Training Friday 7/2

The man with a pass and his insight into every day training at Manchester City Football Club.

Training Friday 7/2

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:01 pm

All kinds of weather today but good viewing as I watched the team train prior to leaving for Naaaaarch.19 on show including Lopes + keepers today as they set off after a briefish talk from the boss and into the usual early warm up stuff.Keep ball circles with a difference followed.

There were 3 circles but it appeared each time the tacklers won a ball 2 players sprinted from one group to another.It was sprint too as Kolarov had to be warned off once as he tore into a new group and looked like he might launch into a tackle.He didn't of course as he's a sensible bloke. (?) Added to the the group during the circles session I think was Kreis (NY City FC ).I wasn't 100% sure from a distance.Looks quite a fit bloke from the evidence I saw.

In the background I think Nicola was recording some of her daily City news feature.Then it was time to do more practice on corners and free kicks .From the right side to the left and pretty well every variety you can think of.If anyone was spying on this work I don't think it would be easy,maybe impossible,to work out what is likely to be used in matches or if there is any signal or obvious movement to determine what is going to happen.I was impressed by the variety and execution.Seems the players knew which is all that matters.The defenders did very well in all this and were helped out on one occasion as Vinnie cleared off the line.Trouble is he was an attacker at the time and trying to get out of the way.

It ended with edge of the box direct free kicks and penalties.The master from the edge of the box was Aleks as he usually is.Took 2 scored 2 I think.The penalties were fun.Even Micah took one and left with a 100% record.The main competition was Yaya v Joe which Joe won and called for Yaya to be demoted from taking penalties.All good fun and Yaya was not 100% concentrated on the task but rather trying to bluff and double bluff Joe.Aleks and Negredo were very good and Lopes took 2 beauties.

On the way out I got another quick view of Garcia and Nasri working outside one to one with a physio and then just as was leaving ,and the rain hammered down, Kun appeared to do a little running I assume.More good news.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Re: Training Friday 7/2

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:05 pm

HAPPY FRIDAY! great report as per, that weather was al kinds from one minute to the next, sun and showers...then sun then showers etc etc

Sounds like its all good focused work, will be more upbeat when I see Nasri and Kun back in the main group
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby getdressedmctavish » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:24 pm

Lovely report, Doug
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:33 pm

Friday report thanks mate.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Breks » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:43 pm

Always a good read.
Breks
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:19 pm

Wonderwall wrote:HAPPY FRIDAY! great report as per, that weather was al kinds from one minute to the next, sun and showers...then sun then showers etc etc

Sounds like its all good focused work, will be more upbeat when I see Nasri and Kun back in the main group

You are spot on re the weather.One minute stripping off to catch the sun and the next battered by hailstone.All in a good cause.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Sideshow Bob » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:10 pm

pelle suggested dzeko has a knock...did he train today?
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby phips » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:12 pm

good stuff.

so does Alvaro look fitter than he did at the weekend? we need him to start hitting top form again soon
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:12 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:pelle suggested dzeko has a knock...did he train today?

I thought he said Dzeko plus Milner and Lescott were fit and available.Are you reading into his comments that all 3 had a problem?
I couldn't possibly confirm that Edin only doing light training today.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Sideshow Bob » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:21 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:pelle suggested dzeko has a knock...did he train today?

I thought he said Dzeko plus Milner and Lescott were fit and available.Are you reading into his comments that all 3 had a problem?
I couldn't possibly confirm that Edin only doing light training today.

thx. he said "Edin Dzeko has a problem in his ankle, but he is in the list."
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Return to Training Reports