Training Deadline Day

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training Deadline Day

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:29 pm

Pouring with rain but sadly virtually nothing to report on the training front. Apart from a little bit of good news that Milner was back in the thick of it.Many of the team that thrashed Spurs went straight inside after the Pellegrini briefing leaving only 14 out for any training at all.Even Nasri joined the group for the chat and I am sure I saw him kick a ball as he walked away.Negredo in full training too as was Lescott so he is not off somewhere for a medical.Not yet anyway.

Included in the group that stayed out was Lopes and I think for the first time Hiwula.From there though it was very simple basic stuff in the warm up and then into keep ball circles.Then the remainder of the team from Wednesday did a bit of running and went inside and...so did the rest apart from Hiwula and Lopes..Seemed a bit strange as 10 minutes later 7 or 8 of them came back out and started a passing game. Maybe they went inside for some photos or something as there was supposed to have been a photoshoot for the Capital One Cup.Who knows.

I could have gone to watch the 18's who were training on the open pitch but the constant rain persuaded me otherwise.( it certainly wasn't a desire to get back and watch the end of the cricket) I didn't go to the main entrance but the SKY wagon was there very early today and no doubt Cooper or Dainton (spell check on that one)will be reporting from there all day.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Deadline Day

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:35 pm

cheers Doug, I admire your dedication....not long until the snow arrives :-)

I though the headline was Transfer Deadline day at first glance
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Return to Training Reports