Training Thursday 6/2

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training Thursday 6/2

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:26 pm

A fairly quiet day at Carrington but at least in decent weather.The players came out in a mixture of blue and yellow tops which made me wonder and my suspicions were confirmed immediately after the Peller's briefing when all the ones in blue went inside.They were basically the ones who played the full game v Chelsea so clearly care is being taken with the regular players to not overdo it.

No doubt they would work on some stuff inside.The only 2 from the team who stayed out were Silva and Zaba but they only did some jogging around with a physio.Sadly the curtains had to go up today as paps were around.Prior to that though I got the impression there was a good buzz amongst the players which carried on through the session I watched.

Getting his constitutional as he does very often was skipper Tony Book and after a few laps he stayed around to watch.Would love to know his thoughts on this squad.Anyway there were just 10 outfield players remaining which quickly became 9 taking part in all the usual warm up jogs,stretching a short sharp fitness routines.

Then it was into keep ball circles which MP took an even closer interest in than usual.One of the keepers joined in, taking it in turn, and Micah enjoyed taking Joe out in one tackle.MP was shouting ( as much as he does) encouragement and instructions before a quick break more stretches and then into one larger circle for all 10 players.Comedy moments involving Alex and Micah as Costel was called over to join in.MP was really working them hard to get the closing down done and especially so when the ball was switched to the furthest point to get the 3 in the middle to turn and press quickly and together.

I just did an hour before leaving and the circle work was still going on. A word for the keepers as they were working closest to me and working hard and very well often drawing a little applause from the watching crowd.That's Les Chapman and a security guy! As I left I got a quick look at two players working away with physios. Javi Garcia and Samir Nasri. Samir looking especially good to me.I could see 2 weeks being at least a possibility as his movement and flexibility ( at least to my untrained eye) was more than I would have expected.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Thursday 6/2

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:27 pm

Thanks, Doug.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby phips » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:54 pm

thanks for this
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Plain Speaking » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:27 pm

I hope the player reducing outfield players to 9 wasn't another injury!
Thanks Doug
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby sheblue » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:45 pm

By far the training reports are the most interesting threads on here.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby nottsblue » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:46 pm

Thanks Doug. Pleasure to read as always
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:47 pm

Cheers Doug, good to see Samir working well as I think he could have a big say on our season.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby blues2win » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:02 pm

If Milner is anything to go by Pellegrini likes to see a player training with the group for a week before they're considered for selection. He put Milner on the bench on Monday but indicated he hadn't really felt he was ready to come because he'd only been playing with the group since the day before. So Nasri will have to be training normally in a week's tine to be seriously considered for selection the following week. He might just make the Barca game but I slightly doubt it. We'll see.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Return to Training Reports