Arsenal Takeover

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Arsenal Takeover

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:35 pm

I wonder if Kroenke will force Arsene to change his ways and bring some stars in?

Also, I thought some Russian had made moves to buy Arsenal, what happened to him?

And, are they really worth 750 mil?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: Arsenal Takeover

Postby Dameerto » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:35 pm

Usmanov has 27% and it's thought he will hang onto his stake for now.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby blues-clues » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:06 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:I wonder if Kroenke will force Arsene to change his ways and bring some stars in?

Also, I thought some Russian had made moves to buy Arsenal, what happened to him?

And, are they really worth 750 mil?

I think Kronky has stated that he supports Wenger's policy......"I didnt see it" unless it was a foul against and Arsenal player in which case "once again Arsenal we are the victims of a premeditated and vicious assault"

I wonder if Usmanov might cash in and buy a different club?
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby Fesan » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:11 pm

I was hoping for Usmanov as he is the Abramovich type which would mean Wenger would leave and I'd love Wenger to come in if Mancini gets the boot. Unfortunately Kroenke is not a spender and will prob. never let Wenger go as he is a cashcow:-)
Fesan
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Chinners » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:27 pm

As much as I used to quite like Wenger, he'd definately be the wrong type of manager for us, he would spend any of the millions put his way for starters
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Chinners » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:27 pm

Chinners wrote:As much as I used to quite like Wenger, he'd definately be the wrong type of manager for us, he wouldn't spend any of the millions put his way for starters
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:06 pm

Dameerto wrote:Usmanov has 27% and it's thought he will hang onto his stake for now.

Listening to SSN, it sounds like he won't have a choice.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:08 pm

Fesan wrote:I was hoping for Usmanov as he is the Abramovich type which would mean Wenger would leave and I'd love Wenger to come in if Mancini gets the boot. Unfortunately Kroenke is not a spender and will prob. never let Wenger go as he is a cashcow:-)

No thanks to Wenger. As much as I like him at Arsenal, he's not the manager we are looking for in my opinion.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dameerto » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:32 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Dameerto wrote:Usmanov has 27% and it's thought he will hang onto his stake for now.

I thought that if someone got a critical mass of shares it triggered an automatic offer for the remaining shares, it doesn't sound very ethical or legal to force those people to accept though.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:47 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

I thought that if someone got a critical mass of shares it triggered an automatic offer for the remaining shares, it doesn't sound very ethical or legal to force those people to accept though.

Very true, I remember when it happened to us under Thaksin and it just seemed like a big con. People who wanted to keep some ownership in our club were forced to sell.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby blues-clues » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:02 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

I believe the critical mass is 90% - once you get to 30% you have to make an offer to buy the rest but until you have 90% the other shareholders are under no obligation to sell. Not sure why SSN are saying Usmanov will have to sell but it may just be because with only one other shareholder his voting rights are useless and as he wont expect much of a dividend on the shares he has he just as well get his money out now as he has no chance of taking control of the club or even influencing decision making.
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Return to The Maine Football forum