ireland was asked to do the same job today as he is asked to do now numerous times last season. He still gets forward the same. He was the furtherest an upfield on a few attacks. Little has changed in his role. He's still playing central midfield. He's not playing a holding rle, he's still getting forward. Its not like he's suddenly been switched to the wing or left back.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby blues-clues » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:20 pm

last year his runs always seemed to have a purpose and to be well understood by his team mates as though they had been worked on at training. He seems to run about more in hope than expectation now, as though he might pick up knock downs or scraps rather than being a target or otherwise directly involved. A lot of the time the breaking football we are playing is coming down the flanks and he is just being missed out. When he did get a break today at the end of the firt half it looked like he didn't know what he was supposed to do!

I bet he can't wait until Robbie gets fit but Bellers played a stormer today, tracking back and tackling often in the left back position. I I would seriosly consider playing Bellamy ahead of Robbie in some of these big matches where you need every player to put a full shift in.
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby Vhero » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:16 pm

I think Irelands going through a bad period nothing more. I don't think he will beat last season this season with the talent around him at least not straight away, and especially not in a different position from last season.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby dazby » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:06 am

I don't think he's going through a bad patch, he just isn't getting the ball as much. Adebayor's presence means people are going straight for him and bypassing the midfield.

Superman has had to share his load a lot more this season.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby ant london » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:25 am

dazby wrote:I don't think he's going through a bad patch, he just isn't getting the ball as much. Adebayor's presence means people are going straight for him and bypassing the midfield.

Superman has had to share his load a lot more this season.

I think he is going through some pretty poor form

I'd drop him if it was anyone else to be honest (or if MJ was fit)....I can see him being on the bench for the derby.
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Return to The Maine Football forum