Training Friday 10/1

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training Friday 10/1

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:21 pm

Perfect training conditions today if slightly cold for the lazy watcher. They worked over on the far Sale Sharks pitch today so decent viewing for me but I did notice a lot of stuff set out on the 1st pitch which suggested there would be plenty of 1 on 1 work going on for those coming back from injury.
23 players on view to start with (yes 23 and that didn't include the keepers) for the initial MP briefing.It ended with just 20 as Kun ,Rodders and Jovetic went off to work separately.Kun after an extra chat with MP.Everyone looking very bright and lively as you might expect and the group included Boyata and Guidetti (therefore I assume not playing for the under 21's tonight) plus the surprise of Alex Nimely ( I am sure it was him).The briefing started with a strong round of applause which I am sure would have been for Yaya and his latest APotY award.

Training started with a jog or tow and then some simple sharp exercises.Two fun bits in these included running whilst pushing another player or perhaps it was all about resisting the pressure from another player.Then they ran back from one routine and linked arms to press back to back.Watching Yaya linked with Silva was funny and I think David recognised the mismatch.Another pairing was Navas with Micah which seemed to always end with Jesus sprinting away. Fun to watch and everyone enjoying it too.

Into some stretches before breaking into 3 keep ball circles and then they broke into to main groups.One was the team from Wednesday who went inside shortly afterwards.Again no point in too strong a session for players who played 2 days ago and just don't need match practice type work.

The others got into an attack v defence session which was really good. Great to see a quality early finish from Guidetti from a good Navas ball. Jesus was looking superb so obviously has no problems remaining from whatever his midweek niggle was.Nimely scored next to finish a great Milner/Guidetti move.All under the eagle eye of MP and his team watching intently.

I left before they finished today ( the pictures beckoned) but saw 2 players working hard which I believe were Jovetic and Rodders.Kun I assume was inside but we saw him yesterday going through all sorts ok work and I was told he was also doing a lot of shooting practice. Good signs that all 3 are not far away.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Friday 10/1

Postby Sister of fu » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:37 pm

Kun on the bench this weekend maybe??
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:41 pm

Sister of fu wrote:Kun on the bench this weekend maybe??

I have no doubt if we had one match left of the season that Kun would be involved in it but I would be surprised if he was involved this weekend.The fact that he doesn't seem to have worked fully with the team yet suggests he needs more work before game time.I also get the feeling that MP won't rush players back.I think Vinnie was held back a little before coming back in as we don't won't a quick break down.

Zaba was maybe an exception but he is a special warrior.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Chinners » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:43 pm

Cheers as always DH. The applause might have been for Pelligrini thou
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:05 pm

Chinners wrote:Cheers as always DH. The applause might have been for Pelligrini thou

It was probably for Jovetic, having been eventually found by the coaching staff!
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:05 pm

Thanks for that Doug. I'm pleased to see Yaya is fit after Wednesday. He looked pretty bad when he collapsed after his challenge on Diame. Head in my hands at the time as he is our most influential player in my opinion.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Mike J » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:08 pm

You actually saw Jovetic!? Blimey, he is real.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby blues2win » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:30 pm

Worry about Yaya gone. Great news about Navas. Love to see him play against Newcastle. News about Kun excellent; maybe on the bench against the bar codes? I'll reserve judgement on Jovetic until Doug reports him training vigorously two session in a row.

Thanks very much Doug as ever. Brilliant stuff.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Plain Speaking » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:23 pm

Receiving the African PoTY award in Lagos yesterday, and having his ankle injury midweek, I thought Yaya may be missing.
Great to see him training, he has a good record at Newcastle.
This could be a tricky one but with Yaya available I feel more optimistic.
Great job DH.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Herb » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:33 pm

Thanks for the report Doug, always much appreciated.
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Postby Tony P » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:36 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:I left before they finished today ( the pictures beckoned)

What did you see?
Tony P
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby s1ty m » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:28 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Perfect training conditions today if slightly cold for the lazy watcher. They worked over on the far Sale Sharks pitch today so decent viewing for me but I did notice a lot of stuff set out on the 1st pitch which suggested there would be plenty of 1 on 1 work going on for those coming back from injury. 23 players on view to start with (yes 23 and that didn't include the keepers) for the initial MP briefing.It ended with just 20 as Kun ,Rodders and Jovetic went off to work separately.Kun after an extra chat with MP.Everyone looking very bright and lively as you might expect and the group included Boyata and Guidetti (therefore I assume not playing for the under 21's tonight) plus the surprise of Alex Nimely ( I am sure it was him).The briefing started with a strong round of applause which I am sure would have been for Yaya and his latest APotY award. Training started with a jog or tow and then some simple sharp exercises.Two fun bits in these included running whilst pushing another player or perhaps it was all about resisting the pressure from another player.Then they ran back from one routine and linked arms to press back to back.Watching Yaya linked with Silva was funny and I think David recognised the mismatch.Another pairing was Navas with Micah which seemed to always end with Jesus sprinting away. Fun to watch and everyone enjoying it too. Into some stretches before breaking into 3 keep ball circles and then they broke into to main groups.One was the team from Wednesday who went inside shortly afterwards.Again no point in too strong a session for players who played 2 days ago and just don't need match practice type work. The others got into an attack v defence session which was really good. Great to see a quality early finish from Guidetti from a good Navas ball. Jesus was looking superb so obviously has no problems remaining from whatever his midweek niggle was.Nimely scored next to finish a great Milner/Guidetti move.All under the eagle eye of MP and his team watching intently. I left before they finished today ( the pictures beckoned) but saw 2 players working hard which I believe were Jovetic and Rodders.Kun I assume was inside but we saw him yesterday going through all sorts ok work and I was told he was also doing a lot of shooting practice. Good signs that all 3 are not far away.

Superb that Yaya seems OK.
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:29 pm

Tony P wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:I left before they finished today ( the pictures beckoned)

What did you see?

American Hustle, not sure I go with all the hype!
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby nottsblue » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:56 pm

Top stuff as usual. Love catching up with these reports when i get home from work. No point risking Aguero. He might even have a job getting back into the starting eleven!
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby bigblue » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:42 pm

Cheers Doug and good to hear Micah is back!
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Return to Training Reports