Training Monday 27/1

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training Monday 27/1

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:59 pm

Lovely day and the cones,mannequins etc all being set up as I arrived and all the players started coming out.And it was all again including Nasri and one or two others who went in after the briefing from Pellegrini. A long briefing it was as well with no doubt some words about starting games sloppily or believing we are invincible.All in the new yellow training kit apart from 2 with blue tops on. Maybe right backs are allowed or maybe Les Chapman ran out.

Good news that Negredo was fully involved but I fully expect the prospects of him playing will depend on any reaction after today.Maybe he has no chance at all as I thought Pellegrini had already ruled him out.Jovetic and Rodwell also fully involved along with Boyata and Lopes and 19 in total out there for the initial jogging ,stretches and basic routines.Then into a couple of keep ball circles with Kun doing a little extra running and those who played the full 90 v Watford going inside.

With the games coming thick and fast there is no way a training session can be full on all the time.There are bound to be niggles after matches and the manager will have to listen to and rely on the medical staff to get the right training for each player. Nearly an injury in the keep ball circle as Nasti went into a studs up lunge which earned him a red card ( from me!)

All on my own today as the paps would be over at the swamp trying to get pictures of the new saviour. The group moved into some pass and move game.I hope they understood what it was all about as I didn't. 3 teams I think and it was very fast as teams tried to pass/move/ press.Richard Wright became an outfield players as the numbers became uneven and even Joe had a go with his football skill.Looked ok to.Two things in this was how well Lopes fits into the group and how good Silva is.I think I often say it but it's great to watch Merlin when it's all about first touch,awareness and passing.

That finished and it was into attack v defence. 6 attacking 4 plus a keeper for a while and then 5 v5 with Pellegrini in the thick of it inside the penalty box directing everything.Two sweet goals scored.First from Jovetic from a Negredo cross and then Lopes from Zaba.At one time Pellegrini started to encourage the attackers to shoot from the edge of the box but that was more to ensure the defenders got close to stop them doing it.

Then it was into a 6 a side game to finish off with.Plenty of goals coming from Zaba 3,Rodwell 2,Fernandinho 3,Clichy.Some brilliant saves from Hart and Wright but for me the best goal of the lot was from Fernandinho .A screamer from about 15 yards that flew into the top corner.Lopes did everything but score including one that rebounded miles from the cross bar.

And so they will all do warm downs and get ready for the trip to London.How good would 3 pts be at Spurs.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Monday 27/1

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:06 pm

Thanks, Doug. And stay safe! Remember, the rags practise penalties on Mondays.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Original Dub » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:13 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:Thanks, Doug. And stay safe! Remember, the rags practise penalties on Mondays.

*Chortle*
Original Dub

Postby Plain Speaking » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:23 pm

Thanks Doug, that positive team report was great to hear. It lifts the spirit to hear Negredo and Silva back in training!
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:23 pm

Seems like Jovetic is getting the hang of it! Avaialble 3 games in a row!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby South Stand Balti » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:36 pm

Thanks Doug. Really interesting report as always. Cheesey said on Saturday that Jimmy had failed a late fitness test. Any sign of him today? 3 points would be fantastic and that seems even more important given its Chelsea next.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:24 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:Thanks Doug. Really interesting report as always. Cheesey said on Saturday that Jimmy had failed a late fitness test. Any sign of him today? 3 points would be fantastic and that seems even more important given its Chelsea next.

He must have had a minor problem and was out and about running today while the other were full training.He was working 1 on 1 as I left and looking very close to ready.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:39 pm

Thanks Doug.

Pellegrini's quote on Negredo at the weekend:

"Alvaro is not ready for Saturday. We will see in the next days how his shoulder reacts from the work he is doing. Maybe in a week he will be okay."
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby South Stand Balti » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:51 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote: He must have had a minor problem and was out and about running today while the other were full training.He was working 1 on 1 as I left and looking very close to ready.

That sounds promising. Thanks for the reply.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC

Postby bigblue » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:59 pm

Maybe I missed it, but since you mentioned Jovetic and Rodwell, was Micah out there as well?
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:05 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Thanks Doug.

Pellegrini's quote on Negredo at the weekend:

"Alvaro is not ready for Saturday. We will see in the next days how his shoulder reacts from the work he is doing. Maybe in a week he will be okay."

That's what I would have thought.

And yes to the Micah question, he was out there.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby phips » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:27 am

sounds like Silva was back involved. Pelle said he tweaked his hammy. we will def need his vs Tottenham.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus