Squad for Fulham

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Squad for Fulham

Postby marvin » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:06 pm

Ideally play a strong team, get a coupel of goals up, then use the subs to rest a couple of players, and give younger players like Weiss and ball a run out.

I think it's the last 16 after this tie, and if we get that far, ourselves and probably Chelsea will be favourites.
marvin
De Jong's Tackle

Postby ross.mcfc » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:12 pm

Im delighted we have a game midweek. I want yesterday out my system as quick as possible.

Couldnt have asked for a better team to play. Already stretched because of European commitments Fulham need a win on Weds like a hole in the head. We should murder them.

Petrov in for Tevez. Zabba in for Richards.

Would like to see Slyvinho and Weiss get a run out at some point.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby shawzy » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:42 pm

After goin through the thread, maybe my original selection of changing 3 out of the back 4 is abit extreme.Still i hope the the likes of Zabba,Sylvinho,Ned,Weiss do get a run out at some stage of the game.MH said the squad will be rotated at some point.
I would really like to see Micah and Bridge get replaced for once this season.Just to see what the other players can do.
Weiss has been oustanding for his country as of late and deserves a run out.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Nick » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:44 pm

Understand that they need gel time. So lescott and toure together, also probably bridge. But id give zaba a start, somewhere on the pitch. He deserves it and micah was shocking at O.T. So zaba IS our strongest right back. Also petrov needs at least half an hour!
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:01 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:I'm pretty sure as our only fit striker and most effective left sided player available, Bellamy will be playing in one role or the other.
Let's not forget he is the 'form man' at the mo. An absolute must.

But let's not forget he is extremely injury prone, not training fully and can't physically manage to play two games in four days (as stated by Bowen at the start of the season). We can cover him. Why play him and risk losing him for a stretch?
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Slim » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:09 am

shawzy wrote:After goin through the thread, maybe my original selection of changing 3 out of the back 4 is abit extreme.Still i hope the the likes of Zabba,Sylvinho,Ned,Weiss do get a run out at some stage of the game.MH said the squad will be rotated at some point.
I would really like to see Micah and Bridge get replaced for once this season.Just to see what the other players can do.

How hard is it to stand out when your country is Slovakia?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby King Kev » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:30 am

Is Adebayor definitely not available for this game?
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby avoidconfusion » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:43 am

I just hope that Zabaleta or Onouha are going to get a shot at Right Back this time.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby razor400 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:27 am

Same Staring 11, Just to go out and keep a clean sheet and hammer them.(hopfully)
[/border][/b]
[/color]
razor400
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Champions
My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby john@staustell » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:49 am

King Kev wrote:Is Adebayor definitely not available for this game?

Definitely.

Tokyo - I think whilst Bellers is fit, sharp and doing it we need to use him to our maximum effect. He can rest his knees when we get Ade, Robson,RSC and a fit Tevez all firing.

Risk we need to take. We've seen how he can make a sensational difference in the last 2 games - it could be him playing that means beating Fulham.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:09 am

We can't afford to leave out Bellamy at the moment & that's not a great thing because he's not the sort of player to conserve energy & look after himself on the pitch; he'll just get stuck in & risk injury. No choice though.

I agree with people that barring tiredness/injury, the back 4 need to play together & develop an understanding rather than be messed about. It's mainly down to that lack of understanding that we're letting in goals & it's absolutely 100% been as much down to Lescott & Toure as it's been down to Micah or Bridge. People suggesting it's all Micah's fault are just ignoring the facts.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Tony P » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:16 am

Slim wrote:
shawzy wrote:After goin through the thread, maybe my original selection of changing 3 out of the back 4 is abit extreme.Still i hope the the likes of Zabba,Sylvinho,Ned,Weiss do get a run out at some stage of the game.MH said the squad will be rotated at some point.

How hard is it to stand out when your country is Slovakia?

They're not a bad side.
Tony P
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby TonyM » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:36 am

I'd replace Bellamy and SWP with Petrov and Weiss. The can come on if needed but could do with the rest.

I'd only make changes at the back if we are ahead by at least 2 late in the game, in which case I'd like to see Trippier given a go. My only fear is hat by giving him a few minutes here and there that it'd go to his head.
TonyM
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Dameerto » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:56 am

It's another 'cup final' so straight in with the strongest lineup available.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Rag_hater » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:37 am

I would play Carlos in this game he seems to score in this cup regularly
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby ronk » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:21 pm

We'll know by this evening whether Bellamy has been charged under the fast track system. I don't think he will, but what do I know with the way the FA have been going on.

If he's charged then we may as well play him tomorrow because he'll be getting a rest at the weekend. If he's not then maybe the bench, with Ball (and Weiss) getting a start.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby BmoreBlue » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:18 pm

Haven't seen this anywhere but Ned is out for 3 to 4 weeks per the OS
BmoreBlue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum