Are we turñing into a team of thugs

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Are we turñing into a team of thugs

Postby Rag_hater » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:32 pm

Somerset Blue wrote:
ronk wrote:Now there's an oxymoron.

Not sure about the 'oxy' bit...

Back to the original question - no, we're not a team of 'thugs'. We have a good balance of skill and phsyical attributes.

I do think that we are turning into an aggressive side.I have no stats to back this up but its just from how it looks to me when I see our lads playing.
The players have nicknames like
Mad Zabba. And he tackles like a ninja
Wrinkley Dog
Bellamy hits people with golf clubs
Ade nearly took Van pussies eye out
Kompany gets stuck in.
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Somerset Blue » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:39 pm

Rag_hater wrote:I do think that we are turning into an aggressive side.

We're just getting into semantics now, but being an 'aggressive side' is (in my opinion) a good thing - not the same as being 'thugs'.

As for Bellamy and golf clubs - you've lost me there.
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:41 pm

Rag_hater wrote:I was somewhat ridiculed for the link I provided before so here's one to FIFA which clearly states that it is a foul to make contact with a player before making contact with the ball.
That offence is punishable by a free kick.
It also suggests to me that football is a non-contact sport.
I know its very little to do with the thread but a lot of the experts on here seem to want to spend their time trying to say that I am an idiot and shouldnt be allowed on here for having the temerity to disagree with their expert opinions.
It seems I do know what I was talking about(probably more than on this occassion) which is contrary to the experts who seem to have got it wrong

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affeder ... _10565.pdf

I wouldn't ban you. I think you've got every right to post. I disagree with you but I wouldn't call you an idiot because of that.

I'd call you an idiot because you are an idiot.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby edge275 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:43 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:I was somewhat ridiculed for the link I provided before so here's one to FIFA which clearly states that it is a foul to make contact with a player before making contact with the ball.
That offence is punishable by a free kick.
It also suggests to me that football is a non-contact sport.
I know its very little to do with the thread but a lot of the experts on here seem to want to spend their time trying to say that I am an idiot and shouldnt be allowed on here for having the temerity to disagree with their expert opinions.
It seems I do know what I was talking about(probably more than on this occassion) which is contrary to the experts who seem to have got it wrong

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affeder ... _10565.pdf

I wouldn't ban you. I think you've got every right to post. I disagree with you but I wouldn't call you an idiot because of that.

I'd call you an idiot because you are an idiot.

So is he an idiot?
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby razor400 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:44 pm

Rag_hater wrote:Whatever your thoughts are on the Ade incident are discussed elsewhere but generally I feel we are becoming a team that is a bit rough.
Whether thats a good thing or not I do not know but I cant see us winning the fair play league anytime in the near future.
Hughes Blackburn team had a reputation of being a bit thuggy and I think we are becoming the same.

[/border][/b]
[/color]
razor400
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Champions
My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby Rag_hater » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:54 pm

razor400 wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:Whatever your thoughts are on the Ade incident are discussed elsewhere but generally I feel we are becoming a team that is a bit rough.
Whether thats a good thing or not I do not know but I cant see us winning the fair play league anytime in the near future.
Hughes Blackburn team had a reputation of being a bit thuggy and I think we are becoming the same.

Is that a bong or a dildo or is it a dildo shaped bong
Rag_hater

Postby razor400 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:01 pm

Rag_hater wrote:
razor400 wrote:

Is that a bong or a dildo or is it a dildo shaped bong

Pull it out of your arse and have a look.
[/border][/b]
[/color]
razor400
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Champions
My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:55 pm

Alex Sapphire wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:http://www.soccerhelp.com/Soccer_Tips_Dictionary_Terms_F.shtml#fouls

I intepret rule 8 there as it being a non-contact rule

Basketball and Field Hockey are non contact sports. Football is not.
Your Rule 8 says you cant kick someone to get the ball off them. It does not say contact is illegal, just certain types of contact.
Don't please rely on that site for "soccer" knowledge. I have never heard 70% of the terms it defines

basketball is actually a contact sport as well. You are allowed a certain amount of physical contact, and in fact, if you aren't very physical you probably aren't right for it defensively or offensively. Offensively you have to be strong to play in the post and back a defender down, and defenders use their bodies a lot to make contact and keep their position and space. It's gotten more restrictive in the last few years tho for sure. Still, there is loads of contact. And the contact on fouls is sometimes very fierce. No fucking about. Allen Iverson was notorious for getting hacked like crazy because he was fearless with his body...similar to SWP in a lot of ways.

Back on topic...Rag Hater has always been a douche. Just for the record. I was feeling really excited at how physical and imposing we were last weekend. it was fantastic. We have the depth and skill to win a lot of different types of matches. And "thuggery" isn't one of those skills.

Also, of note to Ragster -- what the fucl is the "EPL"?

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Original Dub » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:05 am

ronk wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:
kinkylola wrote:you know those rules don't classify it as a contact sport or not right?
you realise that the purpose of said rules is to make clear you can't kick someone to get the ball right?
you understand that physical contact is a large part of the game right?

or am I giving you too much credit?

I think if you can be bothered reading the MONG rulebook you will see that speaking after thinking at all is not allowed.Of course I know that whilst being a mong, window-licking is required - its the degree of it that bothers me.I do not like to see windows being overly dirty. Playing with my balls is of greater importance to me.

There we go, I gave you a bit of a hand with your post there Raggers.

Good night.

Now there's an oxymoron.

I love that word.

And I love you Ronk.

Its your humour that gets me from day to day :)
Original Dub

Postby ronk » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:04 pm

They write themselves when rag_hater is busy convincing everyone that they're wrong and his impression of a game is the new reality of where the club is going.

No matter what he's still convinced of his rectitude.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby pears12 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:53 pm

Well i can't see how it is bad that we are getting physical in our play.. how many games against blackburn, bolton and WBA have we lost because we just get lumps kicked out of us and we do nothing back.. we are no longer being walked on by cloggers so we gonna end higher on table cos we can give a little back..

Besides football not purely a non-contact sport because as has been said shoulder to shoulder contact is legal
pears12
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby The Man In Blue » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:11 pm

pears12 wrote:Well i can't see how it is bad that we are getting physical in our play.. how many games against blackburn, bolton and WBA have we lost

not to mention the felcher-inspired rags. sincerely hope they go with the same game dirty plan from our place last season.

Lescott, Micah, Barry and Toure.

Not small lads. do yr worst you stinking rag bastards.
The Man In Blue

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum