Training Friday 16/9

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Training Friday 16/9

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:50 am

A fairly low key session today with 19 players on view,NDJ,JM and OH missing.Good to see Mancini's father Aldo alongside the pitch watching on and maybe preparing to let his son know what he got wrong! Just a few cameras around today and the same number of fans.Sad that one illiterate decided it was good form to throw his rubbish on the floor and I got the standard yobbish response when I suggested he might pick it up.Where is Carl when you need him?

A nice relaxed atmosphere amongst the players as they went through basic warm up routines after splitting into two groups and failry quickly into a game with Lombardo making the numbers up to 11 a side.Not a very intense game,quite brief as well and only one goal deciding it.And from the unlikely source of AJ's head from a Clichy cross.Tevez smacked one onto the bar after some good individual work but it was definitely defences on top with Vinnie and Lescott commanding at one end and Savic and Kolo at the other.When the whistle blew I thought it would be for half time and a drink but they sloped off and that was that. Mario was the last off after talking with the boss.

As I was leaving there were noises from behind a fence and good to see Nigel outside working. Another step closer so let's hope he isnt far away.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Friday 16/9

Postby Duckman » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:57 am

we needed De Jong against Napoli to stop those counter attacks. Hope he gets back soon.

thanx for the report Doug.
private dick/family man
Duckman
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva, Kompany, Yaya

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:58 am

I've been waiting for this and that's all you can serve up - where's the rest of it?

I suppose I should read it first, quality and all that ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:01 pm

Mancini said that Nige was 10 days - 2 weeks away in his weekend interview this morning.

Anyway, cheers Doug, the ManCityFans.net Man on the Spot. Incredible Bob.

Edit: Also said Milner probably not ready for Sunday.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:19 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:I've been waiting for this and that's all you can serve up - where's the rest of it?

That's what I was thinking as they went off! I really thought there would be more but with midweek games being the norm now they won't be needing high action, long training sessions anymore.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:09 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:I've been waiting for this and that's all you can serve up - where's the rest of it?

That's what I was thinking as they went off! I really thought there would be more but with midweek games being the norm now they won't be needing high action, long training sessions anymore.

It's going to be the norm from now on I feel. CL, FA and League Cup games will come round think and fast so as long as it's going OK on the pitch it will just be a matter of fine tuning on the training pitch.

Such a shame but I'm sure you'll still be there mate, there'll always be something to see ................ until the bigger nets go up!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:19 pm

It's good that they've got Nigel working on the fence when not playing. FFP and all that; every little helps.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby circumspect » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:17 pm

Strongly suspect Mario will start on Sunday.

Remember last season, Jo had a pretty good game on the left wing in this equivalent fixture (He did. Really.) and this is where I expect Balo to be deployed and I for one am looking forward to seeing him unleashed on the suckers.
circumspect
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Dave Watson

Postby john@staustell » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:18 am

circumspect wrote:Strongly suspect Mario will start on Sunday.

Remember last season, Jo had a pretty good game on the left wing in this equivalent fixture (He did. Really.) and this is where I expect Balo to be deployed and I for one am looking forward to seeing him unleashed on the suckers.

Good point mate. If even Jo can look good there Mad Mario should slaughter them.

Is 'OH' injured then?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby bluej » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:05 am

Took me ages to work out who OH actually was.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby john@staustell » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:35 am

bluej wrote:Took me ages to work out who OH actually was.

It's a real nightmare when Doug names the whole team by their initials. Like some sort of family quiz game!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:55 am

john@staustell wrote:
circumspect wrote:Strongly suspect Mario will start on Sunday.

Good point mate. If even Jo can look good there Mad Mario should slaughter them.

Is 'OH' injured then?

I think he had played in a game of some sort and was just tired not injured.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby bluej » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:55 am

john@staustell wrote:

It's a real nightmare when Doug names the whole team by their initials. Like some sort of family quiz game!

Haha definitely, I'm stubborn enough to sit there and try and work it out though.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:27 am

bluej wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

Haha definitely, I'm stubborn enough to sit there and try and work it out though.

I was just about to ask for a hint on who Oh is and it hit when writing the itnitials !!

Thanks Doug, as always.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Big Dave

Return to The Maine Football forum