Training Tuesday 20/9

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Training Tuesday 20/9

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:48 am

All behind fencing today at drizzly miserable Carrington.There were 17 outfield players fully involved today and most of those who played at Fulham got an extra rest.No surprise to see Hargreaves and Nedum but I didn't expect to see Bridge in there. Obviously the numbers were made up of EDS lads including Roman as per his tweet this morning.Others involved were Assulin,Suarez,Rekik plus Razak,Mancini and Scapuzzi

Nigel was just going in from a one to one session with a physio when I arrived and later Lescott was out doing some work.

Routine stuff to start with keep ball circles and a couple of gentle games involving handball and two touch passing with no real intensity from the majority.Mancini then took a team away to do some specific pass and move stuff and maybe that gave an insight into the team but maybe not as he did change it around a little fairly quickly.A photographer near me was full of "is Silva there" "is Tevez there". Must be working for the Sun:)

Then it was back all together for a final game to finish of what was a shortish session.No real intensity in the game either compared to what I often see.Not that people weren't trying (hmm) but it did seem to lack that desire to win even though it's just a training session.Goals came mostly from tap ins either after good work or a save. Scapuzzi 2,Roman,Tevez are the ones I can remember. Seemed a little one sided as well with one team lacking any umph going forward.Bridge came the closest twice with 2 efforts which hit the bar (one a great fingertip save from Costel)

Will be very interesting to see what team he picks and even more interesting to see how they play.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Tuesday 20/9

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:23 pm

Cheers Doug. Looks like the Cup game will be a mix of our EDS lads with a scattering of outcasts. Just what I hoped for.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby steveo_88 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:48 pm

Good job as always. I don't like the sound of this all tap-ins, please don't turn us into Arsenal where we only shoot once inside the box.

Beefy IMO I think there may be a couple of kids out there depending on Owen and Milner's fitness but Ballo, Tevez, Pantillimon, Savic, Zabba etc all need games. Especially Tevez and Mario, Tevez did ok against Wigan but looked a little behind everyone else due to lack of minutes and Ballotelli needs minutes because he's still band for two more games in Europe.
South Stand Blue

steveo_88
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Jesus Navas
My favourite player is: Eyal Berkovic

Postby Chinners » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:01 pm

Cheers Doug as always. Whe you get reporters asking if such and such is there you must be tempted to give false info, I know I would. In fact in response to 'is Tevez there?' I'd probably say something like "no but bizzarely Adebayor is!"
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:24 pm

Chinners wrote:Cheers Doug as always. Whe you get reporters asking if such and such is there you must be tempted to give false info, I know I would. In fact in response to 'is Tevez there?' I'd probably say something like "no but bizzarely Adebayor is!"

I decided complete silence was the correct response so another photographer gave the answers. I think they knew better than to ask me who the rest of them were today.They wouldnt have got accurate answers as you suggest.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby john@staustell » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:34 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Cheers Doug. Looks like the Cup game will be a mix of our EDS lads with a scattering of outcasts. Just what I hoped for.

I'll be very disappointed if we chuck it away again (like last year) with EDS kids, when we have at least 10 outfield first team players who need a game.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Chinners » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:34 pm

Ha ha, if they ask about Nasri you should tell them his cast is on the other arm today ... fucl them
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby dbinod » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:55 pm

is carling cup matchday squad already released.roman has tweeted that he was in it.
dbinod
Ben Thatcher's Elbow

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: kompany

Postby paulmclaren » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:21 pm

Ain't it funny how mancinis son always gets the nod yet he's hardly one of the better players in the youth team.
paulmclaren
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city f.c
My favourite player is: Carlos Tevez

Postby john@staustell » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:46 pm

dbinod wrote:is carling cup matchday squad already released.roman has tweeted that he was in it.

Could be on his way to a disciplinary. May get away it with if he can refrain from tweeting whether he is selected or not - either way is info useful to an enemy and worthy of a firing squad.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:55 pm

john@staustell wrote:
dbinod wrote:is carling cup matchday squad already released.roman has tweeted that he was in it.

Could be on his way to a disciplinary. May get away it with if he can refrain from tweeting whether he is selected or not - either way is info useful to an enemy and worthy of a firing squad.

Doesn't imo give away too much:
"JoanAngelRoman Joan Angel Roman
Very happy for beeing in the squad for the Carling Cup game against Birmingham!! Hopefully i can get some minutes!! take care everyone!!"

I'm sure everyone expected youngsters to play some part anyway
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Return to The Maine Football forum