*****Official Derby of all Time match thread*****

Follow the match live and post your in game comments on the official match day threads.

Re: *****Official Derby of all Time match thread*****

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue May 01, 2012 8:31 am

This was as good a performance, in its own way, as the 6-1 imo.

That was a great day but the rags were kind of mugged by our quality that day; they didn't know how good we were & we shocked them, plus it was a game they had to come out & win so the gaps were there to exploit.

This was the rags picking a side to do a job, without their comedy CB & comedy fullback, purely trying to neutralise City & mug us on the break. They have been away watching videos of us all week, planning for this one big moment, with all their 'experience' of title run ins, of away days in the Champion's league. All the pressure was on City to win, so they could just keep it tight & wait for us to implode. Except we didn't, we saw off their brief attempt to nick a goal & totally dominated them & when they did put their forwards on, it was US who looked like scoring not them.

The goal ? A set piece. Some of us on here said last season that if we had been as good at set pieces as Utd, we would have finished above them. Now we are & we we may well do exactly that. If anyone needs proof that we have improved, just look at the number of goals we've got from that. This stuff is CRUCIAL. (Next step is to score more direct free kicks ).

No problem with Bob's subs, they were what was needed at the time; this was not an ordinary game.

All the top performers, the legends, the big game players, were wearing blue shirts. We looked like the side with the experience, they looked lika side trying to nick a result in a cup game. We looked like Champions, they didn't.

Take that to Newcastle & give it everything. That's all we can ask.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby john@staustell » Tue May 01, 2012 8:50 am

Are we still doing the 'Mancini out' threads or have they been parked for a moment?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Sister of fu » Tue May 01, 2012 8:59 am

Well my stomach turning anxiety is still with me after an epic evening at the Eithad. I will probably get some grief for this but found the game so hard to enjoy as there was just so much riding on it and as soon as the whistle went my thoughts went straight to Sunday which IMO is a bigger game than the rags.

I have never ever felt emotions like I have in the past week and can all imagine it will get worse before it gets better. The sensible part of me though thinks that the momentum has swung massively in our favour and the players have got the bit between their teeth and will not allow this title to get away from them for a 2nd time in 6 weeks. I just think the hurt of the Arsenal game will spur them on even more.

As for the game. We bossed them and their team selection was baffling to say the least. United teams of the past have played to win and do it with style, last night they set up to contain. I wouldn’t be happy if I was rag this morning….a team on the decline…..?? Maybe?

I would like to thank Ashton for saving me from falling down several rows of steps after we scored. In a world of my own I stepped into the stairwell when Vinny scored and before I realised it Vinny was haring towards us in 110, little did I know loads of fans came pouring down the steps to join him, lucky for me Ashton grabbed me and stopped me from getting trampled on. Thanks Chris!!!

Best part of the night for me thought was with my 82 year old Grandma. I stayed the night as she had an Op over the weekend. As I walked in the door she was heading to bed, but she changed her mind when I said MOTD was on. So we had a cup of tea and watched the highlights together, priceless moments.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby london blue 2 » Tue May 01, 2012 9:01 am

phips wrote:Image

Philip jones is FUGLY
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby ashton287 » Tue May 01, 2012 9:59 am

[QUOTE="phips"][/QUOTE]

Look at the fear in de geas eyes in that picture. Like a rabbit caught in the headlights.
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Swales4ever » Tue May 01, 2012 10:03 am

Sister of fu wrote:Well my stomach turning anxiety is still with me after an epic evening at the Eithad. I will probably get some grief for this but found the game so hard to enjoy as there was just so much riding on it and as soon as the whistle went my thoughts went straight to Sunday which IMO is a bigger game than the rags.

I have never ever felt emotions like I have in the past week and can all imagine it will get worse before it gets better. The sensible part of me though thinks that the momentum has swung massively in our favour and the players have got the bit between their teeth and will not allow this title to get away from them for a 2nd time in 6 weeks. I just think the hurt of the Arsenal game will spur them on even more.

As for the game. We bossed them and their team selection was baffling to say the least. United teams of the past have played to win and do it with style, last night they set up to contain. I wouldn’t be happy if I was rag this morning….a team on the decline…..?? Maybe?

I would like to thank Ashton for saving me from falling down several rows of steps after we scored. In a world of my own I stepped into the stairwell when Vinny scored and before I realised it Vinny was haring towards us in 110, little did I know loads of fans came pouring down the steps to join him, lucky for me Ashton grabbed me and stopped me from getting trampled on. Thanks Chris!!!

Best part of the night for me thought was with my 82 year old Grandma. I stayed the night as she had an Op over the weekend. As I walked in the door she was heading to bed, but she changed her mind when I said MOTD was on. So we had a cup of tea and watched the highlights together, priceless moments.

Pussy.
good Lad, Ashton.

sorry FU, just kidding in joyful mood.
great sensible post. cheers

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Swales4ever » Tue May 01, 2012 10:12 am

Mancio4ever wrote:
P.s.: I suspect our Ted has replaced Potato: was that "bombing from the flaks" enough, without waiving the passing game, as per Ted's.

when the buzz will be dusted, I'd truly love to read Your assessment on this, Ted.
I mean, Rome wasn't built in a day, we had Aguero and/or Tevez rather than an Edin/Llorente inside the box, just glimpses of it, but I couldn't stop thinking to your lecturing for almost the first hour of the game.

2. "ACID QUEEN"

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue May 01, 2012 10:22 am

Mancio4ever wrote:
Mancio4ever wrote:
P.s.: I suspect our Ted has replaced Potato: was that "bombing from the flaks" enough, without waiving the passing game, as per Ted's.

when the buzz will be dusted, I'd truly love to read Your assessment on this, Ted.
I mean, Rome wasn't built in a day, we had Aguero and/or Tevez rather than an Edin/Llorente inside the box, just glimpses of it, but I couldn't stop thinking to your lecturing for almost the first hour of the game.

We had width but right from the kick off, Utd showed how it should be used simply, quickly & with purpose & even on a very bad night for crossing by their standards, they have a method for delivering quick simple ball which we really should learn from. We got in the position so many times (because we are better than them) but they can be there just once and give the defence a serious problem out of nothing. We need ten goes at it to get one ball in the right area.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Swales4ever » Tue May 01, 2012 10:34 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Mancio4ever wrote:
Mancio4ever wrote:

We had width but right from the kick off, Utd showed how it should be used simply, quickly & with purpose & even on a very bad night for crossing by their standards, they have a method for delivering quick simple ball which we really should learn from. We got in the position so many times (because we are better than them) but they can be there just once and give the defence a serious problem out of nothing. We need ten goes at it to get one ball in the right area.

I do agree. as I said, glimpses. but what I saw from the immense Zabba, often combining with Nasri, really made me think Bob is with You and that will be the main working issue at next summer camp. Gael, for the excellent he is in pretty almost all tasks, doesn't have directness amongst his bigger strenght, imo. it's all good, tho.

2. "ACID QUEEN"

Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue May 01, 2012 10:35 am

Mancio4ever wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Mancio4ever wrote:
Mancio4ever wrote:

I do agree. as I said, glimpses. but what I saw from the immense Zabba, often combining with Nasri, really made me think Bob is with You and that will be the main working issue at next summer camp. Gael, for the excellent he is in pretty almost all tasks, doesn't have directness amongst his bigger strenght, imo. it's all good, tho.

Yes it is & I think new a signing or two will be brought in to help in that area too.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby kennyboy » Tue May 01, 2012 10:56 am

would love Kompany's celebration in front of our fans as a background, anyone got a pic?
Scandinavian True Blue
kennyboy
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

My favourite player is: Keith Curle

Postby sheblue » Tue May 01, 2012 11:25 am

barry, komp, clichy all great last night........
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Tue May 01, 2012 11:29 am

kennyboy wrote:would love Kompany's celebration in front of our fans as a background, anyone got a pic?

Or a .gif even?
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue May 01, 2012 12:00 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17610190

Read down and dont let the best pundit ever ever ever ever ever ever put you off.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Mingchester Mingy » Tue May 01, 2012 12:07 pm

PROUD TO BE A CITY FAN
Mingchester Mingy
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby KippaxBlue » Tue May 01, 2012 2:59 pm

For those interested I have a large selection of pics of the game now online at

http://www.rtfract.com/citmay12.htm
KippaxBlue
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby phips » Tue May 01, 2012 9:21 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:
kennyboy wrote:would love Kompany's celebration in front of our fans as a background, anyone got a pic?

Or a .gif even?

Dunno how good these will be for backgrounds but here's what I could find:
http://wa1.www.3news.co.nz/Portals/0/AM/2012/5/1/252459/Man_City1.jpg?width=460;pv39ffe519344f777b
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/05/01/article-2137763-12D9BEB0000005DC-362_306x423.jpg
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Tue May 01, 2012 9:41 pm

Loved Vinnie's reaction at the end. Not allowing himself or the team to get carried away because he knows there's still a big job to do at Newcastle.

Born to lead fits him perfectly.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby london blue 2 » Tue May 01, 2012 9:43 pm

Shame about the watermark

london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby gillie » Wed May 02, 2012 7:52 am

gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell