Training New Year's Eve

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training New Year's Eve

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:44 pm

If they can train the least I could do is go and watch them.Persisting down but not too much wind and not cold so it was pretty good watching conditions today.The curtains were down but not for long as the security guys spotted 2 paps and were quickly over.

But not before I had seen the squad clearly and today it was 18 strong with only the known suspects missing.The paps were ideally after snaps of Joe Hart for his facial injury ( big blue stitches by all accounts) and Nasri for very different reasons.Joe seemed in great mood as he scored a fantasy goal and followed it with a fantasy celebration to nobody in particular.

The usual stuff followed with the briefing,jogging,gentle ball work in pairs before a couple of keep ball circles and then some short sharp routines to really get them going.Away down the far end for a passing game and very hard to spot them individually through the curtain for me. The paps had just gone round the other side where there were no curtains up and were snapping away merrily.The one thing I could tell is that it was a strong session albeit only pass/move /press but just showed up the good touch our players have.

Then specially for me ( of course it was) they came down to the goal right in front of me to practice corners and free kicks.All varieties from the right side and then working right across to corners from the left.Probably more for the defensive units organisation than the attacking practice with MP making sure the right positions were being taken up.

A good amount of time spent on this and perhaps one too many for Zaba as his head was in the way of one fierce cross which he could have done without.It brought some laughter from some players and plenty from 2 fans perched high in Beefy's tree.MP called it a day there but a few stayed out for penalty fun. Nasri,Yaya and Aleks with all 3 doing very well.Not perfect but about 8 out of 10 I think but having plenty of fun as is the norm when Yaya and Samir get together.The curtains were brought down as they went in and that gave me a chance to see a lone figure working hard with a physio. Non other than the lesser spotted Jovetic. Looking very good if a little tired as he was working quite hard. Fingers crossed.

Fingers crossed for the Swansea game too.They are all vital now and with almost every away game a really tough one we need to start with 3 points there.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training New Year's Eve

Postby Twobob » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:54 pm

Thanks DH! If pissing it down is good watching weather then you really are a trooper :-)

Glad to see the lesser spotted J' out - and fron the sounds of things doing hard fitness work - I take it you'd normally expect to see jim in full co tact training before appearing on the bench?

Have a great New Year and all the best for 2014!
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:59 pm

Much appreciated as usual, Doug. And have a happy New Year!
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby AG7 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:15 pm

Thanks Doug, just one question ... who is Jovetic?
AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Agueroooooo!

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:19 pm

Twobob wrote:Thanks DH! If pissing it down is good watching weather then you really are a trooper :-)

Glad to see the lesser spotted J' out - and fron the sounds of things doing hard fitness work - I take it you'd normally expect to see jim in full co tact training before appearing on the bench?

Have a great New Year and all the best for 2014!

That's the way it normally works in the getting fit to play routine.Who knows how close he is but promising signs at least.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:20 pm

AG7 wrote:Thanks Doug, just one question ... who is Jovetic?

A possible new signing they can't unveil till the trfr window opens tomorrow.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Florida Blue » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:24 pm

Bojinov in drag.
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby blues2win » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:06 pm

Thanks a million Doug. You're a great member of this site. I only wish the Club could allow you privileged viewing at least from time to time. They could always ban you if you gave away useful info to the enemy but you wouldn't of course. Great PR for the Club. Come on City!

Jovetic clearly isn't match fit but it would be great to see him on the bench tomorrow. He could do with 15 minutes if at all possible. It would do his morale a huge amount of good. Poor chap's had a miserable time. We could really do with him for the Cup matches.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby South Stand Balti » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:33 pm

Thanks for the report Doug, always my favourite bit on the forum. It's encouraging to see Jovetic out there, not just for the lad himself but I think we will need him with all the games left.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:36 pm

blues2win wrote:Thanks a million Doug. You're a great member of this site. I only wish the Club could allow you privileged viewing at least from time to time. They could always ban you if you gave away useful info to the enemy but you wouldn't of course. Great PR for the Club. Come on City!

Jovetic clearly isn't match fit but it would be great to see him on the bench tomorrow. He could do with 15 minutes if at all possible. It would do his morale a huge amount of good. Poor chap's had a miserable time. We could really do with him for the Cup matches.

If Jovetic could get fit and stay so for the rest of the season, apart from being the equivalent of a new signing, it might just provide that additional element of the unknown, in the minds of our opponents, in the second half of the campaign and especially in the final run-in.

I'm surprised though that Pellegrini is spending (wasting ??) some time on the defensive side of things when he could be working even more on making us better in attack.....whatever is the world coming to ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:52 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
blues2win wrote:Thanks a million Doug. You're a great member of this site. I only wish the Club could allow you privileged viewing at least from time to time. They could always ban you if you gave away useful info to the enemy but you wouldn't of course. Great PR for the Club. Come on City!

If Jovetic could get fit and stay so for the rest of the season, apart from being the equivalent of a new signing, it might just provide that additional element of the unknown, in the minds of our opponents, in the second half of the campaign and especially in the final run-in.

I'm surprised though that Pellegrini is spending (wasting ??) some time on the defensive side of things when he could be working even more on making us better in attack.....whatever is the world coming to ??

i was very excited when we signed JoJo. i hope we get to see the cunt.

We defo need a CB in Jan. Best bet would be if it's another Kolo Toure type of "almost too fucking old" signings that can last us a couple seasons as additional right-footed cover for Vinnie. What's Alex doing at PSG? Always thought he was a solid one who might fit that bill. I don't think we want to sign some 22 year old shit hot CB. I think if we really think we're getting something from Nasty or one of the EDS kids then we can't block their progress. If we do buy one, now or in the Summer, then i guess we're relegating those kids, including Nasty, to the Savic-pile.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:03 pm

Florida Blue wrote:

Bojinov in drag.

bojinov??
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby nottsblue » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:46 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:Much appreciated as usual, Doug. And have a happy New Year!

Hear hear
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby phips » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:28 pm

thanks for this doug
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus