Training Friday 20/12

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training Friday 20/12

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:29 pm

2 days in a row so I must be getting fitter.I was there early and no signs of players but I knew they would be out as Brandon and Ally (kit men and ball boys extraordinaire ) were out practicing their ball skills.What can I say but a lot more practice needed. And today I saw the first pap looking for something juicy but he didn't hang around long enough for them to come out.

The first player I saw was Olivier Ntcham running on his own and later he was being worked hard by 2 physios. Also later was Albert Rusnak doing some running so he must have had an injury I didn't know about. The first team finally came out with the injured players again for the Pellegrini briefing which was more normal in length today.Then onto some circuits of the pitch for a group of just 16 and 3 keepers off to do their warm ups.None of the "kids " from yesterday but Guidetti and Boyata still in the group.

Lots of stretches as you would expect before keep ball circles and then into a passing game.From what I could see and hear from a distance the target was to complete 10 passes against a strong pressing opposition and the losers doing 10 press ups.After this they acme to the goal nearest me to do some work on free kicks from all the sorts of angles and both sides of the pitch.Inswingers and outswingers in what was quite a tricky and strong wind.

To add to the defence a couple of the coaches were thrown in and one covering the near post decided the ball was travelling a bit fast so ducked out of it. Joe's reaction and words,and the team's generally, were really funny but for me not repeatable.He recovered somewhat on two others which he headed away but I think his head was hurting afterwards.Best free kick taker had to be David Silva.Then onto direct free kicks and not many successful ones either with one from Samir being a superb exception.

No game at the end of the session today but a few penalties to finish with from Yaya ,Aleks and Demechelis.Mostly very good but Joe took great delight when finally stopping one from Yaya.A nice session today for me to enjoy but nothing too fierce so now it's off to London hopefully for 3 points.

Have a great Christmas everybody and lets hope its 9 points from the 3 festive games.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Friday 20/12

Postby Mike J » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:10 pm

Guessing Jovetic wasnt involved because he isnt available again.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby phips » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:55 pm

sounds like he are, generally, shit at free kicks (aside from Aleks and Yaya) and corners
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby zuricity » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:58 pm

phips wrote:sounds like he are, generally, shit at free kicks (aside from Aleks and Yaya) and corners

Is it beyond you to see anything positive with our team, managers trainers etc ?

@ Dougie. Thanks for all the reports and Merry Christmas and Slide good into the New Year, as we here in mid europe see Freddie Frinton again. "Same procedure as last year".
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:18 pm

Mike J wrote:Guessing Jovetic wasnt involved because he isnt available again.

Not involved at all.He actually left early yesterday injured but not for me to say.I didn't see anything happen so must have been the same problem still showing.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Breks » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:18 pm

Mike J wrote:Guessing Jovetic wasnt involved because he isnt available again.

What is up with him now?
Breks
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:19 pm

phips wrote:sounds like he are, generally, shit at free kicks (aside from Aleks and Yaya) and corners

The average delivery today wasn't good hence why they need to practice it but the wind seriously didn't help.Anything lifted caught the wind and of course the lower ones don't beat the first man.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:26 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

The average delivery today wasn't good hence why they need to practice it but the wind seriously didn't help.Anything lifted caught the wind and of course the lower ones don't beat the first man.

I don't see how we can complain about free kicks & corners anyway, having scored from both in the past week.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:44 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

I don't see how we can complain about free kicks & corners anyway, having scored from both in the past week.

Tis strange isn't it that we seem to take a lot of garbage free kicks but do seem to have made a few count in recent times.As long as we beat the front man there is always a chance as the effort/determination and movement is pretty good now.Kompany and Demechelis help with that.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Cit.revenge » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:44 pm

Can somebody tell me wtf is going on with Jovetic ?!Last what i read was that he eat something bad before a cup game, so what is now with the guy?Half season pass he did not play a game and such a talent. This injury come all in a bad time a most games in short period and we miss 6-7 key players.
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:11 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

Tis strange isn't it that we seem to take a lot of garbage free kicks but do seem to have made a few count in recent times.As long as we beat the front man there is always a chance as the effort/determination and movement is pretty good now.Kompany and Demechelis help with that.

We have a plan these days. We have almost scored on several other occasions recently. Also, to add to the free kicks scored by Yaya & Kolarov, when Silva took o e v Bayern, he hit the bar & Negredo buried his. Huge improvement on the rubbish served up last season.

Cheers for your efforts Doug & all the best for Christmas.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:23 pm

Thanks Doug and have a good Christmas. Shame about Jovetic.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Twobob » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:36 pm

Thanks Doug! Always a great read and insight and much apreciated!

Have a great Christmas :)
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby marvin » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:07 pm

Aguero scored from a Nasri corner in our last home game
marvin
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Fidel Castro » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:58 pm

What is Jovetic?
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby Breks » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:21 pm

Cit.revenge wrote:Can somebody tell me wtf is going on with Jovetic ?!Last what i read was that he eat something bad before a cup game, so what is now with the guy?Half season pass he did not play a game and such a talent. This injury come all in a bad time a most games in short period and we miss 6-7 key players.

i have read on yahoo sport that he is ill.
Breks
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby dazby » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:26 am

You mention Joe a lot Doug, but not Pants. Hmm
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:31 am

I'd struggle to remember a whole season where we scored more free kicks than so far this season. Anyone complaining needs there head read!
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:15 am

dazby wrote:You mention Joe a lot Doug, but not Pants. Hmm

Not really any significance there Dazzler.Just that Joe's a bit louder and more outgoing so when he does something special or something unusual happens he tends to react more so is more noticeable. I should have mentioned a top penalty save from Aleks.

I see I made Inside City right near the end with my close up view of the keepers training.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby john@staustell » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:32 am

Fidel Castro wrote:What is Jovetic?

Alias the Phantom.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Return to Training Reports