***Chelsea -v- City*** OFFICIAL Matchday thread

Follow the match live and post your in game comments on the official match day threads.

Re: ***Chelsea -v- City*** OFFICIAL Matchday thread

Postby gillie » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:30 pm

walmai wrote:Chin up City.

I was at WHL yesterday and, even with a practically first choice team out, Spurs are struggling for league form too. Remember, you drew a blank against the league holders; Spurs against an improving West Ham, who have nonetheless struggled in the bottom 5 all season.

Not only that, but their best players VdV and Bale are respectively worn out and coming back (too early?) after injury.

You've got your destiny in your own hands; beat Spurs in your league encounter and match their other results and a CL spot will be yours for the taking.

In a way, the loss of the distraction of the Europa cup - with the draining travelling it entails - is probably a bonus.

As I say, Spurs are not firing on all cylinders. I personally believe that you've got a CL spot and a Wembley final to look forward to.

Good luck!

Thanks mate and good luck for the rest of the season to you Irons.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:35 pm

I was at WHL yesterday and, even with a practically first choice team out, Spurs are struggling for league form too. Remember, you drew a blank against the league holders; Spurs against an improving West Ham, who have nonetheless struggled in the bottom 5 all season.

Not only that, but their best players VdV and Bale are respectively worn out and coming back (too early?) after injury.

You've got your destiny in your own hands; beat Spurs in your league encounter and match their other results and a CL spot will be yours for the taking.

In a way, the loss of the distraction of the Europa cup - with the draining travelling it entails - is probably a bonus.

As I say, Spurs are not firing on all cylinders. I personally believe that you've got a CL spot and a Wembley final to look forward to.

Good luck!

Cheers mate.

The honest truth is though, West Ham were better going forward than us & Spurs played much better football & were harder to stop than Chelsea. If Lennon & Bale had been running at Kolarov like they did Bridge, they would have torn him a new arsehole. Likewise if you'd given Dzeko the chances WH had, rather than Carlton Cole, you probably would have won. We created nothing.

Oh & I hope you win all your games apart from when you play us!
Last edited by Ted Hughes on Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Arjan Van Schotte » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:36 pm

Good luck!

THANKS VERY MUCH WALMAI - WHAT YOU SPEAK is undoubtedly true. but we don't want rational right now so fuck off.

(sorry for the early caps).

and fuck off in lower case :)
"Whatever it is that we "bought" - we didn't put it up for sale..."

Arjan Van Schotte
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Манчестер Сити

Postby Twobob » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:42 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
"I thought we played a good game, when you think that two days ago we played a game against Kiev," he told Sky Sports.

"We played poorly in the last 20-25 minutes, we were so tired, but we were ready to make changes when we conceded a goal."

So Roberto, if you knew they were tired, why didn't you change things earlier; we could all see it?

It was lost in translation beef, what he means is that "AFTER 20-25 mins we played shite, lost control of the midfield and that if it weren't for Nige, Vinny, Lescott and Richards we'd have been screwed over
big style and embarassed"
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Previous

Return to Match Day Threads