***Official FA Cup - Leicester v City Match Thread***

Follow the match live and post your in game comments on the official match day threads.

Re: ***Official FA Cup - Leicester v City Match Thread***

Postby brite blu sky » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:49 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:CLASSIC CUP GAME.. JUDGING BY A LOT OF THE COMMENTS IN THIS THREAD A LOT OF PEOPLE HAVE NEVER SEEN ONE!

BOO BOYS OUT IN FORCE BECAUSE WE DREW. FFS THERE ARE SOME MARD ARSED PEOPLE AROUND.

as you were.. carry on.

Seen plenty of them. Some, when we played like today, we've been knocked out. Ohers when we've played well, we've won comfortably. For the standard of players at our disposal, today was poor. If it had been Joe Royle's side, or Mel Machin's or frank Clark's I would have been satisfied, but it's not.

We weren't knocked out, credit to Leicester, they played a classic cup tie and challenged for everything, we did wimp out it's true, they got us on the back foot and did a good job of trying to keep us there, we never settled down, we never got control.. classic cup stuff. We made a mistake and it goes to a replay.

In reference to the undercurrent of what you say, Mancini has yet to learn about english football, particularly the cups, so have the players. How do you imagine that they go about that? i would also have been happy if that had been Frank Clark's team.. less so Joe Royle.. but the big difference is that both those managers had a lot more experience of english cup ties.. so the point is mute imo. Mancini has to learn these things. I trust he will and it will make him better.

I wish he'd hurry up up because I see our biggest obstacles to winning it as; 1) rest of top 5, 2) Everton, 3) Mancini fucking about.

Well if he doesn't he doesn't.. there is fucl all we can do about it.. but now you've mentioned it if we get through that far i can see it now us getting Everton the same week as we play them at Goodison. School of hard knocks, thrown in the deep end.. get on with it and learn how to deal with it. I'd take that as i think that Mancini is influenced by tough challenges and does learn, so for me the harder the better and the more unrelenting the better.. we will get a top manager and a top team out of the other side of the mill.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:59 pm

[youtube]-ka6hI60IJc[/youtube]
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:31 pm

Just got back from my mates and thought it was an avarage game. We could have won it if we wanted to but decided to sit back and hold our 2-1 lead. Leicester huffed and puffed and were deserving of a draw, whereas we huffed and puffed but Carlos was never going to knock the house down; not on his own anyway.

We could've changed it and gone out for the win, but as I predicted it would be a draw and smiling faces. A proper cup tie with all the emotions and I've not to much to complain about..............apart from Jo!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Goaters 103 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:46 pm

Pleased with the team selection but overall we were fa too lax in the game. Our defending from set pieces was borderline criminal and we are fortunate to get out of that game with a second bite of the cherry.

What we do need is a decent crowd for the replay as the prize in round 4 is a winnable tie which should be motivation enough. I would have made Hart walk home for that 2nd goal, absolutely bloody awful and casual beyond belief.

Both full-backs still give me the creeps too. A replay was a relief.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:08 pm

as ive just got back from the game, when we scored and when we did the Poznan did it look good on tv as i looked around and everyone was going it. also the support all way through the game was great as we out shouted the home fans
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

Postby Green & Blue » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:14 pm

CITYSTEVEDON wrote:as ive just got back from the game, when we scored and when we did the Poznan did it look good on tv as i looked around and everyone was going it. also the support all way through the game was great as we out shouted the home fans

Yes it looked really good.The city end looked like it was rocking after the Milner goal and the vocal support was great.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby ross.mcfc » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:15 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:ha! got to love sol bamba's scottish accent!

What was a tad surreal about that is that Paul Gallagher who was interviewed with Bamba is that he is Scottish born and bred but now has an English accent. So you had a guy from the Ivory coast with Scottish accent and a Scot with an English accent.
ross.mcfc

Postby Chinners » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:19 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:For all the deserved praise Bob has had for doing a great job getting us to 2nd in the league so far, he is absolutely fucking rubbish in games like this. He showed it in both cups last season, fucked us up in the League Cup & is very lucky not to have fucked us up in this one. When will he learn? The number of things wrong was almost impossible to count.

Wholesale changes in all areas but particularly weakening us aerially by playing the two aerially weak fullbacks against an aerially strong team & then also changing the defensive midfield in front of them. It made the team utterly disorganised, everyone nervous & then when we did get confident, start passing & get our game together & start to play as a team; he fucking changed it again!!

Just keep it simple & pick players who are suitable for the job in hand. You're a lucky man Bob, learn from it.

Cracking post Ted. I'm still undecided if it's because he is resting players, picking a team he though would be good enough to win or just saving the players for the league mission of top 4. I truely hope he's not disrespecting the FA Cup (the CC I can understand to an extent) as too many sides are doing it lately which is disgusting imo
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby CityFanFromRome » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:25 pm

Chinners wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:For all the deserved praise Bob has had for doing a great job getting us to 2nd in the league so far, he is absolutely fucking rubbish in games like this. He showed it in both cups last season, fucked us up in the League Cup & is very lucky not to have fucked us up in this one. When will he learn? The number of things wrong was almost impossible to count.

Wholesale changes in all areas but particularly weakening us aerially by playing the two aerially weak fullbacks against an aerially strong team & then also changing the defensive midfield in front of them. It made the team utterly disorganised, everyone nervous & then when we did get confident, start passing & get our game together & start to play as a team; he fucking changed it again!!

Just keep it simple & pick players who are suitable for the job in hand. You're a lucky man Bob, learn from it.

Cracking post Ted. I'm still undecided if it's because he is resting players, picking a team he though would be good enough to win or just saving the players for the league mission of top 4. I truely hope he's not disrespecting the FA Cup (the CC I can understand to an extent) as too many sides are doing it lately which is disgusting imo
I think the lineup was strong enough to win the game; however for some reasons we didn't, it happens, but it doesn't mean Mancini disrespects the FA Cup. We can't play with the same eleven all games, this one was on paper a good one to rest some players, but not all of them; which is what we did since Hart,Toure, Tevez, Milner, Kolarov, Boateng are all regular starters and Lescott is the first choice as backup CB. Then there's AJ who's a great talent, maybe not consistent yet but talent all the same, and that's 8 out of 11 in the starting line up today; Jo and SWP are the only two who could be argued shouldn't have started, in hindsight.
CityFanFromRome

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:49 pm

Can I just finish the thread by saying I can't believe we didn't go out to win the game and as a City Supporter, considering what the day meant, I feel a little shame at what I saw.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby s1ty m » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:17 am

2-1 up at HT and we looked to be crusing, despite carrying Jo, who is appalling, 2 of the dodgiest full backs in my memory and a defence incapable of repelling a Championship set piece assault. Mancini goes all defensive and we hang on; top work boss. Lucky to still be in it, in my opinion.

I find it inexplicable that he can pick Jo. I am also concerned about the personnel he feels are good enough to be our full backs. This aspect is seriously worrying.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Fish111 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:20 am

I thoroughly enjoyed the day out yesterday, loads of blues (well, red & black) at the Walkers and a great atmosphere, an absolutely top 'Poznan' after each of our goals, a cute little effort from the Leicester fans after their second, an enjoyable match which we didn't lose and maybe should have won even on a very difficult pitch but......and there is always a but.

Our coach driver was a feckin disgrace, he got lost 4 fekin times on the way home to go with the two times going there!!!!

Got home from Leicester at 11.30pm FFS!! Beat that.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Duckman » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:29 pm

is there a date set for the replay?
private dick/family man
Duckman
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Silva, Kompany, Yaya

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:55 pm

Duckman wrote:is there a date set for the replay?

Replay date
Wednesday, 19 January 2011 (Kick off: 1945 GMT)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nick (duki blues) » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:01 pm

Fish111 wrote:I thoroughly enjoyed the day out yesterday, loads of blues (well, red & black) at the Walkers and a great atmosphere, an absolutely top 'Poznan' after each of our goals, a cute little effort from the Leicester fans after their second, an enjoyable match which we didn't lose and maybe should have won even on a very difficult pitch but......and there is always a but.

Our coach driver was a feckin disgrace, he got lost 4 fekin times on the way home to go with the two times going there!!!!

it didnt help when the police took all the coaches the wrong way after the match but like you say was a good day out and was back for 8-45
nick (duki blues)
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Fish111 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:00 pm

nick (duki blues) wrote:
Fish111 wrote:I thoroughly enjoyed the day out yesterday, loads of blues (well, red & black) at the Walkers and a great atmosphere, an absolutely top 'Poznan' after each of our goals, a cute little effort from the Leicester fans after their second, an enjoyable match which we didn't lose and maybe should have won even on a very difficult pitch but......and there is always a but.

it didnt help when the police took all the coaches the wrong way after the match but like you say was a good day out and was back for 8-45

8.45? Fuckin ell, we had a nightmare journey all around Leicestershire. The driver was on the verge of being lynched. It didn't help though when some of the lads robbed the shop when we stopped for a piss stop only for the coach to get stopped almost immediately by the polce. Someone had robbed some screenwash from the services ffs.
Fish111

Postby Craig B » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:14 pm

Fish111 wrote:
nick (duki blues) wrote:

8.45? Fuckin ell, we had a nightmare journey all around Leicestershire. The driver was on the verge of being lynched. It didn't help though when some of the lads robbed the shop when we stopped for a piss stop only for the coach to get stopped almost immediately by the polce. Someone had robbed some screenwash from the services ffs.

Lost? Don't you just get on the M1 and head for Leeds and when you're there you hit the M62 for Manchester?
"..The object of playing any game is for enjoyment. If you have enjoyed it and done your best you have won no matter what the result." - Joe Mercer OBE
Craig B
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Fish111 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:56 pm

Craig B wrote:
Fish111 wrote:
nick (duki blues) wrote:

Lost? Don't you just get on the M1 and head for Leeds and when you're there you hit the M62 for Manchester?

Yep, but we were having a beer and you just assume that the driver isn't a fuckin dick. Noticed a sign saying 'South' so fuck knows how long we had been heading south but when we got to the next roundabout which was about 12 miles away he went round the fucker 3 times and still took the wrong turning. Nightmare.
Fish111

Previous

Return to Match Day Threads