***Chelsea -v- City*** OFFICIAL Matchday thread

Follow the match live and post your in game comments on the official match day threads.

Re: ***Chelsea -v- City*** OFFICIAL Matchday thread

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:16 pm

Bluez wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Not surprised and not really overly disappointed as this was sort of expected in the predictions to the end of the season. To get to 70 points its the so called easy games we have to win and a point or more here would have been a bonus.

The really worrying part I feel is the continuation of our rotten away form.

The really worrying thing is that it is getting more like a chore to actually watch. In the bad old days it was understandable, with all we have spent on players it is unforgivable that we have to watch such negative crap week in week out.

Agree.

I've rarely looked forward to watching a match since the 3 games against Stoke in quick succession last season. Nowadays, I generally leave the game on on the computer in the corner, and get on with other stuff while it's on in the background. In 2011, I think I've gone to the pub to watch only 3 games- West Brom, the derby, and Villa in the league.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:17 pm

16 Jan 2010 - Everton (A) 0-2 0

Carling Cup Semi - United (H&A) 3-4 K.O.

21 Feb 2010 - Liverpool (H) 0-0 1

27 Feb 2010 - Chelsea (A) 4-2 3

24 Mar 2010 - Everton (H) 0-2 0

17 Apr 2010 - United (A) 0-1 0

24 Apr 2010 - Arsenal (A) 0-0 1

01 May 2010 - Villa (H) 3-1 3

05 May 2010 - Spurs (H) 0-1 0

14 Aug 2010 - Spurs (A) 0-0 1

23 Aug 2010 - Liverpool (H) 3-0 3

25 Sep 2010 - Chelsea (H) 1-0 3

30 Sep 2010 - Juventus (H) 1-1 1

24 Oct 2010 - Arsenal (H) 0-3 0

10 Nov 2010 - United (H) 0-0 1

16 Dec 2010 - Juventus (A) 1-1 1

20 Dec 2010 - Everton (H) 1-2 0

28 Dec 2010 - Villa (H) 4-0 3

05 Jan 2011 - Arsenal (A) 0-0 1

22 Jan 2011 - Villa (A) 0-1 0

12 Feb 2011 - United (A) 1-2 0

Europa Knockout - Dynamo Kyiv (H&A) 1-2 K.O.

20 Mar 2011 - Chelsea (A) 0

11 Apr 2011 - Liverpool (A) ?

Semi Final - United (N) ?

07 May 2011 - Everton (A) ?

TBC - Spurs (H) ?

22 POINTS OUT OF A POSSIBLE 63

Booo :-( Bottled it again against a "big" team.

We now have the same amount of points as last season in both games played (30) and against the teams played (subbing promoted teams for relegated teams). Looks like we are heading for 67 points again this season.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Flixton Blue » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:18 pm

We have gone backwards as a team (like our passing)
Flixton Blue
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby paddyblue » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:22 pm

we have not won away this year,he will surely try to play like this at wembley as well
paddyblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:23 pm

1950 wrote:What a needless free kick for the goal. There's a CB fannying around on the sideway line, why does Richards have to kick him? Very poor. As poor as Kolarov's marking of Luiz.

Milner & Yaya should've been off earlier. Rubbish end product.

Yeah that was stupid from Micah who otherwise had a decent game but he is prone for these type of mistakes unfortunately.
I didn't expect much from today. Chelsea are on the rise and we are in decline so a logical result really.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:26 pm

With 10 minutes to go at the swamp the score was nil nil.
With 10 minutes to to at the Bridge the score was nil nil.

Was there any doubt how each game would end up?
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:26 pm

paddyblue wrote:we have not won away this year,he will surely try to play like this at wembley as well

He's so clueless he'll probably try and play for a replay...
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby david yearsley » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:29 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:With 10 minutes to go at the swamp the score was nil nil.
With 10 minutes to to at the Bridge the score was nil nil.

Was there any doubt how each game would end up?

This - you just fuclin knew it
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Blue In Bolton » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:35 pm

paddyblue wrote:we have not won away this year,he will surely try to play like this at wembley as well

You are quite correct and if we do play like this at Wembley we will get dicked again. There has to be a change of mentality as playing this way is killing us.
Blue In Bolton
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David White

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:39 pm

I wonder what would have happened today if Ancellotti had picked his best team today by leaving Torres on the bench.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby s1ty m » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:42 pm

Blue In Bolton wrote:

You are quite correct and if we do play like this at Wembley we will get dicked again. There has to be a change of mentality as playing this way is killing us.

That would be a start. mancini strikes me as arrogant, I doubt he'll budge. he's bought some grade A shite and will never admit it.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Arjan Van Schotte » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:48 pm

s1ty m wrote:
Blue In Bolton wrote:

That would be a start. mancini strikes me as arrogant, I doubt he'll budge. he's bought some grade A shite and will never admit it.

word. he's shown that he'll stick by shite regardless of the outcome.
"Whatever it is that we "bought" - we didn't put it up for sale..."

Arjan Van Schotte
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Манчестер Сити

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:52 pm

"I thought we played a good game, when you think that two days ago we played a game against Kiev," he told Sky Sports.

"We played poorly in the last 20-25 minutes, we were so tired, but we were ready to make changes when we conceded a goal."

So Roberto, if you knew they were tired, why didn't you change things earlier; we could all see it?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby ruralblue » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:26 pm

Am getting tired of watching the same old shit. I normally really look forward to games. Today I was tempted to stay out in the garden and crack on in the sunshine.

I wish I had :-(
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:29 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:I wonder what would have happened today if Ancellotti had picked his best team today by leaving Torres on the bench.

You know Doug, I was watching that today, with Kolarov looking like he was going to give a goal away any minute, Yaya lumbering around wheezing, Torres being completely taken to the cleaners by Lescott Vinny & DeJong & I thought to myself " do either of these two have any idea what they're watching?".

I couldn't help feeling today that I was looking at two very very lucky men. Hopefully, after the international break, I'll have rediscovered my faith in Bob but after Kiev & today, it just seemed like he was watching the game, along with Ancelotti & us.

I just can't imagine that Moyes or O'Neil or any other run of the mill manager, couldn't do what those two are doing with the available players.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby david yearsley » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:41 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:I wonder what would have happened today if Ancellotti had picked his best team today by leaving Torres on the bench.

You know Doug, I was watching that today, with Kolarov looking like he was going to give a goal away any minute, Yaya lumbering around wheezing, Torres being completely taken to the cleaners by Lescott Vinny & DeJong & I thought to myself " do either of these two have any idea what they're watching?".

I couldn't help feeling today that I was looking at two very very lucky men. Hopefully, after the international break, I'll have rediscovered my faith in Bob but after Kiev & today, it just seemed like he was watching the game, along with Ancelotti & us.

I just can't imagine that Moyes or O'Neil or any other run of the mill manager, couldn't do what those two are doing with the available players.

O´Neill is looking very tempting the more I think of it
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Flixton Blue » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:45 pm

Agreed
Flixton Blue
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:56 pm

O'Neill? Please no - he's based his entire mangerial career around corners and freekicks to get results. He's a manager who will flirt with finishing in the top 4 but never further than that. - Bit like Mancini I guess in that regard then :-p
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:08 pm

david yearsley wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

O´Neill is looking very tempting the more I think of it

I don't even like either of them & I do like Bob but just being perfectly rational & evaluating what I'm seeing, I can't honestly see any special thing that Bob or Ancelotti are bringing to their respective teams that your average manager couldn't do given the same circumstances. If someone can elighten me then fair enough & of course there are things happening behind the scenes at both clubs but that would happen without them.

I'm just having doubts about Bob's 'special' qualities, for the first time. His lack of initiative in the last two away games worries me.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby walmai » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:27 pm

Chin up City.

I was at WHL yesterday and, even with a practically first choice team out, Spurs are struggling for league form too. Remember, you drew a blank against the league holders; Spurs against an improving West Ham, who have nonetheless struggled in the bottom 5 all season.

Not only that, but their best players VdV and Bale are respectively worn out and coming back (too early?) after injury.

You've got your destiny in your own hands; beat Spurs in your league encounter and match their other results and a CL spot will be yours for the taking.

In a way, the loss of the distraction of the Europa cup - with the draining travelling it entails - is probably a bonus.

As I say, Spurs are not firing on all cylinders. I personally believe that you've got a CL spot and a Wembley final to look forward to.

Good luck!
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

PreviousNext

Return to Match Day Threads