Paranoia and Conspiracy Theories

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Paranoia and Conspiracy Theories

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:10 pm

Looks like sense prevails. Pity it didn't during the game eh!

Wigan have won their appeal against Conor Sammon's red card in their defeat to Manchester United on Boxing Day.

The striker was shown a straight red after clashing with Michael Carrick in the first half at Old Trafford.

The successful appeal means 25-year-old Sammon is now available to face Stoke on Saturday.

Manager Roberto Martinez said: "Conor did nothing wrong. You need to accept punishment when you do something wrong but this is a normal phase of play."

Wigan were losing 1-0 when Sammon was sent off by Phil Dowd for catching Carrick in the face with a flailing arm. The Latics were eventually beaten 5-0 by the Reds.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mase » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:13 pm

Does that mean Dowd will be banned from refereeing a Premiership game for a while then?

No, didn't think so....
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby mcfc1632 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:25 pm

Mase wrote:Does that mean Dowd will be banned from refereeing a Premiership game for a while then?

No, didn't think so....

Probably only those not involving the scum!!!! So it will be probably be seen as a promotion!!!

Sorry for the blatant scum conspiracy style comment - do not mean to offend anyone
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:00 pm

mcfc1632 wrote:
Mase wrote:Does that mean Dowd will be banned from refereeing a Premiership game for a while then?

No, didn't think so....

Probably only those not involving the scum!!!! So it will be probably be seen as a promotion!!!

Sorry for the blatant scum conspiracy style comment - do not mean to offend anyone

Has someone pulled you up about something, that's twice you've mentioned the need to be non-offensive in your/others posts?

Anyway, he'll probably be promoted to every other game for them, he did well you know.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby mcfc1632 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:21 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
mcfc1632 wrote:

No, didn't think so....

Has someone pulled you up about something, that's twice you've mentioned the need to be non-offensive in your/others posts?

Anyway, he'll probably be promoted to every other game for them, he did well you know.

No - not been pulled up - just paying due recognition to the sensitivities of the PC brigade. They seem to be quite precious and I would not want to add to their being uncomfortable at harsh comments
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:58 pm

mcfc1632 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
mcfc1632 wrote:

No, didn't think so....

No - not been pulled up - just paying due recognition to the sensitivities of the PC brigade. They seem to be quite precious and I would not want to add to their being uncomfortable at harsh comments

I'd be inclined to do it regardless, it's much more fun.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Arjan Van Schotte » Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:42 pm

i guess all those conspiracists must've been pissed today!
"Whatever it is that we "bought" - we didn't put it up for sale..."

Arjan Van Schotte
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Манчестер Сити

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:48 pm

Arjan Van Schotte wrote:i guess all those conspiracists must've been pissed today!

Blackburn tried to lose the game but the scum fucked it up.

Simple.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby CityGer » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:22 pm

Arjan Van Schotte wrote:i guess all those conspiracists must've been pissed today!

Far from it.

Blackburn did their best to chuck the game and the media have brushed it aside, ignoring the fact that this was a great day for city.
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby Lev Bronstein » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:18 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Blackburn tried to lose the game but the scum fucked it up.

Simple.

Didn't try hard enough then did they.
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:34 pm

Thumbs up ma' man. Thumbs fucking up.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Tesl » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:39 am

Dameerto wrote:
Lev Bronstein wrote:
Dameerto wrote:Lev, we're talking about playing an AWAY league game after each CL group stage game.

Me too.

As long as CL group games are held on alternate weeks AND we're away on alternate weeks, then we're EITHER at home after each CL group game OR away. Only two sets of fixtures are possible so the probability of playing either set of fixures is 1/2.

As for your second post, you've just exposed the difficulties of infinity mathematics.

Fortunately, we don't need to worry about that as Sky have yet to impose the infinitely long season and UEFA haven't developed the notion of an infinite number of CL group games.
Best not give them any ideas.

It's irrelevant when the CL games are held (providing there's enough time between them to allow a Prem game to be played). There are more than two sets of possibilities for Prem fixtures as well since Prem fixtures don't occur alternately home or away - your assumptions are wrong. (For example it could be HAHAHA, AHAHAH, HHAHAA, HHHAAA, HHHHHH, AAAAAA, HHHHHA, HHHHAA, etc, etc, etc). At this point I'm repeating myself.

Although prem fixtures don't have to alternate home and away, there is a rule when generating fixtures that a team cannot be home or away more than two games in a row. So HHAAHH is possible, HHHAAA is not.

Of course in practice they aim to do HAHAHAHA etc, that they can do two in a row just gives some extra room for maneuvre when fixtures have to be changed around for various reasons (ie, because of police requests, ground shares)

I remember this being a good link on it:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher ... mpute.html

So anyway, although the odds are probably not 1/2 as a fixture could have been moved about if necessary, the odds would almost definitely be closer to 1/2 than 1/32.

Anyway, last year everyone complained it was fixed because the first/last game was away again. Don't have that problem this year. Fans always think everyone is against them - I think I only recently started to understand the extent of this recently as I read RAWK quite a bit for fun. Admittedly they are batshit insane of course.
Tesl
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: City

Postby zuricity » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:27 am

Tesl wrote:
Dameerto wrote:
Lev Bronstein wrote:
Dameerto wrote:Lev, we're talking about playing an AWAY league game after each CL group stage game.

Me too.

As long as CL group games are held on alternate weeks AND we're away on alternate weeks, then we're EITHER at home after each CL group game OR away. Only two sets of fixtures are possible so the probability of playing either set of fixures is 1/2.

As for your second post, you've just exposed the difficulties of infinity mathematics.

Fortunately, we don't need to worry about that as Sky have yet to impose the infinitely long season and UEFA haven't developed the notion of an infinite number of CL group games.
Best not give them any ideas.

It's irrelevant when the CL games are held (providing there's enough time between them to allow a Prem game to be played). There are more than two sets of possibilities for Prem fixtures as well since Prem fixtures don't occur alternately home or away - your assumptions are wrong. (For example it could be HAHAHA, AHAHAH, HHAHAA, HHHAAA, HHHHHH, AAAAAA, HHHHHA, HHHHAA, etc, etc, etc). At this point I'm repeating myself.

Although prem fixtures don't have to alternate home and away, there is a rule when generating fixtures that a team cannot be home or away more than two games in a row. So HHAAHH is possible, HHHAAA is not.

Of course in practice they aim to do HAHAHAHA etc, that they can do two in a row just gives some extra room for maneuvre when fixtures have to be changed around for various reasons (ie, because of police requests, ground shares)

I remember this being a good link on it:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher ... mpute.html

So anyway, although the odds are probably not 1/2 as a fixture could have been moved about if necessary, the odds would almost definitely be closer to 1/2 than 1/32.

Anyway, last year everyone complained it was fixed because the first/last game was away again. Don't have that problem this year. Fans always think everyone is against them - I think I only recently started to understand the extent of this recently as I read RAWK quite a bit for fun. Admittedly they are batshit insane of course.

Like i mentioned earlier in this thread. Conveniently before the cl program begins, city get two home games on the trot. For no real reason ....... Makes you think doesn't it. ?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby zuricity » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:45 pm

And as if anyone needs more evidence of the stupid media, putting out garbage against City and in particular Roberto. Here's another well reseached piece of crap from "A Sportsmail Reporter" .... Really pathetic.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2080865/Roberto-Mancini-tried-attack-says-Juan-Veron.html?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Lev Bronstein » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:58 pm

zuricity wrote:And as if anyone needs more evidence of the stupid media, putting out garbage against City and in particular Roberto. Here's another well reseached piece of crap from "A Sportsmail Reporter" .... Really pathetic.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2080865/Roberto-Mancini-tried-attack-says-Juan-Veron.html?

So, Roberto tried to slap someone who was arsey with him.

Doesn't seem to bear a grudge.

And SAF is the maestro.

Bloody pointless article
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:49 pm

A ludicrous yellow for De Jong and an offside goal against us today.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby mr_nool » Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:22 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:A ludicrous yellow for De Jong and an offside goal against us today.

Haven't read this whole thread of tripe too carefully, so I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not...
In my opinion de Jong's yellow was far from ludicrous - a bit harsh, perhaps - but certainly not ludicrous.
The goal was offside, but it was a very close call, which do go the wrong way every now and then.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby feedthegreek » Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:29 pm

switch on the radio 2morrow and see who steals the headlines scum losing or us losing ,sat will be forgotten and city will be bottling it.
the bias is unbelievable even the other half said why are they talking about ferguson when city are playing, and she knows nowt about football.
feedthegreek
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Chinners » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:45 pm

er ... the radio was on all day about them losing, as you say thou tomorrow will be our turn, which is strangely logical considering we played a day later
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby feedthegreek » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:56 pm

its not the fact it will reported, its the enthusiasm they will show when reporting it is the point, it felt like a funeral on espn yesterday
tomorrow itll be like your best ever stag do.
feedthegreek
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum