Training Friday 14/10

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Training Friday 14/10

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:48 am

A routine day behind the fencing today with a lot of the work done close up to the fences where the photographers were gathered. First out were Nasri and Kolarov who both did some early routines to get warmed up,then followed by Mario who was definitely in playground mood.

As the coaches were setting balls out for the planned routines Mario decided to use them for shooting practice leaving fausto to have to get them back into place. Then a bit later during one of the warm up routines Mario did something to Fausto that winded him a little (maybe a camera got it) and from then was carefully keeping out of his range. My bet is there will be revenge taken inside:) All classic Mario.

A brief hand ball game where you could only pass after passing the ball from hand to hand through your own legs! No surprise one or two had difficulty coming to terms with this one but very funny when they tried.One touch games plus a game with the tiny nets with a few goals and the pick being Kolo practicing a Richard Dunne effort,in off his knee. Aguero had gone away to work on his own before any football started and Razak also left to leave it as 11 v 11.

An early goal came from that prolific scorer Zaba. Cracker too as he ran in on a great low cross from Clichy and smahed it in. Great cheers from his team mates and a massive smile for Zaba.The next goal from Mario made it 2 nil again from a low cross and this time from Nasri. At the other end Joe Hart made two stunning saves. First low to his right from Micah driving into the box and then from Dezko high to his right from fairly close in. Nothing too much else to note from the game but one or two thoughts on players not always in the spotlight.

Nedum as I have mentioned before is looking quite trim and for me doing everything right in training. Strong,fit and looks like a good defender albeit it in a training scenario.I wonder if he has worked his way close to if not into Mancini's thinking. Owen Hargreaves always does a little extra warm up at the start while most others are milling around waiting for Mancini to get the official work started.He has the odd extra strapping or plasters on his legs ( the bits I can see) but just gets on with it and looks good to me without being in any way stand out.Panti seems very good although one thing not tested in the training games ,as it's small pitch stuff,is going for crosses but he does seem to use his height and reach well in anticipating balls.

As they were training close to fences mostly today you could get a feel for the mood in the camp at least to a degree. Excellent I would say and the keep ball circles they did right under the noses of the cameras gave them plenty of chances to reflect that mood.I wonder if they will do that.I expect to see pictures from today on the OS as Sharon was clicking away for a while.

With regard to that other player who would be training a bit later I am told that yesterday he was worked very very hard.A bit more like a pre season running slog of a session and all without a ball. Dont know about you but that's not the impression I got from what I heard on SSN yesterday where the suggesstion seemed to be a light running session.Maybe it will be another tough one today.Ple
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Friday 14/10

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:29 pm

Thanks Mr H. for the usual, high quality summary.

With regard to Nedum, even though as you so rightly point out it's only in a training scenario, how comfortable does he look these days when he's got the ball at his feet ?? Does his overall technique looked to have improved to any degree ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:40 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Thanks Mr H. for the usual, high quality summary.

With regard to Nedum, even though as you so rightly point out it's only in a training scenario, how comfortable does he look these days when he's got the ball at his feet ?? Does his overall technique looked to have improved to any degree ??

Not wanting to dodge the question but it's really impossible to say.The games are always very fast paced and for defenders usually two touch so there is little thinking time and no time at all to have the ball and look up for options. Gut feel would be that he is as comfortable as Micah but nowhere near as good at attacking as he is.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:50 pm

Cheers Doug.

Does Hargreaves now look like he would be ready to play in a game &at 100% as Platt was suggesting before the break ?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:54 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Cheers Doug.

Does Hargreaves now look like he would be ready to play in a game &at 100% as Platt was suggesting before the break ?

I think so but there is a difference to playing at 100% and playing a full game. I wouldn't say he would last a full 90 minutes yet.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:56 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

I think so but there is a difference to playing at 100% and playing a full game. I wouldn't say he would last a full 90 minutes yet.

I would laugh for a considerable time if he came on in a PL game & looked quality.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:02 pm

Nige looking good for Saturday Doug?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:05 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Nige looking good for Saturday Doug?

Nailed on and looking fine I would say.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:11 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Nige looking good for Saturday Doug?

Nailed on and looking fine I would say.

Good news. Hopefully he'll put Agbonlahor in his place and I bet he's raring to go.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby brite blu sky » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:36 pm

Cheers Doug.

Will be great to see Nige back out there on Sat.

Supposedly Bob is going to rest some players, I will believe that when i see it tbh.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:26 pm

brite blu sky wrote:Cheers Doug.

Supposedly Bob is going to rest some players, I will believe that when i see it tbh.

Well if for instance De Jong & Balotelli play, that means either Yaya plays forward & Dzeko is rested, or Barry is rested & Yaya plays next to DeJong. Then if AJ plays, Nasri or Silva has to step down. Then there's Milner, Kolo Toure, Micah/Zabba, Kolarov/Clichy. If he doesn't give them all games during the next 3, arses will be seen.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:51 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

Well if for instance De Jong & Balotelli play, that means either Yaya plays forward & Dzeko is rested, or Barry is rested & Yaya plays next to DeJong. Then if AJ plays, Nasri or Silva has to step down. Then there's Milner, Kolo Toure, Micah/Zabba, Kolarov/Clichy. If he doesn't give them all games during the next 3, arses will be seen.

Changes will be made!!!
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Kladze » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:30 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

Changes will be made!!!

Hor d'oevres vill be obeyed !!!
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby Bluedj » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:33 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

I would laugh for a considerable time if he came on in a PL game & looked quality.

A Rag mate ripped into me about Hargreaves joing us "After they sooooo looked after him" for years

Bitter rag barstools or what eh?
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby Martinez » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:20 am

Bluedj wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

A Rag mate ripped into me about Hargreaves joing us "After they sooooo looked after him" for years

I thought they gave him dodgy injections and when that didn't work they just waited for his contract to run out so they could get rid? I'd say they did their best to destroy an english internationals career, City, the impeccables, would have none of it and saved him. That's the story I'm sticking with
Last edited by Martinez on Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Martinez
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Fesan » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:21 am

Bluedj wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Well he has nothing to complain about, they let him go... If they wanted to keep him they would have and he would have stayed so what is the problem? Blaim yourselves.

P.S Should I get in Balo or Dzeko for my fantasy team Doug?:P
Fesan
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:51 am

Fesan wrote:
Bluedj wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Well he has nothing to complain about, they let him go... If they wanted to keep him they would have and he would have stayed so what is the problem? Blaim yourselves.

P.S Should I get in Balo or Dzeko for my fantasy team Doug?:P

Balo as I expect Dzeko on the bench. I could be wrong though
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:06 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Balo as I expect Dzeko on the bench. I could be wrong though

Bum!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:37 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Balo as I expect Dzeko on the bench. I could be wrong though

Bum!

Could be even bummier if he starts with the team I saw him work with! No Silva or Nasri as well as no Aguero or Dzeko! Would he really start with such a team?
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Dameerto » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:41 am

Dave came off after something like 55 mins in Spain's latest match (while on for a hattrick) - I think to do something like that (taking the score into consideration) the club possibly made a request for him to be rested if at all possible. Kind of leads me to suspect he will be playing, which isn't too big a revelation given his form lately.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum