Premier League 17/10/09

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Premier League 17/10/09

Postby ENIAM NAM » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:28 pm

david yearsley wrote:If ever there was a time to put "typical City" to bed once and for all , it´s tomorrow

Are we saying this before every game now?
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Fidel Castro » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:02 pm

As much as I hate him, Bruce is a quality manager. He transformed Wigan and now has Sunderland playing some good football. Jones-Bent is a great combo
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby Colin the King » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:12 pm

I know it's not Premier League but no point starting another thread- watching Forest and Newcastle. Forest are playing lovely football and Blackstock looks brilliant. 1-0 at half time.
Colin the King
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Redna » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:24 pm

Colin the King wrote:I know it's not Premier League but no point starting another thread- watching Forest and Newcastle. Forest are playing lovely football and Blackstock looks brilliant. 1-0 at half time.

2nd half though was if not 100 but at least 90 % Toon. Good win though for Forest.
Tomorrow is the day when the tag is gone 4ever.
CTID!!
"A man's gotta do what his women says"
Redna
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods own
My favourite player is: Ron Jeremy

Postby chemicalboy99 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:36 am

mr_nool wrote:
dazlebluefrog wrote:they have just shown it on canal + sport here it was a ball from .....scouse fans!! ha ha ha a lad in a blue top punched the fcuking thing onto the pitch

Bet he's going to be sent to bed without supper. Probably won't sleep very well either.

Image Boj is back!!
chemicalboy99
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby xavi6 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:18 am

http://backpagefootball.com/ featuring our new PODCAST!!!

You can't spell 'Failure' without 'F.A.I.'
xavi6
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Zab

Postby Somerset Blue » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:41 am

Bet the Liverpool fans are feeling a bit deflated this morning - unlike the balloon/beachball.
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby bluej » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:44 am

On the subject of that beach ball - why is Winter coming out and saying that it shouldn't have been a goal now, yet when we got done by the balloons against sheffield united no one mentioned anything about this rule?
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby dazlebluefrog » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:51 am

chemicalboy99 wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
dazlebluefrog wrote:they have just shown it on canal + sport here it was a ball from .....scouse fans!! ha ha ha a lad in a blue top punched the fcuking thing onto the pitch

Bet he's going to be sent to bed without supper. Probably won't sleep very well either.

excellent mate i wonder if the lad got a slapping for it? bet he'll get a kicking from someone haha
dazlebluefrog
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Grenoble fc38

Postby Somerset Blue » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:00 am

bluej wrote:On the subject of that beach ball - why is Winter coming out and saying that it shouldn't have been a goal now, yet when we got done by the balloons against sheffield U***d no one mentioned anything about this rule?

I guess the balloons at Sheff Utd, whilst creating confusion (and therefore still 'interfering' in my opinion), didn't actually deflect the ball. Or maybe because this time around it's Liverpool?
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby bluej » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:03 am

Somerset Blue wrote:
bluej wrote:On the subject of that beach ball - why is Winter coming out and saying that it shouldn't have been a goal now, yet when we got done by the balloons against sheffield U***d no one mentioned anything about this rule?

I guess the balloons at Sheff Utd, whilst creating confusion (and therefore still 'interfering' in my opinion), didn't actually deflect the ball. Or maybe because this time around it's Liverpool?

On the money there I reckon. I've never been into the conspiracy theories but always believe that the 'sky 4' are favoured - this just seems to add weight to it.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Slim » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:07 pm

bluej wrote:
Somerset Blue wrote:

On the money there I reckon. I've never been into the conspiracy theories but always believe that the 'sky 4' are favoured - this just seems to add weight to it.

Stop it both of you.

Winter does his thing for premier league game, the Blades match was FA Cup.

They mentioned the incident on the commentary repeatedly yesterday.

I am sure the sky4 are favoured, but this is a poor example that makes us look like Mort Goldman.(watching family guy earlier)
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:17 pm

Colin the King wrote:I know it's not Premier League but no point starting another thread- watching Forest and Newcastle. Forest are playing lovely football and Blackstock looks brilliant. 1-0 at half time.

Is that Dexter Blackstock? I remember when he was about 17 coming on for what was possibly his debut, with about 15 mins left. About 2 minutes later, the keeper got injured, and he was lumped with the task of going in goal!
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:14 pm

bluej wrote:
Somerset Blue wrote:

Or maybe they set up new guidelines for referees after it happened to us.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby bluej » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:23 pm

Slim wrote:
bluej wrote:
Somerset Blue wrote:

Stop it both of you.

Winter does his thing for premier league game, the Blades match was FA Cup.

They mentioned the incident on the commentary repeatedly yesterday.

I am sure the sky4 are favoured, but this is a poor example that makes us look like Mort Goldman.(watching family guy earlier)

After the incident, Reina was furious and rushed to remonstrate with a referee's assistant - but the goal stood despite a Fifa law which states: "The referee stops, suspends or terminates the match because of outside interference of any kind.

Should be all competitions, non?
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum