Sky Sports Title Run in

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Sky Sports Title Run in

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:34 pm

Wolves v Manchester United - 18th March
United have the chance to move four points clear on Sunday and, with Wolves struggling to find form under new boss Terry Connor, three points should be a formality.

Prediction - United win (Man Utd 70 pts, Man City 66)

Manchester City v Chelsea - 21st March
Chelsea inflicted the first league defeat on City this season and will be determined to boost their top-four hopes, making this a potential banana skin for Mancini's men even with their flawless home record.

Prediction - City win (Man Utd 70 pts, Man City 69)

Stoke v Manchester City - 24th March
Another tricky fixture for Man City, as Stoke remain dangerous opponents at the Britannia Stadium despite their overall inconsistency. The Potters took points off United earlier in the season and will hope to do the same here.

Prediction - Draw (Man City 70 pts, Man Utd 70)

Manchester United v Fulham - 26th March
Fulham have been in decent form recently but that has mostly been at home and United, 5-0 winners at Craven Cottage, should prove too strong for their visitors in this Monday night meeting.

Prediction - United win (Man Utd 73pts, Man City 70)

Manchester City v Sunderland - 31st March
Shocked by Martin O'Neill's resurgent Black Cats at the Stadium of Light, there will be no danger of complacency in the return match as City set their sights on revenge.

Prediction - City win (Man City 73 pts, Man Utd 73)

Blackburn v Manchester United - 2nd April
United may appear to have the more favourable fixture list but there is always an occasional slip-up at this stage of the season and Blackburn, scrapping hard for survival and winners at Old Trafford, could be capable of causing another upset.

Prediction - Draw (Man Utd 74 pts, Man City 73)

Manchester United v Queens Park Rangers - 8th April
United kick off a potentially pivotal Super Sunday with a home game against old boy Mark Hughes and his QPR side, and will not want to waste the opportunity to put pressure on their rivals.

Prediction - United win (Man Utd 77 pts, Man City 73)

Arsenal v Manchester City - 8th April
Arsenal have been in blistering form over the past few weeks and may be an unstoppable force by the time City visit the Emirates Stadium, marking this out as one of the biggest games in the run-in. Three points for Mancini's men would give them a huge amount of belief, but could that be beyond them?

Prediction - Arsenal win (Man Utd 77pts, Man City 73)

Manchester City v West Brom - 11th April
West Brom have proved very resilient this season and will be fighting for a top-half finish, but City have been devastating at the Etihad Stadium and should have no difficulty in claiming another scalp.

Prediction - City win (Man Utd 77pts, Man City 76)

Wigan v Manchester United - 11th April
Wigan's desperation for points in the relegation tussle should make them tough opponents at this stage of the season, but they are usually lambs to the slaughter when it comes to United and this will probably not change at the DW Stadium.

Prediction - United win (Man Utd 80 pts, Man City 76)

Norwich v Manchester City - 14th April
Norwich cannot be praised highly enough for the way they have acquitted themselves on their return to the top flight and have turned Carrow Road into something of a fortress, but with their survival likely to be guaranteed by this point it should be City that have the greater will to win.

Prediction - City win (Man Utd 80 pts, Man City 79)

Manchester United v Aston Villa - 15th April
United's title know-how and experience in these situations should ensure they are clicking into top gear with just a few weeks of the season remaining, and there is no reason to think Villa's poor record at Old Trafford will improve.

Prediction - United win (Man Utd 83 pts, Man City 79)

Manchester United v Everton - 22nd April
Everton are a bit like United in that over the past few years they have traditionally got better as the season progresses, but if our predictions are still holding true this could be a great chance for Ferguson's men to open up a commanding lead in the title race.

Prediction - United win (Man Utd 86 pts, Man City 79)

Wolves v Manchester City - 22nd April
Later that Sunday Manchester City travel to Molineux to face relegation-threatened Wolves, and they will be in no mood to show any mercy.

Prediction - City win (Man Utd 86 pts, Man City 82)

Manchester City v Manchester United - 30th April
A Manchester derby which promises to be one of the biggest ever contested, Ferguson and Mancini have both identified this Monday night meeting as a potential title decider. It was a wonderful afternoon for the blue half of the town at Old Trafford earlier in the season as City ran out 6-1 winners over ten-man United, and those incredible memories will be fresh in the minds of all the players when they lock horns again, even if they have met since in the FA Cup.

Prediction - City win (Man Utd 86 pts, Man City 85)

Manchester United v Swansea - 6th May
There will be two games left for each team at this stage and no margin for error if the title race is still alive. United are not prone to wilting under pressure and it would take an amazing performance from Swansea to stop them in their tracks.

Prediction - United win

Newcastle v Manchester City - 6th May
A tough journey to the North East lies in store for City on the penultimate weekend of the season, with the Magpies hoping to still be involved in the push for European qualification. City will be treating this like a final, though, and their extra class should tell.

Prediction - City win (Man Utd 89 pts, Man City 88)

Manchester City v Queens Park Rangers
All the neutrals will want to see the title race go down to the wire and, if it does, City will be confident of doing their bit with a victory over QPR, and old boss Hughes, who could be battling for their own Premier League survival.

Prediction - City win

Sunderland v Manchester United
It is never an easy trip to the Stadium of Light and Sunderland would be determined to spoil any hypothetical party, but they would probably not have anything else to play for and United would expect to hold their nerve.

Prediction - United win to become champions (Man Utd 92 pts, Man City 91)

How bias can you be ffs, United will drop more points than that and if they would off done this story before the Swansea game we would have it in the bag but as we all know sky wouldnt do that to United.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Re: Sky Sports Title Run in

Postby trout man » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:37 pm

I am afraid that this is not very far from the truth, the draw at Swansea was essential and if utd are 1 point clear going into the derby then I fear the worst.
Hoping our new rollercoaster gives us the thrill of our lives.
trout man
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: Ellie and City
My favourite player is: Vinnie

Postby CityGer » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:41 pm

I reckon it's about bang on. I can't see them finishing with much less than 92 points.

As for us, I think they've been fair. Maybe a draw at Arse and a win at Stoke is doable. We'll see how it pans out but 90 points won't win the league imo.
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:00 pm

The Swansea loss will haunt us for 68 years.

You heard it here first.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby feedthegreek » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:04 pm

trout man wrote:I am afraid that this is not very far from the truth, the draw at Swansea was essential and if utd are 1 point clear going into the derby then I fear the worst.
ill take that now scum 1pt clear when we play them.
feedthegreek
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Mike J » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:19 pm

Mark (Blue Army) wrote:
Wolves v Manchester United - 18th March
United have the chance to move four points clear on Sunday and, with Wolves struggling to find form under new boss Terry Connor, three points should be a formality.

Prediction - United win (Man Utd 70 pts, Man City 66)

Manchester City v Chelsea - 21st March
Chelsea inflicted the first league defeat on City this season and will be determined to boost their top-four hopes, making this a potential banana skin for Mancini's men even with their flawless home record.

Prediction - City win (Man Utd 70 pts, Man City 69)

Stoke v Manchester City - 24th March
Another tricky fixture for Man City, as Stoke remain dangerous opponents at the Britannia Stadium despite their overall inconsistency. The Potters took points off United earlier in the season and will hope to do the same here.

Prediction - Draw (Man City 70 pts, Man Utd 70)

Manchester United v Fulham - 26th March
Fulham have been in decent form recently but that has mostly been at home and United, 5-0 winners at Craven Cottage, should prove too strong for their visitors in this Monday night meeting.

Prediction - United win (Man Utd 73pts, Man City 70)

Manchester City v Sunderland - 31st March
Shocked by Martin O'Neill's resurgent Black Cats at the Stadium of Light, there will be no danger of complacency in the return match as City set their sights on revenge.

Prediction - City win (Man City 73 pts, Man Utd 73)

Blackburn v Manchester United - 2nd April
United may appear to have the more favourable fixture list but there is always an occasional slip-up at this stage of the season and Blackburn, scrapping hard for survival and winners at Old Trafford, could be capable of causing another upset.

Prediction - Draw (Man Utd 74 pts, Man City 73)

Manchester United v Queens Park Rangers - 8th April
United kick off a potentially pivotal Super Sunday with a home game against old boy Mark Hughes and his QPR side, and will not want to waste the opportunity to put pressure on their rivals.

Prediction - United win (Man Utd 77 pts, Man City 73)

Arsenal v Manchester City - 8th April
Arsenal have been in blistering form over the past few weeks and may be an unstoppable force by the time City visit the Emirates Stadium, marking this out as one of the biggest games in the run-in. Three points for Mancini's men would give them a huge amount of belief, but could that be beyond them?

Prediction - Arsenal win (Man Utd 77pts, Man City 73)

Manchester City v West Brom - 11th April
West Brom have proved very resilient this season and will be fighting for a top-half finish, but City have been devastating at the Etihad Stadium and should have no difficulty in claiming another scalp.

Prediction - City win (Man Utd 77pts, Man City 76)

Wigan v Manchester United - 11th April
Wigan's desperation for points in the relegation tussle should make them tough opponents at this stage of the season, but they are usually lambs to the slaughter when it comes to United and this will probably not change at the DW Stadium.

Prediction - United win (Man Utd 80 pts, Man City 76)

Norwich v Manchester City - 14th April
Norwich cannot be praised highly enough for the way they have acquitted themselves on their return to the top flight and have turned Carrow Road into something of a fortress, but with their survival likely to be guaranteed by this point it should be City that have the greater will to win.

Prediction - City win (Man Utd 80 pts, Man City 79)

Manchester United v Aston Villa - 15th April
United's title know-how and experience in these situations should ensure they are clicking into top gear with just a few weeks of the season remaining, and there is no reason to think Villa's poor record at Old Trafford will improve.

Prediction - United win (Man Utd 83 pts, Man City 79)

Manchester United v Everton - 22nd April
Everton are a bit like United in that over the past few years they have traditionally got better as the season progresses, but if our predictions are still holding true this could be a great chance for Ferguson's men to open up a commanding lead in the title race.

Prediction - United win (Man Utd 86 pts, Man City 79)

Wolves v Manchester City - 22nd April
Later that Sunday Manchester City travel to Molineux to face relegation-threatened Wolves, and they will be in no mood to show any mercy.

Prediction - City win (Man Utd 86 pts, Man City 82)

Manchester City v Manchester United - 30th April
A Manchester derby which promises to be one of the biggest ever contested, Ferguson and Mancini have both identified this Monday night meeting as a potential title decider. It was a wonderful afternoon for the blue half of the town at Old Trafford earlier in the season as City ran out 6-1 winners over ten-man United, and those incredible memories will be fresh in the minds of all the players when they lock horns again, even if they have met since in the FA Cup.

Prediction - City win (Man Utd 86 pts, Man City 85)

Manchester United v Swansea - 6th May
There will be two games left for each team at this stage and no margin for error if the title race is still alive. United are not prone to wilting under pressure and it would take an amazing performance from Swansea to stop them in their tracks.

Prediction - United win

Newcastle v Manchester City - 6th May
A tough journey to the North East lies in store for City on the penultimate weekend of the season, with the Magpies hoping to still be involved in the push for European qualification. City will be treating this like a final, though, and their extra class should tell.

Prediction - City win (Man Utd 89 pts, Man City 88)

Manchester City v Queens Park Rangers
All the neutrals will want to see the title race go down to the wire and, if it does, City will be confident of doing their bit with a victory over QPR, and old boss Hughes, who could be battling for their own Premier League survival.

Prediction - City win

Sunderland v Manchester United
It is never an easy trip to the Stadium of Light and Sunderland would be determined to spoil any hypothetical party, but they would probably not have anything else to play for and United would expect to hold their nerve.

Prediction - United win to become champions (Man Utd 92 pts, Man City 91)

How bias can you be ffs, United will drop more points than that and if they would off done this story before the Swansea game we would have it in the bag but as we all know sky wouldnt do that to United.

with our shambolic away performances and the sort of form utd are in, we are far more likely to drop more points than them. We have to win every game without fail. I hate sounding negative but i just dont see it happening.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby twosips » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:19 pm

I really can't see where United are gonna drop points, other than against us.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Elvistheblue » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:27 pm

I wonder if they predicted that Blackburn would win at the swamp and that we would put 6 past them? It isn't that easy is it, otherwise we would all be millionaires!
Elvistheblue
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Gods own club
My favourite player is: Spannish Dave

Postby mr_nool » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:31 pm

Elvistheblue wrote:I wonder if they predicted that Blackburn would win at the swamp and that we would put 6 past them? It isn't that easy is it, otherwise we would all be millionaires!

Of course we wouldn't. If it were that easy, you'd get really bad odds at the bookies...
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby ant london » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:31 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:The Swansea loss will haunt us for 68 years.

You heard it here first.

just cos you're stuck in an airport delayed don't be such a negative fuckbag CARL ;-)
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:33 pm

there are 10 matches to play. Rooney could break a fuclin leg at the weekend. Hart could fucking rip his shouder up making a fantastic save. We could find form and go on a run that makes them wobble.

anything could happen. i'm just going to try and enjoy it.

come on city!
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Rag_hater » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:36 pm

Thing is this is the worst rag team there has ever been so its feasible they could lose all the games they have coming.
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:48 pm

Actually I fail to see how that is biased.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:48 pm

wolves will beat them on sunday
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:48 pm

wolves will beat them on sunday
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:49 pm

ant london wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:The Swansea loss will haunt us for 68 years.

You heard it here first.

just cos you're stuck in an airport delayed don't be such a negative fuckbag CARL ;-)

Fucking shocking state of affairs it is.....a bird flew into an engine...FUCKING LIARS THEY ARE.

On the plus side I got vouchers for food and drink after my winging and whining pissed them off.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Elvistheblue » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:49 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Of course we wouldn't. If it were that easy, you'd get really bad odds at the bookies...

Exactly!
Elvistheblue
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Gods own club
My favourite player is: Spannish Dave

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:53 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:wolves will beat them on sunday

Wolves couldn't beat anyone with 22 players on their side....they are fuckign shit and will continue being fuckign shit until they go down.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:55 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Wolves couldn't beat anyone with 22 players on their side....they are fuckign shit and will continue being fuckign shit until they go down.

fuck you. go read your own goddam FB posts you mong. 30 pts to play for. How do you know Wolves can't eek something out of this? So, they are rank, but still....this is why they kick the ball.

spastic. go get your free hot dog and soda and chillax.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:59 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

fuck you. go read your own goddam FB posts you mong. 30 pts to play for. How do you know Wolves can't eek something out of this? So, they are rank, but still....this is why they kick the ball.

spastic. go get your free hot dog and soda and chillax.

cheers

hahahhahaha.....wanker...I never said we cant do it..I said Wolves wont beat anyone you knob.

3 hours to go....and who the fuck eats that shit ?
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum