Training Monday 23/12

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Re: Training Monday 23/12

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:46 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:Doug, did silva and demichelis appear for the pre training chat?

Silva definitely and Demech probably.I remember Yaya was doing some shadow boxing with David.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby marvin » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:00 pm

Thanks for the reply DH
marvin
De Jong's Tackle

Postby South Stand Balti » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:00 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote: Silva definitely and Demech probably.I remember Yaya was doing some shadow boxing with David.
Thanks that's encouraging. Silva could take Yaya any day!
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby dazby » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:48 pm

Merry Santamas to all the Higgis. Cheers Doug.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:04 am

Massive thanks, as always, Doug. Have a good one.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:31 am

Couldn't get there today but maybe we will get some good news when we hear about today's training
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:35 am

Oh you tease..
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:38 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Oh you tease..

The word is Zaba!
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:41 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

The word is Zaba!

Now that would bring a bit of extra Christmas cheer.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:43 am

Ted Hughes wrote:

The word is Zaba!

Now that would bring a bit of extra Christmas cheer.

Waiting to hear if he participates fully but even knowing he is that close is good news.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Plain Speaking » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:46 am

The word is Zaba!

I did hear his injury was less severe than first indicated but it could be dangerous to play him, hamstrings twinges can so easily re-occur. It could easily become a more severe injury.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:51 am

What time's his presser?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby neil mcnab's tash » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:37 pm

Hi lads

Sorry don't have posting privileges, but have just put this on BM if someone wants to make it a thread.

Hello folks, long time no speak.

Picked a bloody cold day to pop by Carrington, still don't know how Doug does it day in day out.

Anyway the bonus was that the top netting was again down due to the winds and fortunately they didn't repair it before training started.

19 were on show today plus 3 keepers, so don't panic, Silva, Nasty and Demi were all there, even Zaba was being put through quite a rigorous session.

The session started with Pellegrini and his team talk, where all the players and staff are told the plan for the day I guess, Sergio and Micah then went back inside but Zaba stayed out and continued to work with the main group.

The keep ball sessions and positional work were first, then onto a full game, Zaba sat the game out but did work on a 1-2-1 basis with the fitness coach, certainly not weeks away and maybe closer than we originally thought. Micah was out for at least 45 minutes, doing drills and fitness work with another fitness coach.

In the game, which the manager refereed, Rodwell, Dzeko and Nasri were outstanding, some good passing and movement from both teams. We are blessed with a tremendous squad, one or two positional changes today which I wont mention, as I've read other teams read these reports, all positive in my eyes.

Sorry I can't put the DH Shakespearian slant on things, he definitely does things better than me, please ask if you have any questions.

NMT
neil mcnab's tash
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Postby South Stand Balti » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:40 pm

Thanks for the training update, that's very informative and encouraging. Cheers
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:03 pm

neil mcnab's tash wrote:Hi lads

Sorry don't have posting privileges, but have just put this on BM if someone wants to make it a thread.

Picked a bloody cold day to pop by Carrington, still don't know how Doug does it day in day out.

Anyway the bonus was that the top netting was again down due to the winds and fortunately they didn't repair it before training started.

19 were on show today plus 3 keepers, so don't panic, Silva, Nasty and Demi were all there, even Zaba was being put through quite a rigorous session.

The session started with Pellegrini and his team talk, where all the players and staff are told the plan for the day I guess, Sergio and Micah then went back inside but Zaba stayed out and continued to work with the main group.

The keep ball sessions and positional work were first, then onto a full game, Zaba sat the game out but did work on a 1-2-1 basis with the fitness coach, certainly not weeks away and maybe closer than we originally thought. Micah was out for at least 45 minutes, doing drills and fitness work with another fitness coach.

In the game, which the manager refereed, Rodwell, Dzeko and Nasri were outstanding, some good passing and movement from both teams. We are blessed with a tremendous squad, one or two positional changes today which I wont mention, as I've read other teams read these reports, all positive in my eyes.

Sorry I can't put the DH Shakespearian slant on things, he definitely does things better than me, please ask if you have any questions.

NMT

Thanks Neil.Made it into a deserved thread of it's own.Sorry I missed you today,have great christmas.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:13 pm

neil mcnab's tash wrote:Hi lads

NMT

Hi Neil,

I have provided you with the privileges for any future events you wish to post :-)

Many thanks
WW
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby neil mcnab's tash » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:29 pm

Hi Neil,

I have provided you with the privileges for any future events you wish to post :-)

Many thanks
WW[/quote]

Cheers WW, all the best mate
neil mcnab's tash
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Previous

Return to Training Reports