Training Monday 23/12

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training Monday 23/12

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:07 pm

My 3rd training day in a row and how disgusting is that weather.Blowing like mad with some horrendously strong gusts so no chance of a brolly and my floppy cricket hat (needed as I wear glasses) had to be very firmly stuck on the old bonce.Anyway just a very brief report today.

The winds meant the top curtain was down so I could see as they all came out.Guidetti out early and the rest, including injureds, for the team talk from Pellegrini.After it finished there were 16 in for full training which happily included Nastasic.Whether he will be fit enough to start a game yet who knows.Lots of stretches and jogs and when they were going into the wind it was a little comical as they were leaning forward so as not to be blown backwards.

Into keep ball circles for a while and then into 2 groups for some planned runs and a sprint or two before 2 things happened.One of the groups went inside,probably mostly the Fulham team and a security guy was instructed to get the top level curtain up so I couldn't see clearly.A bit weird as I had watched 2 days in relatively calm conditions and here we were in the strongest wind and they want to stop me seeing easily.

Ah well with the wind and driving rain plus half the squad going in I was going to leave anyway.The security guy actually then said he had been asked to ask me not to report on any injuries I see,which he knows I don't and he knows that anyway. Like the one today I won't mention. (just kidding.... or am I?) It seems I am ok mentioning when someone is back from injury ( so ok re Nasti ) and I assume in recovery like Micah out running again today. When I asked if anyone had ever read a report he said he didn't think so. Strange. I suggested the Inside City guys should stop filming training as anyone can see who is missing.

Have great Christmas to all City fans out there and may we all have massive smiles late on Boxing Day.

PS I think Kun is injured

PPS I wandered round to the back of the swamp training ground and saw a few minutes there.All they were working on was diving and if it wasn't Ashley who was the lead coach.Press ups were the order of the day for anyone who didn't scream as he went down.Had to leave though as the smell was too strong.
Last edited by Douglas Higginbottom on Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Monday 23/12

Postby ruralblue » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:10 pm

Well in Doug. So glad your managing to get back to the iron curtain to bring these reports.

Have a very good Christmas pal x
ruralblue
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby blues2win » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:10 pm

Thanks as always Doug. Cracking stuff. Bad news about Kun though! Happy Xmas
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:18 pm

Hehe.

Nice one Doug.

What difference can it possibly make if you say who is injured ? Is Brendan Rogers going to base his fucking team on a training report on Mancityfans ? What if you were telling lies under instruction from Pellegrini ? He plans for playing v only Dzeko because you tell everyone the others are injured, & then Negredo & Aguero both turn up fit on the day ?

If the oppo were that arsed, they would just have someone stood next to you.

What nonsense.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:27 pm

Cracking Doug and to go out in this shows real mettle.

Have a Great Christmas and New Year mate, to you and the family. And to all Blues the world wide over.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby clippo22 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:05 pm

Cheers Doug, really enjoy reading these reports. I do find it strange that they treat you like some journo when clearly your a passionate fan. With the work they do inside the club like 'inside city' and 'tunnel cam' I'm surprised they haven't given you more access. Would be much better to give you more access and then censor your reports surely? Like Ted says, if the opposition are that interested they would have their own man there looking at specific things.

Anyway merry Xmas everyone!
clippo22
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: City!!!
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:12 pm

clippo22 wrote:Cheers Doug, really enjoy reading these reports. I do find it strange that they treat you like some journo when clearly your a passionate fan. With the work they do inside the club like 'inside city' and 'tunnel cam' I'm surprised they haven't given you more access. Would be much better to give you more access and then censor your reports surely? Like Ted says, if the opposition are that interested they would have their own man there looking at specific things.

Anyway merry Xmas everyone!

You're quite new here mate and won't have known that after the 'Give Doug a Pass' campaign, he was allowed access to all areas until that nasty B'stard, Roberto 'Humbug' Mancini, revoked it.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby getdressedmctavish » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:16 pm

Funny enough I was thinking about Doug and the way he's been treated just the other day, wondering how he could stay so loyal cos I know I'd be inclined to say"feck the two faced bastards"He can be satisfied that the reports he gives are a million times more worthwhile than the stage managed crap on the official site.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby clippo22 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:58 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:<null>

Mancini isn't here anymore, time for another campaign?
clippo22
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: City!!!
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:23 pm

clippo22 wrote:

I'm sure Doug still has his contacts and will know where he is at. It'd be nice though.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:00 pm

getdressedmctavish wrote:Funny enough I was thinking about Doug and the way he's been treated just the other day, wondering how he could stay so loyal cos I know I'd be inclined to say"feck the two faced bastards"He can be satisfied that the reports he gives are a million times more worthwhile than the stage managed crap on the official site.

Absolutely.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:23 pm

clippo22 wrote:

I would not waste your time.I get the feeling the current lot are even more paranoid than Mancini's crowd were about paps or anyone being able to see what's going on.It's only this season that the "curtains" which were supposed to stop watchers have been put up properly to do that job.

I will still get along to see what I can and enjoy doing that.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:32 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Absolutely.

I think the website content is brilliant and comes across as very natural and genuine.
DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby twosips » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:42 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Absolutely.

I think the website content is brilliant and comes across as very natural and genuine.

I think he's more referring to the occasional hints at training that they cover which is clearly edited like fuck.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:46 pm

twosips wrote:
I think he's more referring to the occasional hints at training that they cover which is clearly edited like fuck.

Yeah I wouldn't expect any real substance on that topic.
DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby twosips » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:03 pm

Indeed.

I think the behind the scenes content in general is great. We're pretty lucky to have it...
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby marvin » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:10 pm

Was there an injury then? Sorry had to ask
marvin
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:24 pm

Great reporting as always Doug. Loved the PPS.

Time for a break and some relaxation so enjoy the season and Merry Christmas.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:25 pm

marvin wrote:Was there an injury then? Sorry had to ask

City have released some pictures of them training today and missing from the group were David Silva and Demechelis.This was picked up by eagle eyes on BlueMoon.My guess is both have minor knocks and will be fine for the scouse game.

Now I know why they don't want me to mention it.It ruins the surprise when they put out the pictures. YCNMIU
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby South Stand Balti » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:35 pm

Doug, did silva and demichelis appear for the pre training chat?
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Next

Return to Training Reports