Paranoia and Conspiracy Theories

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Paranoia and Conspiracy Theories

Postby CityGer » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:25 pm

Is it a seasonal thing?

I've read more shite on here over the last few days than I have in the previous five years.

Teams lying down for united, managers doing bacon 'favours', bent refs, bent fixture lists, bent PL, teams raising their agsinst us, the refs under instruction to keep the league interesting etc etc.

Get a fucking grip.

I've never heard anything like it. It's cringeworthy.
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Re: Paranoia and Conspiracy Theories

Postby Scatman » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:26 pm

CityGer wrote:Is it a seasonal thing?

I've read more shite on here over the last few days than I have in the previous five years.

Teams lying down for united, managers doing bacon 'favours', bent refs, bent fixture lists, bent PL, teams raising their agsinst us, the refs under instruction to keep the league interesting etc etc.

Get a fucking grip.

Nowt worse than denial ;)
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Mase » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:28 pm

Are we gonna have this 'paranoia' thread every few months? Is it a seasonal thing?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:48 pm

You're obviously working for 'them' 0_o
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:53 pm

is this kennydalglishfans.net?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:18 pm

Just 'cos you can't see 'em doesn't mean that they aren't out there!

Seriously, I'm no conspiracy theorist and definately not paranoid but there are some strange things agoing on. From what I see it's very hard not to think such things when you get sendings off as yesterday. At the end of the day the Premier League is an entertainment business funded mainly by Sky who sell the product. They both have an obligation to their customers in order to continue to sell their product and will do what's needed to ensure it stays at the top.

Having City running away the league with the Old Sky 4 not getting a look in would be disastrous for their business. It would be like the Beeb getting rid of Eastenders or ITV binning Corrie, these are the flagship entertainments that would lose them millions.

Anyway, back to work.

Last edited by Beefymcfc on Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:20 pm

i don't believe in the conspiracy theories either, but it would be interesting to have someone give the statistical possibilities of City playing away after every CL match and the Filth playing at home. Shirley, that would be an interesting number. Just sayin.

If we lose the league, it will be down to us, which is a good feeling to be honest. We don't need other teams to have a terrific swoon, we just need to do our jobs and we can win it. It's that fact which makes people look for external factors to blame/get paranoid about i think. All that footballing responsibility or possibility isn't something we're used to, is it? For Rags, they are used to it...it's what they've known for two decades now.

This is where we make our money...the next month will i think dictate what happens for City this season. We need to shine like diamonds.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Rag_hater » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:52 pm

I think all the Paranoia is down to them peskey skunks.
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Original Dub » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:04 pm

IMO three of the last five city games I've watched, an opposition player should have walked and in the chelsea game a clear cut penalty to put us 2 nil up against ten men.

They are HUGE decisions and in two cases in particular the ref was standing right there. These are the facts.

Also, I can't remember the last time a team had to play away after every single champs league game. Its uncanny.... Once again, this is fact.

I don't know why it has been made harder for us to win the league this season - maybe its pure coincidence - but I think every game we played after the champs league was harder to win and I also think the toughest period of the season was kinder to the rags.

Still, I believe we will win it. Although I think we will probably have to be on of the best teams to ever win it because for some reason or another, the obstacles seem to be stacked in front of us more than our friends.
Original Dub

Postby CityFanFromRome » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:17 pm

Original Dub wrote:Still, I believe we will win it. Although I think we will probably have to be on of the best teams to ever win it because for some reason or another, the obstacles seem to be stacked in front of us more than our friends.

Think of the satisfaction of winning it knowing that our path was much harder than the opposition's ;) After all, conspiracy or not the best we can do is to keep playing and win as many games as we can, there's nothing else we can do.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Original Dub » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:30 pm

Well that's what I'm looking forward to more than anything I've ever looked forward to before when it comes to city. None of us actually know for sure if things are purposely made harder to either keep the league more exciting or to help the rags.

I hope not.
Original Dub

Postby Beeks » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:35 pm

No conspiracy theories about teams lying down for the rags

It happens

When you've dominated the league like they have for so many years then the fear factor plays a big part

We have had it ourselves recently when teams shit themselves and use a gameplan different to what they would usually ending more often than not in catastrophy

Rags get that more than any other team

Even refs get intimidated officiating their games

It's not fucking rocket science
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby CityGer » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:43 pm

Beeks wrote:No conspiracy theories about teams lying down for the rags

It happens

When you've dominated the league like they have for so many years then the fear factor plays a big part

We have had it ourselves recently when teams shit themselves and use a gameplan different to what they would usually ending more often than not in catastrophy

That's correct.

What I'm saying is that it is a subconscious, psychological thing due to years of being dominated by them.

Teams and managers don't set out to lie down to them.
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:01 pm

CityGer wrote:
Beeks wrote:No conspiracy theories about teams lying down for the rags

It happens

That's correct.

What I'm saying is that it is a subconscious, psychological thing due to years of being dominated by them.

Teams and managers don't set out to lie down to them.

quite right...and in addition they often try things that maybe they aren't equipped for either tactically or personnel-wise in desperation moves to try and get some points against top teams -- we see teams doing it to us now. Only on the rare occasion does a manager, a la Mick McCarthy a couple seasons ago, purposely set out a weakened lineup due to forthcoming fixtures and lack of resource. And even that, as much as it is judged critically, i can somewhat understand. It happens in every sport.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:32 pm

CityGer wrote:Is it a seasonal thing?

Get a fucking grip.

Are you taking the fucking piss ? There are more threads created by people like yourselves moaning about the rest of us having views on Utd than there are the opposite.

In stead of having a go at us. Why not ask yourself the question why YOU feel the need to start another thread on it & what kind of fucking responses do you expect to get ? Just a load of people agreeing with you & nothing else ? Isthat how far they've got into your head ? You have started a fucking thread, designed to get people posting the exact stuff you're complaining about. ON A CITY FORUM. You're the 2nd person to start a 'lay off Utd' thread since yesterday evening ON A CITY FORUM.

If we want to accuse Utd of starting world war fucking three & assassinating President Kennedy, we are allowed to WE ARE CITY FANS. There are plenty of places full of Utd fans you can go & preach to. None of them will have any threads slagging off their members for criticising us, right or wrong.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Arjan Van Schotte » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:35 pm

it is very boring. the fa are out to get us, the refs are out to get us, the papers are out to get us, uefa are out to get us (ok - that might have some truth....) - but if they all gather in darkened rooms to ensure our failure, then someone forgot to invite surly alex's "good friend" tony pulis on wednesday night.

although,speaking of him, i can't believe more wasn't made of when pulis withdrew his players on loan at preston when they sacked the son of satan.
"Whatever it is that we "bought" - we didn't put it up for sale..."

Arjan Van Schotte
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Манчестер Сити

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:45 pm

Arjan Van Schotte wrote:it is very boring. the fa are out to get us, the refs are out to get us, the papers are out to get us, uefa are out to get us (ok - that might have some truth....) - but if they all gather in darkened rooms to ensure our failure, then someone forgot to invite surly alex's "good friend" tony pulis on wednesday night.

although,speaking of him, i can't believe more wasn't made of when pulis withdrew his players on loan at preston when they sacked the son of satan.

How many of us came straight out & said that Stoke rolled over for us ? Yet we are not capable of seeing a team do the same v the rags ? If teams do the same for us regularly, we will comment on it. When teams play like their lives depend on it one week then play like they're visiting a museum & don't want to break anything v the rags, we will also comment on it.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Original Dub » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:56 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
How many of us came straight out & said that Stoke rolled over for us ? Yet we are not capable of seeing a team do the same v the rags ? If teams do the same for us regularly, we will comment on it. When teams play like their lives depend on it one week then play like they're visiting a museum & don't want to break anything v the rags, we will also comment on it.

Exactly.

I've seen stoke roll over for us. I've seen about 6 teams do it for the rags.
Original Dub

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:00 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Arjan Van Schotte wrote:it is very boring. the fa are out to get us, the refs are out to get us, the papers are out to get us, uefa are out to get us (ok - that might have some truth....) - but if they all gather in darkened rooms to ensure our failure, then someone forgot to invite surly alex's "good friend" tony pulis on wednesday night.

You have it wrong Ted...WBA deserved a draw and you must take your hat off to them...also according to John "I remember when" 68 , you must be thankful that we are still 1st on goal difference as I bet you cannot remember when last we were in this position ??? .....bear in mind that if we fall into second place after the next round of results you must also take your hat off to Sunderland and also thank your stars we are second as...wait for it....when was the last time we........................

I think you get the point mate.

Can I just add that I'm in the top 10 of City fans who hate the Rags more than anyone else.
Last edited by carl_feedthegoat on Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Dameerto » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:01 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:i don't believe in the conspiracy theories either, but it would be interesting to have someone give the statistical possibilities of City playing away after every CL match and the Filth playing at home. Shirley, that would be an interesting number. Just sayin.

If we lose the league, it will be down to us, which is a good feeling to be honest. We don't need other teams to have a terrific swoon, we just need to do our jobs and we can win it. It's that fact which makes people look for external factors to blame/get paranoid about i think. All that footballing responsibility or possibility isn't something we're used to, is it? For Rags, they are used to it...it's what they've known for two decades now.

This is where we make our money...the next month will i think dictate what happens for City this season. We need to shine like diamonds.

cheers

The two things are the same really, since the police and health and safety don't want fans from four clubs in Manchester on the same date and time. I'd still like to see the probability though.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum